NESN YouTubeTV Drops NESN

Gary7704

Aug 20, 2020
I start my free trial tonight

Im tempted to subscribe to a month to see how their recording functions work. The quality is really good, I would say equal or slightly better than FuboTV, but you need a wired Ethernet connection for it to be stable. Let us know your impressions after the trial is over. I am watching the locals now and so far they are stable and look increadable.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Im tempted to subscribe to a month to see how their recording functions work. The quality is really good, I would say equal or slightly better than FuboTV, but you need a wired Ethernet connection for it to be stable. Let us know your impressions after the trial is over. I am watching the locals now and so far they are stable and look increadable.
I'm watching The Czechs on TSN,HD picture quality so far

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
If you are asking if it has NESN, yes it is listed, and NESN Plus as well. NESN plus works great, NECN comes up when I go to the NESN channel for some reason and that freezes after a few seconds.
Did you talk to tech support?

Silva

Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
Hi Alex,
This is Adryenne with the YouTube TV Team. Thanks for reaching out to us today.

I understand that you are trying to look for NESN. I understand why you may have question about this.

NESN was recently impacted by change in coverage. Even though we used to carry NESN in your location, we will no longer offer it going forward. Unfortunately after many months of negotiations YouTube TV didn't reach an agreement to continue these channels. Right now we don't have any news if the channels will be added back to our list.

I understand that these channels are important to you specially that the sports season is coming. I know that this may not fully meet what you're looking for, but I would like to ask for your permission for me to add 2 weeks worth of free time to your subscription as a courtesy to at least make up for the inconvenience that this matter has brought to you.

Sincerely.

Adryenne A.
The YouTube TV Team

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Hi Alex,
This is Adryenne with the YouTube TV Team. Thanks for reaching out to us today.

I understand that you are trying to look for NESN. I understand why you may have question about this.

NESN was recently impacted by change in coverage. Even though we used to carry NESN in your location, we will no longer offer it going forward. Unfortunately after many months of negotiations YouTube TV didn't reach an agreement to continue these channels. Right now we don't have any news if the channels will be added back to our list.

I understand that these channels are important to you specially that the sports season is coming. I know that this may not fully meet what you're looking for, but I would like to ask for your permission for me to add 2 weeks worth of free time to your subscription as a courtesy to at least make up for the inconvenience that this matter has brought to you.

Sincerely.

Adryenne A.
The YouTube TV Team
So I'm on day 2 of the Eyestream free trial,so far so good,you might want to kick the tires on it,the amount of channels is overwhelming

Silva

Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
So I'm on day 2 of the Eyestream free trial,so far so good,you might want to kick the tires on it,the amount of channels is overwhelming

How does the dvr work? Sounds like only 48 channels can be recorded? Does that mean bruins games on NESN couldn't be recorded?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
How does the dvr work? Sounds like only 48 channels can be recorded? Does that mean bruins games on NESN couldn't be recorded?
NESN can be recorded but it's limited compared to Youtube TV
I'm keeping both services for now just to be safe
Apparently Eyestream is getting updated next week so more channels will be included for DVR

Gary7704

Aug 20, 2020
NESN can be recorded but it's limited compared to Youtube TV
I'm keeping both services for now just to be safe
Apparently Eyestream is getting updated next week so more channels will be included for DVR

Are you able to get both NESN Channels?
Like I said previously, NESN plus works well but not the main channel. Just want to check before I call the guy to see if others are having the same problem. My trial period ends tonight.
Please keep us posted if they add more channels that can be recorded.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Are you able to get both NESN Channels?
Like I said previously, NESN plus works well but not the main channel. Just want to check before I call the guy to see if others are having the same problem. My trial period ends tonight.
Please keep us posted if they add more channels that can be recorded.
I let them know about NESN

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Got a three day preview of Eye Stream. It has it's problems. I don't see any DVR yet, but I just started playing with it. When I went to NESN today, NECN was playing.

If they fix the DVR, I think this is doable as I would love to tell Youtube TV to pound sand.

Gary7704

Aug 20, 2020
I am watching on a 65” LG C9 and I have to say the picture quality of the Eyestream channels seem to be better quality than YoutubeTV. Maybe because YouTubeTV is compressing for bandwidth?

Anyone else care to comment on the PQ?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I had comcast/xfinity for internet and they offered me a solid package while paying less per month than I was before. Enjoyed the functionality of YTTV, but no Bruins (in this case NESN) is a non-starter for me.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I'm interested in fubotv. Is the only benefit of eyestream vs fubo price?
I signed the dotted line for Eyestream today,price was obviously important but picture quality would have been the deal breaker if it sucked,thankfully it doesn't
Nesn,NHL Center Ice,NHL Network, TSN, hockey fans dream!
Does have some warts though,limited DVR will cause friction with the Wife...

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I just dont get the need for dvrs.
i dont even pay the extra 5 bucks for one on my service.
everything is on on demand and the sports games are all condensed on youtube 2 hours after the game.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad