Zach Hyman appreciation thread

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I think the main difference in Hymans perception this year is that he’s not playing with a golden boy. HF already knows Tavares is elite so we don’t need to try and pas his stats to prove it. Last 2yrs posters wanted to pad Matthews stats to prove a point to the main boards. It was so annoying reading about it in every thread. Really glad that era is over.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Time for this bump big time!!!

This guy is mark stone with less scoring everyday. How many players forcheck better than Hyman wow.

He keeps so many plays alive and possession 200 feet away from our zone shift after shift. Beats icings, physical and clean

Damn has Babcock ever created a great grinder with some scoring to him.

:bb:

RLF

May 5, 2014
5v5 adjusted
Tavares GF% without Hyman 56.7%
Hyman GF% without Tavares 25.8%

nuff said

Not without context.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Duffman955

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
He has been somewhat physical but other than than pretty much invisible recently. Haven't seen him protecting or creating space . Bump down

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
This guy is showing his worth this series (did it last playoffs too) despite scoring no points. Wins every battle, competes, hits, defense, shows heart. He knows his role and he plays it every game consistently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wafflewhipper

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Glad someone bumped this. There are playoff performers and regular season performers and we can all see right now which players step up. Hyman was torched on these boards and so was Babs for playing him so much but I guess we see why...he’s a postseason warrior and we need more Hymans on this team, not less.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Glad someone bumped this. There are playoff performers and regular season performers and we can all see right now which players step up. Hyman was torched on these boards and so was Babs for playing him so much but I guess we see why...he’s a postseason warrior and we need more Hymans on this team, not less.

I think this pedigree is being instilled in all babs players a bit at a time. He will prod and encourage the right things to in players that want to win.

Its coning nicely so far this playoff. I'm liking what i see from Johnsson and Kappy too, they look ready to battle and are working their arses off every shift.

Hyman is another level more of consistency above alot of players but on a league wide scale.

He is a great leader in that regard. The players see it

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Keefe likes Hyman

21:47 on Thursday
21:02 on Saturday

Maybe even more than Babcock

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Here’s some appreciation

Z is for zest and zeal he brings

A is for the A effort he possesses

C is for the cunning drive he exhibits

H is for the hate he gets from some fans

Zach Attack is Back on Track no more Flack from the Anti Zach Pack and get your hands off of my stack , Jack Shack

Last edited:
Reactions: saltming and rubous

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Here’s some appreciation

Z is for zest and zeal he brings

A is for the A effort he possesses

C is for the cunning drive he exhibits

H is for the hate he gets from some fans

Zach Attack is Back on Track no more Flack from the Anti Zach Pack and get your hands off of my stack , Jack
beautiful....

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I've always liked his style, you need a few guys like him on your wing. Most importantly, he has remained poised. He throws checks and takes checks, that's a function of his digging out the puck and battling in the corners. What's important, he doesn't lose his cool and retaliate (most of the time) when it gets a little rough. Someone Kadri could have learned from...

As a bonus, he's also a sniper when the other team pulls their goalie :nod:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
It's hard not to love an NHL player who writes stories for children.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad