Player Discussion: Zach Bogosian

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I think Bogo is a fine pickup. He's not to be counted on as a regular but he'll be a serviceable Black Ace, and Tampa is going deep in the playoffs.

Reactions: Zwui21

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

I would like to provide some comparision to BoGo's heavy shot hitting Point in the Nads.

Shea Weber list
  • March 25, 2009 - David Legwand broken cheekbone
  • March 28, 2009 - Martin Erat broken leg
  • Dec. 14, 2009 - Jordin Tootoo broken foot
  • Feb. 23, 2010 - Germany's net
  • April 7, 2010 - Patric Hornqvist
  • Oct. 30, 2010 - Chris Osgood damaged mask
  • Feb. 5, 2014 - David Poile injured eye
  • Feb. 15, 2014 - Patrice Bergeron shot to the gut
  • March 10, 2014 - Cody Ceci head injury
  • Aug. 21, 2014 - Rink's boards
  • Nov. 28, 2014 - Matt Hendricks knee
  • Feb. 12, 2015 - Tyler Myers injured knee
  • (Unconfirmed) Feb. 21, 2015 - Knocked out girl's wisdom teeth
  • Jan. 26, 2016 - Eric Nystrom broken foot
  • March 2, 2016 - Kari Lehtonen groin
  • April 19, 2016 - Frederik Andersen mask
  • May 2, 2016 - Marc-Edouard Vlasic's forehead
  • Oct. 24, 2016 - Brayden Schenn's stick
  • Nov. 13, 2016 - Max Pacioretty's face
  • Jan. 3, 2017 - Pacioretty's leg
That Feb 5 2014 shot actually blinded David Poile the GM in that eye. If it had been a Weber slapper Point took there it would have ripped his entire sack off. Weber has also been very inaccurate with his slapper just as BoGo is but if BoGo was just as accurate with that shot he would have never been bought out. Also notice who paid the biggest price for those slapper it was Predator players Legwand, Erat, Tootoo Hornqvist, Hendricks, Nystrom all were Preds when Weber injured them.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
He seemed fine for the 3 to 5 games he's going to probably play.

Besides, last night was the first meaningful game he has played, in what, 4+ weeks?...no. 4+ months?...no. 4+ years?... yeah (or whenever it was the last time Buffalo played NHL level hockey)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He seemed fine for the 3 to 5 games he's going to probably play.

Besides, last night was the first meaningful game he has played, in what, 4+ weeks?...no. 4+ months?...no. 4+ years?... yeah (or whenever it was the last time Buffalo played NHL level hockey)

Says a lot about a guy who can't crack a full time role in Buffalo, if anything he came out rested last night and wasn't impressive, very slow at making puck decisions and then makes a bad one at that. He's got a huge bomb but did 1 even make it on net? If he took out Point that would've been our season out the window.

Reactions: Byrddog

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I dont know I feel like he wont be that big of an add for us but at the same time, its his first game with us. Maybe need to give him a few games before completely judging him. I think hes also played only 15 games or something I heard them say? Also had the hip surgery over the offseason. Im hopeful he can be a decent player but not going to hold my breath.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I dont know I feel like he wont be that big of an add for us but at the same time, its his first game with us. Maybe need to give him a few games before completely judging him. I think hes also played only 15 games or something I heard them say? Also had the hip surgery over the offseason. Im hopeful he can be a decent player but not going to hold my breath.
"Maybe that guy who was never good will be good if we play him more" is not a take I would spend too much effort defending.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
"Maybe that guy who was never good will be good if we play him more" is not a take I would spend too much effort defending.

Im not saying he is going to be good if we play him more. Im just saying we should play him more because we picked him up and plan on using him in maybe more than an emergency situation. Not a bad idea that he gets used to the system and other players. Also I cant say for sure he is going to suck with us after just 1 game. Yea he hasnt been good in the past but I remember Girardi being killed by rangers fans and then came here and wasnt that bad for us. Change is scenery can help a player. Hence why we took a chance on the former top 5 pick. If we dont play him, what the hell was the point in picking him up?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Im not saying he is going to be good if we play him more. Im just saying we should play him more because we picked him up and plan on using him in maybe more than an emergency situation. Not a bad idea that he gets used to the system and other players. Also I cant say for sure he is going to suck with us after just 1 game. Yea he hasnt been good in the past but I remember Girardi being killed by rangers fans and then came here and wasnt that bad for us. Change is scenery can help a player. Hence why we took a chance on the former top 5 pick. If we dont play him, what the hell was the point in picking him up?
To hold the fort until our injured D corps get healthy. He has no spot in our top 6.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Sabres fan here. Bogosian is not going to get better. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. He simply sucks at hockey, and when he's not sucking at hockey he's hurt.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

BIG difference, Rangers fans had a vendetta against Girardi who at one point was a solid #2 but was continued to be used there past his prime, he had good underlying numbers, it was clear he was misused at the end of his tenure in NY. Bogosian was never good, has no such numbers and just sucks, he was supposed to be an offensive defenseman but his skills never translated to the NHL, he was never good defensively and when you're an offensive defenseman who produces 10-20 points a year with a bad defensive game you can see why he fell out of favor quickly.

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
BIG difference, Rangers fans had a vendetta against Girardi who at one point was a solid #2 but was continued to be used there past his prime, he had good underlying numbers, it was clear he was misused at the end of his tenure in NY. Bogosian was never good, has no such numbers and just sucks, he was supposed to be an offensive defenseman but his skills never translated to the NHL, he was never good defensively and when you're an offensive defenseman who produces 10-20 points a year with a bad defensive game you can see why he fell out of favor quickly.

Is it really that big of a difference? Girardi played on some good Ranger teams and then when they started to go downhill so did he and all I remember them saying was he is the worst D in the league congrats! Similar voices about Bogosian who Im sure isnt good but hes never been on a good team before and Im not ready to say after 1 game that he just cant help us. I mean I hightly doubt our coaches/gm is saying this too.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Is it really that big of a difference? Girardi played on some good Ranger teams and then when they started to go downhill so did he and all I remember them saying was he is the worst D in the league congrats! Similar voices about Bogosian who Im sure isnt good but hes never been on a good team before and Im not ready to say after 1 game that he just cant help us. I mean I hightly doubt our coaches/gm is saying this too.

Yes? Can you point to me at any point in his career Bogosian was a #2 defenseman like Girardi?

What did we tell MTL fans about Drouin or a ducks fans about Sustr? Or are we just a dumb bitter fanbase too?

Or Luke Schenn, not exactly proving anybody wrong either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad