Player Discussion Zach Senyshyn - II - NO 2015 draft talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Will he be our next cameron mann or our next brian rolston

I think alot of us overrated mann as a prospect after his success as a kid prospect

And rolston was still getting critism a few years into his career that he would never make it as a top 6

I guess senyshyn plays a bit like these guys... good sizes speedy shooter

We will have to see how this story ends up but its still too early to say we can close the book

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I went camping with Senyshyn. I’m in the back of a pickup with Zach and a live deer. Well, Senyshyn, he grabs the deer by the antlers, looks at it and says, ‘I’m Zach Senyshyn! Say it!’ Then he squeezes the deer in such a way that a sound comes out of its mouth — “Zachsenyshyn!” It wasn’t exactly it, but it was pretty good for a deer.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Will he be our next cameron mann or our next brian rolston

I think alot of us overrated mann as a prospect after his success as a kid prospect

And rolston was still getting critism a few years into his career that he would never make it as a top 6

I guess senyshyn plays a bit like these guys... good sizes speedy shooter

We will have to see how this story ends up but its still too early to say we can close the book

Prior to the 2010-2011 season, I surveyed all 20 OHL GM's on a variety of things. One of them was "who is the OHL's best defenceman heading into their draft years, taking into account their careers to date and potential?"

11 of 20 GM's gave Scott Harrington a first place vote, 5 for Ryan Murphy and 4 for Dougie Hamilton.

Harrington never lived up to expectations, concussions almost ended Murphy's career and never reached his potential and Dougie is Dougie.

The thing is, that at the time I asked the question, those 11 GM's probably weren't wrong. These things are fluid and change with the wind. Sometimes they get worse, and sometimes they come out of nowhere and bingo, you have the uncertainty of the NHL Draft.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Prior to the 2010-2011 season, I surveyed all 20 OHL GM's on a variety of things. One of them was "who is the OHL's best defenceman heading into their draft years, taking into account their careers to date and potential?"

11 of 20 GM's gave Scott Harrington a first place vote, 5 for Ryan Murphy and 4 for Dougie Hamilton.

Harrington never lived up to expectations, concussions almost ended Murphy's career and never reached his potential and Dougie is Dougie.

The thing is, that at the time I asked the question, those 11 GM's probably weren't wrong. These things are fluid and change with the wind. Sometimes they get worse, and sometimes they come out of nowhere and bingo, you have the uncertainty of the NHL Draft.

I find the draft process fascinating dom but I have no delusion I have anything better than a monkey and a dartboard chance of scouting these guys myself. some of the greatest performing chl kids of all time had fatal flaws that true scouts identified and wisely avoided. seen it myself time and time again some kid like wes walz or dave pasin could just tear up the chl and they were always doomed to have limited or non-exist nhl careers.

and then... so many all time greats drop into the later rounds because they simply werent finished products at draft age.

I envy your ability to be involved in this world and am impressed by your successful track record. I will always say some posters here are far too harsh on criticizing the bruins record. ultimately I feel success and failure as a draft evaluator has to be measured against your peers. its like hitting in baseball to me. if no one else bats better than .350 then its insane to criticise your guy for batting .345

sometimes failure is the norm... sometimes a below 500 batting average is hall of fame worthy

and ive seen the consensus draft lists for 20 or more years and they tend to suck a lot... I have a collection of hockey news future watch it tends to suck... I have seen the tsn guys do their lists... I got red line a few years. I try my best to educate myself, but ive never seen a list where its much better than our own record

I say again... when you look at real nhl players that the bruins graduated to the NHL who are still playing... NO TEAM IN NHL has a better collection {and remember our draft position usually sucks}

we drafted high end scoring like
seguin
kessel
marchand
Bergeron
debrusk
and identified freeagent wheeler to sign...

hows that for top 6 firepower?

we either drafted or signed as an ufa
McAvoy
Hamilton
carlo
krug

trust me, thats one hell of a top 4 built for the new nhl

and in goal

we identified tuuka rask and plucked him from the maple leaf organization

if that isnt crazy star power to lead the team... we can roll out a 3rd like with thornton/krejci/lucic
and a 4th line with kuraly/Heinen/kuhlman/donato/sobotka

round out our defense with Clifton/miller...

backup goaltender might be the weakest spot on the team... but the other 22 roster spots are filled with star quality options

its really been a golden age of drafting/developing kids into the nhl for our organization over the past 20 years

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
new page opened for a kid with 2 NHL games under his belt, must be a superstar in the making:naughty:

It's standard to have a page here for any player on the team. That includes prospects. I don't see what's unusual about having a page for Senyshyn.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's standard to have a page here for any player on the team. That includes prospects. I don't see what's unusual about having a page for Senyshyn.

True, but if we added in all the Senyshyn talk from draft threads, line combo threads, trade threads etc. this would be on its 5th page or more :laugh:
I think the surprise is how much chatter this kid has generated here when he hasn't done much of anything, good or bad, particularly at the NHL level

Reactions: hrdpuk

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
True, but if we added in all the Senyshyn talk from draft threads, line combo threads, trade threads etc. this would be on its 5th page or more :laugh:
I think the surprise is how much chatter this kid has generated here when he hasn't done much of anything, good or bad, particularly at the NHL level

Well, Senyshyn, through no fault of his own, is undoubtedly Boston's most controversial and head-scratching draft pick in recent memory.

Reactions: Finster8 and Lo97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad