213. Nylander
224. Backstrom
230. Forsberg
6X31=186
Spot on

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Last year Hyman produced offensively 5v5, as he got no pp time, equal to guys like Oshie. His production is top 6 equivalent.
Secondly Hyman plays a role on his line and does it extremely well.
No he doesn't!

Watch him out there. Look at the number of opportunities he blows in the offensive zone. Watch him misplay the puck, miss the net or shoot the puck right into the goalies chest when he has a glorious chance.

He's probably the most frustrating player I've seen since we had to watch Joey Crabb play with Kessel.

Amazed that there are still people who don't appreciate what Hyman brings.

I don't appreciate watching a player constantly pull down his linemates. It's not his fault that he's played in a top 6 role, but this is the result of Babcock's unwarranted infatuation with him.

He did the same thing in Detroit with plugs like Dan Cleary, Brett Lebda and others over the years. Hyman is just his newest love affair.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
No he doesn't!

Watch him out there. Look at the number of opportunities he blows in the offensive zone. Watch him misplay the puck, miss the net or shoot the puck right into the goalies chest when he has a glorious chance.

He's probably the most frustrating player I've seen since we had to watch Joey Crabb play with Kessel.

I don't appreciate watching a player constantly pull down his linemates. It's not his fault that he's played in a top 6 role, but this is the result of Babcock's unwarranted infatuation with him.

He did the same thing in Detroit with plugs like Dan Cleary, Brett Lebda and others over the years. Hyman is just his newest love affair.
The number disagree with you

Reactions: stickty111

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
why should I. You are the one stated an opinion with no facts. Show me the data he helps that line.
It's really not that hard to look up if you're talking about the stats comment he had.

Hyman had 38 EVP last year. That ties him for 88th in the league.

He was tied with guys like Zetterberg, Perry, Killorn, Marleau and Riley Nash.
He had 1 more EVP than guys like Couture, Johansen and Craig Smith
He had 1 less EVP than guys like Williams and Laine.
He had 2 less EVP than guys like Brassard, Skinner, Debrincat, Toews, JT Miller, Lee and Bailey.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

He's not pulling down anyone.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
i'm still amazed people believe he should play 20 mins on a top line , shocked actually
I'm amazed people can't look at the context of the minutes still.

5 on 5 minutes

Tavares 16:42
Hyman 16:12
Marner 16:06

It's as if they're on the same line, isn't that weird?

PK minutes

Hyman 4:00
Marner 1:45
Tavares 0:42

Strange, he seems to be getting a lot of PK minutes. Damn you again Babcock!

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I'm amazed people can't look at the context of the minutes still.

5 on 5 minutes

Tavares 16:42
Hyman 16:12
Marner 16:06

It's as if they're on the same line, isn't that weird?

PK minutes

Hyman 4:00
Marner 1:45
Tavares 0:42

Strange, he seems to be getting a lot of PK minutes. Damn you again Babcock!
and now he's also getting a couple of mins on the pp , 22 mins for the great Zach Hyman lol

but i will apologize for constantly forgetting the rule that lines have to be set the entire game and that's why Hyman gets the exact same even strength ice time as JT

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
and now he's also getting a couple of mins on the pp , 22 mins for the great Zach Hyman lol

but i will apologize for constantly forgetting the rule that lines have to be set the entire game and that's why Hyman gets the exact same even strength ice time as JT
Doesn't it make sense that linemates have roughly the same amount of minutes? Doesn't mean that Hyman is a superstar first liner. He's put in that role that he does and he is in a set line.
It's quite easy to understand I'm not sure why you're so angry about it.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Doesn't it make sense that linemates have roughly the same amount of minutes? Doesn't mean that Hyman is a superstar first liner. He's put in that role that he does and he is in a set line.
It's quite easy to understand I'm not sure why you're so angry about it.
hey if you believe Hyman should play the mins he does who am i to say you're wrong

there must also have been a few fans who also believed a washed up Cleary and and unskilled Abdelker/Glendening also deserved the mins they got in Det

Knightnight

Mar 18, 2014
6X31=186
Spot on

Yeah except he averages 2nd most icetime on team last year for forwards. If he was playing bottom 6 minutes without one of the most prolific scorers in the league last year he would be in the bottom 50. 34 and 29 inflated his numbers period

Reactions: hotpaws

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Hyman has a role and he knows it. Nobody is saying he's a superstar but Hyman compliments the top lines and for some reason people don't like that.
People don't like it because he doesn't actually compliment them. His mediocre stats are a result of his star linemates, not the other way around.

Look at Kasperi Kapanen. He has taken a spot in the top 6 and has been very productive with his time. He is a skilled player and does everything Hyman did and more. He struggled offensively in the bottom 6, but has enough skill to take advantage of playing with good linemates. Kappy's putting up numbers Hyman has never been able to while playing the same role.

That's why Hyman is so frustrating to watch. You see guys with actual offensive talent flourish playing with these stars, while Hyman continues to be mediocre at best.

Reactions: nofehr and hotpaws

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
People don't like it because he doesn't actually compliment them. His mediocre stats are a result of his star linemates, not the other way around.

Look at Kasperi Kapanen. He has taken a spot in the top 6 and has been very productive with his time. He is a skilled player and does everything Hyman did and more. He struggled offensively in the bottom 6, but has enough skill to take advantage of playing with good linemates. Kappy's putting up numbers Hyman has never been able to while playing the same role.

That's why Hyman is so frustrating to watch. You see guys with actual offensive talent flourish playing with these stars, while Hyman continues to be mediocre at best.

But on the Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen unit, Kapanen was replacing Nylander's skill role.. Marleau would compare to Hyman but obviously he doesn't bring the same crash and bang hustle.

Reactions: saltming

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
He's not pulling down anyone.
You don't believe Marner and Tavares would be more productive playing with a more offensively talented player? How does this guy have 1 goal while playing 14 games with Mitch Marner and John Tavares this season? And the goal he scored was with 20 seconds left in the game and kicked in by the opposing player.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Yeah except he averages 2nd most icetime on team last year for forwards. If he was playing bottom 6 minutes without one of the most prolific scorers in the league last year he would be in the bottom 50. 34 and 29 inflated his numbers period
So your initial argument was wrong and now you nitpick?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
You don't believe Marner and Tavares would be more productive playing with a more offensively talented player? How does this guy have 1 goal while playing 14 games with Mitch Marner and John Tavares this season? And the goal he scored was with 20 seconds left in the game and kicked in by the opposing player.
this is where Saltming arrives and argues for years there's no way anyone could know if Marner and Tavares could be productive without the Hyman doing his thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad