Zach Redmond - UFA

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Hopefully we can re-sign him even if it's just as the 7th D.

Not sure it's in his best interests though. Especially as I consider him, Postma, and Pardy all as 7th D candidates. I'm not really sure any of them have really differentiated themselves from the pack and I don't really know if I want any of them with a regular roster spot next year.

Call me crazy, but I actually like Clitsome (especially as a good PKer) more than that trifecta and I know I'm in the small minority with that opinion.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
If we could trade Clitsome for anything I would pull the trigger,he's on a bad contract and he's not very good

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Hopefully we can re-sign him even if it's just as the 7th D.

Not sure it's in his best interests though. Especially as I consider him, Postma, and Pardy all as 7th D candidates. I'm not really sure any of them have really differentiated themselves from the pack and I don't really know if I want any of them with a regular roster spot next year.

Call me crazy, but I actually like Clitsome (especially as a good PKer) more than that trifecta and I know I'm in the small minority with that opinion.

i generally do as well. The biggest issues with clitsom and stuart has just been the lack of better defenders ahead of them

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
If we could trade Clitsome for anything I would pull the trigger,he's on a bad contract and he's not very good

I think they way TNSE looked at it when they signed Clitty is that if Redmond and Postma work out then all they have to do is send him down on waivers to help out the Ice Caps and if someone claims him, well they don't really lose anything as that is how they got him in the first place.. Measnwhile letting Red and Postma develop in the A.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
He was doing great in the 2nd half of the lockout-shortened 2012-2013 season. But he was an absolute disaster in the 2013-2014 season, probably playing hurt. For the sake of the Jets, I hope that the season-ending injury fixes Clitsome's playing problems, and that he bounces back to his 2012-2013 form next season.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
He was doing great in the 2nd half of the lockout-shortened 2012-2013 season. But he was an absolute disaster in the 2013-2014 season, probably playing hurt. For the sake of the Jets, I hope that the season-ending injury fixes Clitsome's playing problems, and that he bounces back to his 2012-2013 form next season.

Me too, but realistically I look at him as no more than a #5 or #6, so he's a replaceable part if he comes up lame. My only concern is the money we're paying him, but it's only around 2mil for two more seasons, so that's not the worst in the world either.

GoldenJet89

Feb 4, 2012
Redmond has looked really good to me since he has drawn back in.

Plays well in his own end, makes great passes out of zone, and seems to have a knack of where to be and when to pinch when we're on the attack

If I had to pick between Postma and Redmond = Redmond wins IMO

If we can pick up a second pairing LHD i'd be comfortable with having Redmond and Stu as our bottom pairing

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Redmond has looked really good to me since he has drawn back in.

Plays well in his own end, makes great passes out of zone, and seems to have a knack of where to be and when to pinch when we're on the attack

If I had to pick between Postma and Redmond = Redmond wins IMO

If we can pick up a second pairing LHD i'd be comfortable with having Redmond and Stu as our bottom pairing
I have never been high on Postma but since his return he has been really good.He is such a good skater and is starting to learn how to use his speed properly.Its like something just clicked for him.I think he is barely ahead of Redmond because of his skating ability.

AriIQ

Jan 21, 2013
Winnipeg
I have never been high on Postma but since his return he has been really good.He is such a good skater and is starting to learn how to use his speed properly.Its like something just clicked for him.I think he is barely ahead of Redmond because of his skating ability.

Toby Enstrom does that to people.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Redmond hasn't exactly blown me away, still think he's behind the other bottom pairing guys in Ellerby, Pardy, Clitsome and even Postma. Size wise they all have an advantage over him. He tends to over handle the puck at times and does get lost in his own end quite a bit. On the plus he is a good passer and is pretty tenacious.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Wish we could have kept him, but he made the right move for his career. Good luck to him.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Should have traded him when he still had value. Now he's with a division rival... ugh. Good luck Redmond. We will miss you.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I'm going to add this to the Chevy sucks pile. It's starting to look a little bigger than the Chevy has any idea what he's doing pile.

Do we have someone who's a better fit for #3RHD? Sometimes the funny-smelling smoke makes me forget things, but I don't think we do. Sure isn't Postma, anyway.

Well done, Colorado.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'm going to add this to the Chevy sucks pile. It's starting to look a little bigger than the Chevy has any idea what he's doing pile.

Do we have someone who's a better fit for #3RHD? Sometimes the funny-smelling smoke makes me forget things, but I don't think we do. Sure isn't Postma, anyway.

Well done, Colorado.

Byfuglien, Bogosian, Trouba, arguably Postma, we have an abundance of RHD.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Byfuglien, Bogosian, Trouba, arguably Postma, we have an abundance of RHD.

Redmond>>>Postma. He's got a big point shot and I'm not sure what else. Buffy's a RW now by all indications, no matter what you, I or he hopes. Besides, what use is Bogo, Buff or Trouba as a 3rd pairing guy?

As near as I can tell, my question still stands.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Redmond>>>Postma. He's got a big point shot and I'm not sure what else. Buffy's a RW now by all indications, no matter what you, I or he hopes. Besides, what use is Bogo, Buff or Trouba as a 3rd pairing guy?

As near as I can tell, my question still stands.

What has Redmond done to get all this love? He's not a superior player to Postma in the A, and I don't see how he has higher potential.

At best, he's slightly better. So we lost a bottom pairing D-man. Meh.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Redmond has a ton of talent but tended to throw the puck away with regularity at the AHL level; he makes some questionable decisions with the puck. Am aware he has several fans on this board but if the Jets felt he had a future here then they would have retained him. Good luck to him in Colorado.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
What has Redmond done to get all this love? He's not a superior player to Postma in the A, and I don't see how he has higher potential.

At best, he's slightly better. So we lost a bottom pairing D-man. Meh.

He's right though, IMO. I'd chose Redmond over Postma.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
He's right though, IMO. I'd chose Redmond over Postma.

Maybe. It's not like one of them is a world beater and the other is scum though. I think Postma has more potential, simply because I think he's better when he's skating.

Either way, we weren't gonna be able to guarantee Redmond a place in the NHL, so I'm okay with him getting a shot where he should have a roster spot open. I hope he does well.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Good luck to Reds in the future. We have a wealth of RHD right now, and he unfortunately couldn't crack the lineup full time.

Enstrom - Bogo
???? - Trouba
Stuart - Pardy

Clitsome, Postma remain the ones to slot in. Chances are Stuart or Clitsome slide in beside Trouba, though I'd love it if Morrissey could grab that ring and bite it. I don't want a Clitsome - Bogo pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad