Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
lol fair point

I do honestly think he becomes a full time NHLer in somebody’s bottom 6, it’s just a matter of where that happens. Wouldn’t mind it being here. He’s fast and probs gonna and up around 6’2 200 lbs if he isn’t there already

I agree, he's never gonna justify his draft position but he can be bottom six player.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I'm not even sure we can call him a bust. That would require there being some kind of expectation, whereas most of us thought he wasn't good in the first place. He's basically what we all thought he was.
Except those that matter obviously thought he had lots of upside.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
I'd like to see him given a fair shot. He's looked good every time I've seen him play, tough on pucks, creates turnovers, has serious speed.
Sucks he got hurt last year when he was up.
Still think he'll prove everyone wrong here.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'd like to see him given a fair shot. He's looked good every time I've seen him play, tough on pucks, creates turnovers, has serious speed.
Sucks he got hurt last year when he was up.
Still think he'll prove everyone wrong here.

I don't know if he will, but I want to see him play and I hope he proves everyone wrong. Mainly because the Bruins could use him if he works out- decent size, blazing speed, maybe he finds his shot with confidence and use in a role appropriate to his skill set.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Well he looks excited to be signed with Boston. He must think that he has a chance to make it with the big club. It will be a matter of time and if he’s given an opportunity. I think he is in their future plans especially with the issue of the expansion draft coming up.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I'm an optimist and hope that he can succeed. Development isn't always linear...let's take a moment and think about Josh Anderson who broke 20 goals twice before scoring 27 in the NHL....both times were in juniors where his high was 27 goals in his last OHL season.

Seny could do something for us if paired with the right people in the right role.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
I don't know if he will, but I want to see him play and I hope he proves everyone wrong. Mainly because the Bruins could use him if he works out- decent size, blazing speed, maybe he finds his shot with confidence and use in a role appropriate to his skill set.

In his limited 6 games of action he looked to me like he can hang in there. I’d wager he’d put up more points than Bjork if given his opportunities.

member 96824

In his limited 6 games of action he looked to me like he can hang in there. I’d wager he’d put up more points than Bjork if given his opportunities.

Let's put aside that they've played at the same level and it wasn't even close..or that Bjork nearly outproduced Senyshyn just gross this year, even though he was in the NHL and Senyshyn was in the A.

I'd be more interested to hear why you think the Bruins gave Anders Bjork $1.6M AAV for 3 years and Zach Senyshyn literally the worst contract an NHL team can offer(min salary, 1 year, two-way) if this was actually the case.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Got some news for Zach. There is no room for him on the NHL Bruins. If he wants a job with this organization he is going to have to displace a player like Khulman, Wagner, even Bjork.

I have to figure that he has the raw ability to do that but can he make the jump? In a weird way I'm pulling for him. I think Wagner for instance is a borderline player and a young guy sick of riding the bus should be able to take his spot.

Sweeney claims he want's people to take opportunities and spots. I gotta believe him on that point...

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Got some news for Zach. There is no room for him on the NHL Bruins. If he wants a job with this organization he is going to have to displace a player like Khulman, Wagner, even Bjork.

I have to figure that he has the raw ability to do that but can he make the jump? In a weird way I'm pulling for him. I think Wagner for instance is a borderline player and a young guy sick of riding the bus should be able to take his spot.

Sweeney claims he want's people to take opportunities and spots. I gotta believe him on that point...

Kuhlman's non-waiver eligibility and Pasta's injury, may, may just open the door for Senyshyn to break camp with the Bruins.

Reactions: Baddkarma

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Even if senyshyn pans out it was a bad pick. The bruins needed the return on those picks 2 or 3 years ago. Its too late now. The window closing fast. Maybe he can be a part of the post bergeron/chara/krejci bruins team but that team doesnt exist yet. I dont think he’ll ever become the top 6 forward he was drafted to be but even if he does become that, it wont be this year. Best case for him is he pots 10 goals in 35 games to finish off the year after starting in providence or on the bench. And thats not enough to make a sizeable impact to a core thats lost a step and can’t hang with the top tier groups around the league like they could 2-4 years ago. Bergeron and chara specifically. And who knows what year will be the year marchand takes a step back.
Senyshyn was a failed pick. Not blaming him one bit. He was always a project that was going to take at least 2-3 years and taking someone with that profile with the team they had was a mistake. The fact its going to take 5 years as a best case scenario is an issue that falls straight on the scouting department and the gm for allowing himself to be talked into a long term project on a ready to win team

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Even if senyshyn pans out it was a bad pick. The bruins needed the return on those picks 2 or 3 years ago. Its too late now. The window closing fast. Maybe he can be a part of the post bergeron/chara/krejci bruins team but that team doesnt exist yet. I dont think he’ll ever become the top 6 forward he was drafted to be but even if he does become that, it wont be this year. Best case for him is he pots 10 goals in 35 games to finish off the year after starting in providence or on the bench. And thats not enough to make a sizeable impact to a core thats lost a step and can’t hang with the top tier groups around the league like they could 2-4 years ago. Bergeron and chara specifically. And who knows what year will be the year marchand takes a step back.
Senyshyn was a failed pick. Not blaming him one bit. He was always a project that was going to take at least 2-3 years and taking someone with that profile with the team they had was a mistake. The fact its going to take 5 years as a best case scenario is an issue that falls straight on the scouting department and the gm for allowing himself to be talked into a long term project on a ready to win team

Exactly, window or no window, you cannot in a salary cap system be 5+ years waiting for your 1st round picks, especially those picked in the Top 20, to finally contribute to your parent club winning hockey games. The fact the Bruins have not one but two of their 2015 picks now entering post-draft season SIX with basically nothing to show for it is far too long. Forget the fact they missed on a few great players, if the Bruins had gotten some production out of those picks in seasons 2-3-4 post-draft, it's a lot easier to stomach. The Bruins, in a desperate effort to "re-tool" (whatever that really means) used two of their three 1st Round selections on two players who had great natural athletic ability (big, strong, great skaters, hard shooters, etc) but were extremely raw in their hockey IQ and decision making, meaning there was a high likely-hood both would be taking the long-road to the NHL, was a asinine decision. If getting back into contention with the current core was the goal of their "re-tool", then they should of taken the three most-sure fire NHL players available, even if the upside of those three players was more limited than the guys they took.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I don't lay any blame on this kid's performance based on where he was picked.

Not his fault he hasn't matched the type of player he should be according to his draft position, I hope he gets a chance to show he can stay in the NHL in the future no matter what happens from here on out.

Reactions: Alan Ryan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad