Player Discussion: Zach Bogosian

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Bogo if you can read this, the story about your children running around yelling "Go Bolts!"/"Go Lightning" after finding out you signed your deal is still resonating with me. You could've gone anywhere else for twice the money. After last night I'm in love with the fact you're gonna be around just a bit longer and your children can come to love this as their home too.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
It’s especially awesome since he’s been trashed and hated on almost everywhere he went after being drafted. He came here, found his role, won the heart of the team and the fan base and I couldn’t be more happy he’s back with us. He’s a great fit to our system and style of play and brings physicality, a bomb of a shot, a big heart and a great beard to this team. Officially: welcome back Bogo!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It’s especially awesome since he’s been trashed and hated on almost everywhere he went after being drafted. He came here, found his role, won the heart of the team and the fan base and I couldn’t be more happy he’s back with us. He’s a great fit to our system and style of play and brings physicality, a bomb of a shot, a big heart and a great beard to this team. Officially: welcome back Bogo!
He was such an underrated pick up in the first Cup run. I think a lot of fans from around the league forget he was even part of it. But he was great.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Katchouk in the comments: “third overall legend”

McElhinney in the comments: “Bogo!! That’s my beer league stick right there. Works the same there also ”

Even Coop giving him a little jab last night when asked about Perry’s scoreless streak

“Well hold on, let’s take a step back. How about the guy who scored the first goal of the game? Like that was his first goal with the Lightning. So Perry’s actually way behind Bogo. So I was more excited for him. Took him really 3 years, 2 years with us.”

Reactions: DaBolts

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015

Katchouk in the comments: “third overall legend”

McElhinney in the comments: “Bogo!! That’s my beer league stick right there. Works the same there also ”

Even Coop giving him a little jab last night when asked about Perry’s scoreless streak

“Well hold on, let’s take a step back. How about the guy who scored the first goal of the game? Like that was his first goal with the Lightning. So Perry’s actually way behind Bogo. So I was more excited for him. Took him really 3 years, 2 years with us.”

That's a fun looking clubhouse. And that means Coop isn't folding to the pressure of the moment or the injuries. This team has the potential to be special again. We just have to survive the Olympics and get in our postseason groove in March 2022.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Bogo if you can read this, the story about your children running around yelling "Go Bolts!"/"Go Lightning" after finding out you signed your deal is still resonating with me. You could've gone anywhere else for twice the money. After last night I'm in love with the fact you're gonna be around just a bit longer and your children can come to love this as their home too.

Ha, that's hilarious. Double, no way. But he does have value as depth when healthy.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Does anybody have numbers on how Bogosian and McDonagh have done as a pairing? They've looked very good to my eye. The reason I'm wondering is because I would love to give Cernak a run with Hedman when he gets back, which is doable if McDonagh and Bogo are good as a 2nd pair. Hedman-Cernak feels like an unstoppable pair in the playoffs.

Reactions: teddygmr

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Does anybody have numbers on how Bogosian and McDonagh have done as a pairing? They've looked very good to my eye. The reason I'm wondering is because I would love to give Cernak a run with Hedman when he gets back, which is doable if McDonagh and Bogo are good as a 2nd pair. Hedman-Cernak feels like an unstoppable pair in the playoffs.

They ran that last year for a bit, didn't look as good as McDonagh-Cernak and considering they're the go-to shut down pair I'm not sure the trade-off is worth it . Hedman's had a lot of blunders going back to the last half of last season, I don't think his defensive partners are really at fault here he just needs to get his head on straight.

McDonagh-Bogosian seems pretty decent but they aren't as leaned on as McD-Cernak defensively, numbers say Bogosian gets the majority of his starts with McDonagh in the offensive zone, their metrics are all generally positive but get favored zone times compared to McD-Cernak who are leaned on significantly in defensive situations.

The best bet is probably sticking Bogosian with Hedman rather than breaking up one of the leagues top defensive pairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: teddygmr

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I’m a bit disappointed, he’s been shaky out there the past few games. Oddly enough I think Foote might be the better choice for now.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Bogosian is better than Foote. He has been hit or miss since the injury but when Bogo is out there skating and trying to make things happen, I like his game. I think this is more about Foote getting some reps.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Bogo spoke to the media about how he’s struggling playing the opposite side (while McD was injured).

His play sure looked like shit, but at least he knew why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad