Player Discussion Zach Senyshyn - II - NO 2015 draft talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I am searching for a new career, something new. Reading here brought me the idea of becoming scout for a NHL team... seems fun, eating hot-dog, watching hockey etcc... and like the TV meteo guy, make recommandation to the team GM for him to select a prediction, a promise at the draft. Then continue with no accountability for 4-5 years, unknown for most and then with all the friends made, change organisation a la Timmins in Habs land.

Who is scouting LMJHQ for the Bruins! I will do it for them if no one does it. How much does it pay?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
My favorite is how Senyshyn would of cracked the line-ups of other (lesser) organizations years ago but the Bruins are sooooooo deep up front he just had no chance.

I remember when Senyshyn was still a Jr and wasn't
sniffing TC. That should have been a red flag.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I hope he earns a spot too, but he's going to have to beat out Kase, Studnicka & Wagner for a spot and I just don't think it happens. I go back and fourth, would it be better for him to be on the NHL roster as a 13th forward getting looks when someone is struggling or going to Providence playing in a top 6 role (assuming they'd let him vs putting him in the bottom 6).

Doesn't he have to clear waivers?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Oh 100% has to do with where he was picked rather than him as a player.
If they took Carlo in his spot and he in Carlo’s, no one would be picking the scabs of a single draft pick 5 years later (though in actuality everything would be the same).

Carlo was never considered a top 15 pick. So,thats
20/20 cherry picking to the max.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Doesn't he have to clear waivers?

He would, but remember if he's claimed he needs to be on that teams roster for the full season (iirc) or the player has to offered back to their original team. If Boston took him back they could put him in the AHL without having to put him through waivers. So I guess the question is how many teams would claim Senyshyn and keep him on their roster for the full season? Maybe a rebuilding team like OTT or DET. Early in the year to when everyone is sending guys through waivers to start the year he may be more likely to clear

Reactions: BTO

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
If they took Carlo in his spot and he in Carlo’s, no one would be picking the scabs of a single draft pick 5 years later (though in actuality everything would be the same).
Sigh... I did say I never commented on Senyshyn since late season of 2018-19. Some people can't handle the criticism of a player they fell in love with, removing any possible discussion about said player. When people fall in love with a player they can't see what's wrong with it. Instead of having a discussion they only have excuses to offer. Blaming everyone under the sun to protect their loved ones from critics, even the players teammates.

What's worse...everyone that doesn't agree with them are haters...justifying why he's not playing in the top line/top 6 , or playing in the show. The team is not putting the player in a position to succeed. Excuses after excuses...there's no limit.

All this after spending years living in fantasy land on how good the player is... it never occurs to them the coaching staff, development team and the organization as a whole knows more than anyone else about the player's ability and mental state. But...if you haven't see the players in person...you know nothing.

This reminds me of all the years spent watching the Q and the O every sunday night... good times.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

No, fans would still be rightfully upset that they didn't pick the slam dunk consensus guys that fell to 13 - 15. Slam dunk consensus. And look at Connor and Barzal today.

That is not cherry picking. Cherry picking 20/20 hindsight would be us saying, why didn't they pick Brayden Point instead of Ryan Donato?

Obviously there was a scout with a lot of influence who banged the table for his guy. Didn't work out. Its ok.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I still like Senyshyn as a player, it wasn't easy but he won me over,he'll be resigned and I'm predicting he along with Studnicka and Frederic will make the team out of camp

How are you seeing it?

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Kase
Bjork -- Coyle -- Studnicka
Frederic -- Kuraly -- Wagner
Senyshyn
Ritchie

???

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I still like Senyshyn as a player, it wasn't easy but he won me over,he'll be resigned and I'm predicting he along with Studnicka and Frederic will make the team out of camp
Yeah...it's pretty weird, I remember you being pissed off at the end of season 2 in Provi complaining about his lack of hockey sense and commitment... I thing it's more peer pressure than anything else. The sniper has 12, 14 and 7 goals in first 3 seasons. But he's making progress in the BOTTOM 6 in Providence. Let's not forget he also has 6 games in the NHL with 1 goal and 3 points. He can't even beat Kuhlman ffs.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Something like that,not convinced Bjork has a home here

Interesting.... Even after re-signing him to a 3 year deal? I know they did move Heinen at the TDL after re-signing him the offseason before, but that 3rd year for Bjork makes it seem more like Boston is really banking on him turning into a Top 9 option who can provide scoring.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
How are you seeing it?

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Kase
Bjork -- Coyle -- Studnicka
Frederic -- Kuraly -- Wagner
Senyshyn
Ritchie

???

I'd trade Krejci, make Coyle the #2 C and Studnicka the #3C. Next season's RWs: Pastrnak, Kase, Senyshyn and Wagner/Kuhlman. On the left: Marchand, Debrusk, Bjork and Frederic.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Yeah...it's pretty weird, I remember you being pissed off at the end of season 2 in Provi complaining about his lack of hockey sense and commitment... I thing it's more peer pressure than anything else. The sniper has 12, 14 and 7 goals in first 3 seasons. But he's making progress in the BOTTOM 6 in Providence. Let's not forget he also has 6 games in the NHL with 1 goal and 3 points. He can't even beat Kuhlman ffs.
It's not like @BruinsNetwork is going to steal my lunch money then give me a wedgie for speaking ill of Senyshyn
And for the 100th time lines 1-3 get the same amount of ice time, you get the extra ice on special teams,Senyshyn plays on both PP and PK,he's developed into a decent PKer,something that was unimaginable 2 seasons ago, his lack of production is frustrating and is partly due to being unable to consistently create his own offense, we all want the Bruins to get bigger and stronger and unfortunately the one's we've brought in can't hang speed wise,Senyshyn can,he can be our poor mans Josh Anderson

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bjork is starting to have a Austin Czarnik feel to me

I forgot that name... good one

But Bjork had a strong game 5. A few good chances in front of the net

I think Bjork ceiling is Kasperi Kapanen or Andreas Jonsson. Speedsters who you wish had better finish

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I think Bjork ceiling is Kasperi Kapanen or Andreas Jonsson. Speedsters who you wish had better finish

I like Bjork for the most part, and think he has potential. He has more upside than Czarnik to be fair, but they feel the same to me because of fit- Bjork is fast, a little soft, not a possession guy, creative, but not a great shooter as you point out. Where does he fit?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
It's not like @BruinsNetwork is going to steal my lunch money then give me a wedgie for speaking ill of Senyshyn
And for the 100th time lines 1-3 get the same amount of ice time, you get the extra ice on special teams,Senyshyn plays on both PP and PK,he's developed into a decent PKer,something that was unimaginable 2 seasons ago, his lack of production is frustrating and is partly due to being unable to consistently create his own offense, we all want the Bruins to get bigger and stronger and unfortunately the one's we've brought in can't hang speed wise,Senyshyn can,he can be our poor mans Josh Anderson

Quite remarkle he is killing penalties

Not sure about Josh Anderson comparison, because he is like a thug with some skills on the ice.

How about a Paquette, Zach Sandford type hybrid?

I want to see

Frederic Kuraly Senyshyn full time 4th line next season

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Interesting.... Even after re-signing him to a 3 year deal? I know they did move Heinen at the TDL after re-signing him the offseason before, but that 3rd year for Bjork makes it seem more like Boston is really banking on him turning into a Top 9 option who can provide scoring.
Maybe try him with Kuraly and Wagner to start,possible he just out talents the opponents 4th line or maybe I'm overthinking it

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
It’s amazing how much people have to say about a player they haven’t watched.

Sigh... I did say I never commented on Senyshyn since late season of 2018-19. Some people can't handle the criticism of a player they fell in love with, removing any possible discussion about said player. When people fall in love with a player they can't see what's wrong with it. Instead of having a discussion they only have excuses to offer. Blaming everyone under the sun to protect their loved ones from critics, even the players teammates.

What's worse...everyone that doesn't agree with them are haters...justifying why he's not playing in the top line/top 6 , or playing in the show. The team is not putting the player in a position to succeed. Excuses after excuses...there's no limit.

All this after spending years living in fantasy land on how good the player is... it never occurs to them the coaching staff, development team and the organization as a whole knows more than anyone else about the player's ability and mental state. But...if you haven't see the players in person...you know nothing.

This reminds me of all the years spent watching the Q and the O every sunday night... good times.
Thanks for illustrating the point

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I like Bjork for the most part, and think he has potential. He has more upside than Czarnik to be fair, but they feel the same to me because of fit- Bjork is fast, a little soft, not a possession guy, creative, but not a great shooter as you point out. Where does he fit?

3rd line player. I wouldnt mind seeing him with Coyle and Stud next season

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
3rd line player. I wouldnt mind seeing him with Coyle and Stud next season

I'd rather see Jake with Coyle and Stud, and the Bruins to get an bonafide 2nd line LW to play with Krejci and Kase. Or maybe there is room for Seny here

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I'd rather see Jake with Coyle and Stud, and the Bruins to get an bonafide 2nd line LW to play with Krejci and Kase. Or maybe there is room for Seny here

If team gets a bonafide 2nd LW that cost $$

Debrusk is probably odd man out. Because he is going to ask for 2nd line type money

Bjork is cost controlled on the other hand

Reactions: Dr Hook

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

those two players have actually shown finish in their careers.

Kapanen:
20 goals in 78 games
13 goals in 69 games (proj. 16 G full season)

Johnsson:
20 goals in 70 games (proj. 22 G full season)
8 goals in 43 games (proj. 15 G full season)

Bjork’s best season has been:

9 goals in 58 games (proj. 13 G full season)

not the greatest comparison.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad