Player Discussion Zach Senyshyn - II - NO 2015 draft talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
How about trading Bjork to Edmonton for Puljujarvi? Two talented underperforming wingers who may benefit from a change of scenery.

I've long admired Anders' skill set which includes superior skating. But, despite his showing in Game 5, there's little production point wise overall.

Pulju wants to return to theNHL and the Oil is trying to work out a solution. This could be it.

Reactions: mflo77

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
How about trading Bjork to Edmonton for Puljujarvi? Two talented underperforming wingers who may benefit from a change of scenery.

I've long admired Anders' skill set which includes superior skating. But, despite his showing in Game 5, there's little production point wise overall.

Pulju wants to return to theNHL and the Oil is trying to work out a solution. This could be it.

Is Bjork really underperforming, though? He was a 5th round draft pick. Arguably he is overperforming for where he was taken and if the Bruins get no more than a serviceable third liner out of him, that is pretty much a win. Not saying what you propose isn't an intriguing idea, but surely the Oilers would want something more for their "investment" of a fourth overall pick.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Is Bjork really underperforming, though? He was a 5th round draft pick. Arguably he is overperforming for where he was taken and if the Bruins get no more than a serviceable third liner out of him, that is pretty much a win. Not saying what you propose isn't an intriguing idea, but surely the Oilers would want something more for their "investment" of a fourth overall pick.

As @Alicat said elsewhere, this season was essentially Bjork's rookie one, given that the previous two were significantly reduced because of shoulder injuries. I think that management views his situation in the same way, which would explain in part the three-year contract. It's committed to him for the foreseeable future. I don't see Bjork being moved, at least not for another season.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
If the line is Bjork/Coyle/Pastrnak, I'm fine with him in the line-up. If it's Bjork/Coyle/Random-RW-that-can't-finish-or-do-anything-right, I'm not. He gels well with Coyle, but you need finishing ability on that line. I haven't seen enough of Stud to tell if Bjork-Coyle-Studnicka could work over a full season. Stud is more of a playmaker himself.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Thanks for illustrating the point
crowd laughing  (1).gif

neelyforpresident

Dec 25, 2007
Washington
I'd trade Krejci, make Coyle the #2 C and Studnicka the #3C. Next season's RWs: Pastrnak, Kase, Senyshyn and Wagner/Kuhlman. On the left: Marchand, Debrusk, Bjork and Frederic.

I’d be worried about the increasing gap in production between the first and second line if we trade Krejci and fill that position with Coyle. If Krejci is traded, what is the potential return? Also, a line of Bjork/Studnicka/Senyshyn is a huge question mark. I’d be ok with seeing how that looks if the 2nd line made be feel better about production. But DeBrusk/Coyle/Kase looks like a line that isn’t going to produce much.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I considered , too, that Edmonton would want more for its “investment”. However, at what point does the value decrease based on experience and lack of production?

JP has recorded 37 points in 139 games over three NHL seasons. Bjork has similar numbers (34) over 108 games. In terms of numbers alone Bjork is at least equal to Puljujarvi for their careers.

I would be reluctant to offer something significantly more to Edmonton.

Reactions: Bruhin and Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Bye Senny

Oof. That probably tells us all we need to know about how they feel about his prospects going forward. The only thing I could offer to counter that is that the bottom 6 is loaded with guys under contract already and in another year, it will look substantially different- Lindholm, Kuraly, Blidh, Nick Ritchie plus a slew of other in Providence are going to contract end. This could just be a " one more year in Providence, show us something" kind of deal and in the meantime we have to monitor our cap and roster space.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Oof. That probably tells us all we need to know about how they feel about his prospects going forward. The only thing I could offer to counter that is that the bottom 6 is loaded with guys under contract already and in another year, it will look substantially different- Lindholm, Kuraly, Blidh, Nick Ritchie plus a slew of other in Providence are going to contract end. This could just be a " one more year in Providence, show us something" kind of deal and in the meantime we have to monitor our cap and roster space.

Not surprising...Good luck to Zach competing for a spot out of camp.

Reactions: Dr Hook

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Well it does tell you that he has been a long term project and likely isn't going to be anything special. A reach by Sweeney that has not paid off five years and running. Sweeney was wise to convince Zach to stay in Providence for another year and prove he can still make the team, but not until another year. Too bad. Too many 4th liners on this team presently.

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Well it does tell you that he has been a long term project and likely isn't going to be anything special. A reach by Sweeney that has not paid off five years and running. Sweeney was wise to convince Zach to stay in Providence for another year and prove he can still make the team, but not until another year. Too bad. Too many 4th liners on this team presently.

If that is what he was “convinced” to do, then that is exactly where his ass should stay. If he wants an NHL role, take one in training camp and force a trade/waive.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Will compete with Stud or Kuhlman for the 4th line RW

But golden opportunity to make a roster spot at the start of the season with potentially Pasta out due to surgery recovery/rehab

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Will compete with Stud or Kuhlman for the 4th line RW

But golden opportunity to make a roster spot at the start of the season with potentially Pasta out due to surgery recovery/rehab

Doubtful Stud is put on the 4th line to start in the NHL, especially with 2 big names out for the start. Seny Probably gets a good look in the top 9 I think also. It's too bad he has so much pressure put on him because of his draft selection but I truly believe he can get himself a spot this year with the B's.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Doubtful Stud is put on the 4th line to start in the NHL, especially with 2 big names out for the start. Seny Probably gets a good look in the top 9 I think also. It's too bad he has so much pressure put on him because of his draft selection but I truly believe he can get himself a spot this year with the B's.

He needs to rise to the challenge

Next season will be a crucial point of his career. Time is running out

He doesnt have to do anything fancy but leverage his physical gifts/simple game. And if opportunity arises put the puck at the back of the net.

He has the size and skating to shield the puck, drive from the outside and take the puck to the net

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
The best case scenario for Senyshyn is that he turns out to be something like Zach Sanford, who had similar AHL numbers, but has size and speed that translates to the NHL. I'm not too optimistic, but that's the hope. He will not be a prolific scorer in the NHL, we just would have seen it at the AHL level by now.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I gotta think it's not a good sign when we've only been through two Seny threads since 2015.

if you count the number of posts in other threads that Senyshyn has bled into I think we are on the equivalent of 15 total threads tho lol

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lol , only 15?

lol fair point

I do honestly think he becomes a full time NHLer in somebody’s bottom 6, it’s just a matter of where that happens. Wouldn’t mind it being here. He’s fast and probs gonna and up around 6’2 200 lbs if he isn’t there already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad