Zach Hyman appreciation thread

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Lol.
I love Hyman, but not a chance.
Well Hyman just had 2 more goals while Nylander went pointless once again. So now Hyman has more Points since Nylander returned while playing 10 less games and making way less Money than Nylander.

Hyman might not have the skill or pretty boy looks like Nylander, but he's making up for it by playing every game with grit, heart and soul, something Nylander is clearly lacking...

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Well Hyman just had 2 more goals while Nylander went pointless once again. So now Hyman has more Points since Nylander returned while playing 10 less games and making way less Money than Nylander.

Hyman might not have the skill or pretty boy looks like Nylander, but he's making up for it by playing every game with grit, heart and soul, something Nylander is clearly lacking...
Wrong again.
Nylander has been our best player the last month or so. He has 12 points in 16 games. Based on his performance, he is working hard and producing. Pretty boy is playing with heart and skill.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
If Nylander is so good why is Babcock playing Hyman 2 minutes more per game than Nylander?
If Kadri is so good, why is Marleau playing more then him?
Babcock is one of the worst coaches when it comes to time on ice, you shouldn't be using it as an argument.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
12 pts in his last 18 games..thats a 54-55pt pace, not exactly awe inspiring.

Hyman 13 pts in last 18 games.

Thats all
12 points in 16 games actually, 62 point pace. 12 in 13 games before the last 3 games, 76 point pace.
Fantastic

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Wrong again.
Nylander has been our best player the last month or so. He has 12 points in 16 games. Based on his performance, he is working hard and producing. Pretty boy is playing with heart and skill.
Lol Marner has been our best player by a long way. 19 points in the last 16 games and may I suggest you count again as Nylander has 9 points in his last 16 games

Just an FYI Hyman has 13 points in his last 16 games.

Reactions: Notsince67

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
12 points in 16 games actually, 62 point pace. 12 in 13 games before the last 3 games, 76 point pace.
Fantastic
So wrong it is laughable he is no where near a 76 pt pace using those games. He is far below that. 9 points in his last 16 games in his last 13 games he has 9 pts. That is a 56 point pace if you remove the last 3 games

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
If Kadri is so good, why is Marleau playing more then him?
Babcock is one of the worst coaches when it comes to time on ice, you shouldn't be using it as an argument.
But Kadri is a 3rd line center that plays behind Matthews and Tavares. There won't be that much icetime left for him. Wingers are moved up and down the line up more, with more or less icetime as a result. And Marleau as a all time great winger with over 1100 career Points and 500+ goals will get some extra icetime because of reputation too. You never know when a guy like Marleau might bounce back and have a good game. So there's always that excuse to play him more.

I think Babcock is a great coach and he clearly sees more value in Hyman than in Nylander. Hyman has that work ethic and intensity that so many other players lack.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
getting 20 goals with no PP time will be a legit accomplishment. he's playing great.

Reactions: bikemike66

RLF

May 5, 2014
Honestly why compare Nylander and Hyman. Put Nylander with Marner and Tavares and I would expect his points to explode.

He is currently stapled with an offensive blackhole in Brown.

Insert Hyman's name and that was the issue for the past two seasons apparently. Matthews played with Marleau a lot this year and still produced while getting tougher matchups. Not knocking Willy, but he is also responsible for his own production.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Fantastic
Hyman two goals in his last one games, so 164 goal pace. Not bad.

Do you see the flaw in selective data spans?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Hyman two goals in his last one games, so 164 goal pace. Not bad.

Do you see the flaw in selective data spans?
He was using made up stats. Nylander has 9 points in his last 16 games not 12 like he posted. Now if we ignore the last 3 games he had the same 9 points in 13 games.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
He was using made up stats. Nylander has 9 points in his last 16 games not 12 like he posted. Now if we ignore the last 3 games he had the same 9 points in 13 games.
Selecting a particular stretch of games is bad enough, although everyone does it. Making up numbers is only good if you work for the government.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Selecting a particular stretch of games is bad enough, although everyone does it. Making up numbers is only good if you work for the government.
Yes. It is such an easy thing to check. I knew it was bs as soon as I read it. Hell I knew that Nylander only had 16 points all season so no way in hell he had 12 in the last 13 or 16 games.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I gotta say I was one of the posters here critical of Hyman being attached to Matthews' hip the past 2 years, but this year he has taken a big step forward in terms of his development and is now a beast.

He no longer just dumps the puck into the corner and chases after it, he's looking to makes plays for his linemates and get to the net. Mitch has seemed to find chemistry with him and sets him up for some tap-ins and to his credit, Hyman hasn't missed many.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Hyman's been great. No problem eating crow on this. He's producing at a great rate - no longer muffing up every scoring chance.

I do think he's a much better fit on on this tavares line than he ever was with matthews - the tavares-marner pairing needs Hyman's speed and netfront action much more than the matthews-willy pairing ever did.

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
Hyman's been great. No problem eating crow on this. He's producing at a great rate - no longer muffing up every scoring chance.

I do think he's a much better fit on on this tavares line than he ever was with matthews - the tavares-marner pairing needs Hyman's speed and netfront action much more than the matthews-willy pairing ever did.

For sure but i do think that Matthews line could use a Hyman type player...Reason being is that you probably notice too but Johnsson just doesn't win as many battles for that Matthews line and the more i watch the more they could really use more offensive zone time. The only way they can do it is either magically Johnsson becomes stronger or Auston or Willy start doing more of that work..I think it puts more pressure on the other 2 though because they're still more about scoring and making plays rather than being first to the puck and then making plays. A Hyman strength guy with some better playmaking ability would be amazing but not sure we have that..Moore has potential though, i think he might be a bit stronger than Johnsson and just as hard working from what i can tell.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
For sure but i do think that Matthews line could use a Hyman type player...Reason being is that you probably notice too but Johnsson just doesn't win as many battles for that Matthews line and the more i watch the more they could really use more offensive zone time. The only way they can do it is either magically Johnsson becomes stronger or Auston or Willy start doing more of that work..I think it puts more pressure on the other 2 though because they're still more about scoring and making plays rather than being first to the puck and then making plays. A Hyman strength guy with some better playmaking ability would be amazing but not sure we have that..Moore has potential though, i think he might be a bit stronger than Johnsson and just as hard working from what i can tell.

nah AJ is a perfect fit imo. does a bit of everything and can create on his own. Auston and Willy are great on the boards already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad