Zach Redmond - UFA

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
Zach Redmond is in the prime of his career (he's 26); we need to quit treating him like he has more upside than what he is right now; which is a depth/AHL defenceman. Postma is the better player, and younger.

Agreed but that should.'t have stopped us from exchanging equivalent prospects for depth, even not only for the A in the likes of a LHD if nothing else, or even a forward. It's not as if we have an abundance of quality players such as him in our system. The A is full of 25 and above players filling their rosters. But I guess there's nothing wrong with allowing him the chance to cracking another lineup if he wasn't destined to with the Jets? Something tells me though that the Jets didn't do all they could to maximize a return for this asset... I mean this is the ONLY legitimate asset we've possibly had to fetch some kind of return for in the franchises existence and we get nothing!

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Agreed but that should.'t have stopped us from exchanging equivalent prospects for depth, even not only for the A in the likes of a LHD if nothing else, or even a forward. It's not as if we have an abundance of quality players such as him in our system. The A is full of 25 and above players filling their rosters. But I guess there's nothing wrong with allowing him the chance to cracking another lineup if he wasn't destined to with the Jets? Something tells me though that the Jets didn't do all they could to maximize a return for this asset... I mean this is the ONLY legitimate asset we've possibly had to fetch some kind of return for in the franchises existence and we get nothing!

Again. You are our GM. Trade deadline is looming, and quality players are being traded for low value. It's obvious that rentals do not have high value this year.

Now, what do you offer for Taylor Fedun?

AriIQ

Jan 21, 2013
Winnipeg

Zach Redmond was a 25 year old UFA AHL defenceman who had played something like 9 total NHL games by the trade deadline. I am really struggling to see any value.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
IMO, Redmond shouldn't have been in the AHL in 2012-2013 and definitely not in 2013-2014. You can't blame him for being upset at not being given a chance. The truth is we ended up signing/claiming scrubs like Pardy/Ellerby/Clitsome/Meech when we had young guys on the farm in Redmond/Postma/Kulda that could have done as good a job.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
IMO, Redmond shouldn't have been in the AHL in 2012-2013 and definitely not in 2013-2014. You can't blame him for being upset at not being given a chance. The truth is we ended up signing/claiming scrubs like Pardy/Ellerby/Clitsome/Meech when we had young guys on the farm in Redmond/Postma/Kulda that could have done as good a job.

Notice anything in common within the bolded text? They all shoot left. Zach couldn't crack the right side depth chart.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I still see Zach beating the odds. I hope he gets a good opportunity with the Avs.

I hope he does as well. I hope the Avs crash and burn and regress horribly but Zach Redmond ends up being one of their only bright spots. That would make me happy.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Last night I was at the Bell centre watching our Habs play the Avs (formally known as les Nordiques for those who don't know). Much to my surprise I saw one Avs player #22 skating around with the name Redmond on his back. Before googling online to discover he was let go as a FA, I thought he was with the Jets. From what I was seeing he play's strong. You guys are missing out on a great defenseman.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Last night I was at the Bell centre watching our Habs play the Avs (formally known as les Nordiques for those who don't know). Much to my surprise I saw one Avs player #22 skating around with the name Redmond on his back. Before googling online to discover he was let go as a FA, I thought he was with the Jets. From what I was seeing he play's strong. You guys are missing out on a great defenseman.

He's not as strong as the players ahead of him on the depth chart so I don't think it's going to be too bad with him not on the team. You have to be careful with pre-season performances.

NBjet

May 24, 2014

I for one was sad to see him go... I think that he has real potential.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I agree. They had a lot of defensemen and I don't think they made the right choice by letting him walk and re-signing Pardy and Ellerby.

I was going to go to that game but I got caught in gridlock and was too tired after driving from Nova Scotia... really wanted to experience the Bell Centre.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I agree. They had a lot of defensemen and I don't think they made the right choice by letting him walk and re-signing Pardy and Ellerby.

I was going to go to that game but I got caught in gridlock and was too tired after driving from Nova Scotia... really wanted to experience the Bell Centre.

Sure will be nice to watch Redmond win a cup with the Avs. Will be so nice to know we once had a chance to sign this guy, but gambled on proven vets instead:sarcasm:

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Sure will be nice to watch Redmond win a cup with the Avs. Will be so nice to know we once had a chance to sign this guy, but gambled on proven vets instead:sarcasm:

If you think the Avs are soon winning the cup with Redmond as a regular player you're in for a rude awakening this season.

I doubt Colorado even makes the playoffs this year.

Then there's the other young D men the Avs have in the system (or ones they may sign in FA) and I doubt Redmond is much of a long term answer for the Avs.

Derfel*

Redmond wanted more money and more ice-time than the Jets thought he was worth. The Avs disagreed and signed him. I think Redmond is a good player, but not a great player. We'll see how he fits with the Avs.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
The Avs just re-signed Brad Stuart, paying him $7M over the next two years. I'm not too jealous of their management right now.

Do you mean to tell me going from PA Parenteau to a really old Briere and from Stastny to a really old Iginla is a downgrade?!

Blasphemy!

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
The Avs just re-signed Brad Stuart, paying him $7M over the next two years. I'm not too jealous of their management right now.

This is what I imagine Sakic & Roy will be saying at the end of the year:

tumblr_mg18nauJbY1r1wdslo1_500.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad