Rumor: Zach Hyman is signing in Edmonton - Done deal per James Mirtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
eh
He's not a rush player. Any smart GM would toss any numbers about him on the rush in the garbage. His job is to be hard on the boards and come out with the puck. It's up to McDavid to finish or score on the rush.

Very curious to see who the Leafs acquire to replace what he does.
ehh, not sure they can reasonably do that, he's a pretty unique player and we had a fantastic value for a few years. I can't think of any UFA we can grab that is so strong on the boards.... obviously would love Landeskog but can't imagine we're gonna toss 9m at him.

Reactions: ToneDog

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
8 years and hardly any money savings for a 1 legged player is very very risky. I hope he's healthy.

I like Hyman as much as the next person but good lord... that is so some serious desperation to get him signed.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Hilarious that Dubas sticks to his guns and doesn't over pay Hyman on a too long of a deal and he still doesn't get credit.

People on this board are clearly just picking a side and it's BS.

Call it like it is, he made a good decision here.

Call him out on bad decisions and good decisions. It's total BS to take every good decision and crap on it.

It’s not a decision when he has no decision to make. When he has had options on contract negotiations, he has failed miserably

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
what might the fallout be for your hardest working player to leave ?

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
It’s not a decision when he has no decision to make. When he has had options on contract negotiations, he has failed miserably

He could have made the decision to pay Hyman 5M, Hyman would have probably signed if it was offered here. Instead he gives his 5M UFA contracts to players like Brodie.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
What an albatross of a contract that is going to be. Reading the EDM boards is good for a laugh. A lot of them are doom and gloom but then there are those that are trying to rationalize this praying it won't be Clarkson 2.0. Getting a pick out of this would be the icing on the cake.

Brutal deal.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

And I posted in the other free agent thread but I can't believe leafs were entertaining 8 years. Dubas does some good stuff but that would of been a terrible contract. I don't give a shit if it was only 4 even... you can't give that guy 8 years.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

And I posted in the other free agent thread but I can't believe leafs were entertaining 8 years. Dubas does some good stuff but that would of been a terrible contract. I don't give a shit if it was only 4 even... you can't give that guy 8 years.

I think it was under 4M --- probably closer to 3.5M. I think it's fine going super long-term if the cap hit is significantly low... but Oilers gave him around 2M more per year. I don't blame Hyman here.

Reactions: Burnie97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad