Player Discussion: Zach Bogosian

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I thought he was good in his role. I'm surprised we didn't offer a mil for him. Although I'm not sold that he will be good for Toronto.

Reactions: NatoGhost

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Life is suffering. Well I guess we sign Rutta and hope he gets back to the form he was in before the injury.

copperlion

Aug 6, 2019
This sucks. But its a good opportunity for Foote or Schenn to slot into the lineup. Would be awesome to see Schenn turn his career around in Tampa

Reactions: CupsOverCash

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
For 1 million? Hard to believe Tampa wouldn't at least match that as it's less than I thought he'd get. I guess Sergachev is moving to the right and Tampa is going to roll Hedman-Serg, McD-Foote/Cernak, Coburn-Foote/Cernak, with Schenn as the #7 unless they re-sign Rutta?? They could also try to maybe re-sign Koekkoek for right side help perhaps. Not liking these turn of events though.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Bogo is probably gonna revert back to a pumpkin now that he's not playing next to Hedman.

Wouldn't be surprised. Toronto's d has some structural/system issues not just personnel. I'm curious how he will be there. If I had a bet he won't be as good as he was here. It's still decent depth for them. They lacked that there the last few years. I'm not sure he is an answer more than some depth.

Reactions: DaBolts

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Schenn over Bogo see's odd now. But Maybe we offered him 900K and he took the extra money with Toronto. I wonder if we offered more term or not... would have loved a 3 year deal

Net, 900K here is more than Toronto. The taxes are murder up there.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
For 1 million? Hard to believe Tampa wouldn't at least match that as it's less than I thought he'd get. I guess Sergachev is moving to the right and Tampa is going to roll Hedman-Serg, McD-Foote/Cernak, Coburn-Foote/Cernak, with Schenn as the #7 unless they re-sign Rutta?? They could also try to maybe re-sign Koekkoek for right side help perhaps. Not liking these turn of events though.

I'm wondering if we put Foote with Coburn on the 3rd pair, or go with 11-7 for a bit and have Schenn as the 7

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
I wouldn’t be surprised if we did offer something similar but he just wanted to play for the leafs. Their fans would never admit it but they have the biggest advantage in getting free agents in the league by far.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we did offer something similar but he just wanted to play for the leafs. Their fans would never admit it but they have the biggest advantage in getting free agents in the league by far.
I guess, if the Lightning even offered him anything it's hard to think he'd leave a great chance to repeat for a 1st round exit over 100k or so(much less after taxes). Plus up there he's going to be a 6/7 where down here he'd likely pair with Hedman. I'm thinking they didnt even offer.

Reactions: RedRaider

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Why schenn over bogo? That is dumb

Came to ask that question myself. Saw both Bogosian and Schenn as viable bargain targets for Toronto but was surprised to see Schenn was re-signed right away, while Bogosian was allowed to walk. Always thought Bogosian was a little better in Tampa? Did the extra $200K make that big of a difference?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
He sat in four of the six finals games, going -1 in 29:45 in that series.

He was a necessary fill-in while Rutta was hurt, but he's only marginally above replacement level. There are plenty of spare parts out there that can give us roughly what he did.
I don't want Rutta back, but we still need someone to play with Hedman. It seems like its a revolving door for that spot. While Hedman can play with anyone and makes everyone he plays with so much better, it would be nice to have some consistency for the guy for once.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I'm wondering if we put Foote with Coburn on the 3rd pair, or go with 11-7 for a bit and have Schenn as the 7
Yeah, Coburn with Foote on the 3rd pair seems likely. I wouldn't mind bringing Koekkoek back if he's willing. He was pretty solid with Chicago after he was traded.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
I don't want Rutta back, but we still need someone to play with Hedman. It seems like its a revolving door for that spot. While Hedman can play with anyone and makes everyone he plays with so much better, it would be nice to have some consistency for the guy for once.

We're not bringing Rutta back unless he takes another pay cut. If he does, I'm fine with him. Perfectly serviceable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad