NESN YouTubeTV Drops NESN

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
why didn't it work. I purchased a VPN for this very purpose. seems pretty easy to do.
I changed my VPN to different sites thought out the US and it ALWAYS told me the stream was blacked out.

I am technologically illiterate, and I just could not make it work

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I changed my VPN to different sites thought out the US and it ALWAYS told me the stream was blacked out.

I am technologically illiterate, and I just could not make it work

I haven't used it in a while, but I used to use TunnelBear for my paid NHL.tv subscription without any issues (and could watch all Bruins games while living in Boston). Can't say how effective it is now, it's been several years but it had worked for me in the past.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
There is another option for NESN

The webmaster of HF passed on the link

https://www.eyestreamtv.net/channels
I have been looking into this and it looks good. Somehow there don’t seem to be many reviews. They claim 900 streams so I am guessing it’s not as user friendly as YouTube but it might be fine for me.

I do appreciate the information.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

MrMars

May 26, 2006
I have a relative that works at NESN and she told me they started talking with YouTube again but says she hasn't heard if progress was being made,told me to have a backup plan just in case
Eyestream sounds to good to be true,wonder if they stream in HD

Based on the offerings its definitely not a licensed/legal service. Not really a legal risk for the consumer but just know service could end at any time without a refund and if you are using a Roku the second they get wind of this the channel it would be disabled (They are very strict about these services and are aggressive in removing them) Just a buyers beware / public service announcement.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Based on the offerings its definitely not a licensed/legal service. Not really a legal risk for the consumer but just know service could end at any time without a refund and if you are using a Roku the second they get wind of this the channel it would be disabled (They are very strict about these services and are aggressive in removing them) Just a buyers beware / public service announcement.
I mean I don’t think Roku would sanction there app if it wasn’t legit. It is offered on many platforms. In addition to Roku it’s available on Chrome Cast Apple TV and the other standards. I’m wondering about quality, delays and blackouts. It’s 40 per month so even though the website is second rate I believe the service is real. It must be a shockingly small company though. If you get the VIP package you can record but only on top channels and only up to 50 hours. They limit you to 5 streams which is more then the others.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I have a relative that works at NESN and she told me they started talking with YouTube again but says she hasn't heard if progress was being made,told me to have a backup plan just in case
Eyestream sounds to good to be true,wonder if they stream in HD

Great news... YouTube needs this to save itself in our region I'd imagine. If not, back to cable or seeing what Eyestream is all about.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
They claim they're paying license fees for all the channels, I worry about the quality of the stream though

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Thanks to those who are adding potential workarounds for YouTubeTVers.

Been zoned in on football recently but I need to determine what I’m going to do once hockey starts up... such a headache.

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
So wife and I currently stream and we use You Tube TV but since they dropped NESN and we have Comcast coming very soon. I checked Comcast tv lineup and I do not see NESN listed, What gives??? So if we can't get NESN through a cable carrier locally can we watch the Bruins games if we subscribe to NHL.com or NHL TV?? Or will they be blacked out???

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
So wife and I currently stream and we use You Tube TV but since they dropped NESN and we have Comcast coming very soon. I checked Comcast tv lineup and I do not see NESN listed, What gives??? So if we can't get NESN through a cable carrier locally can we watch the Bruins games if we subscribe to NHL.com or NHL TV?? Or will they be blacked out???

ALL Comcast headends in New Hampshire carry NESN on 51/851 HD

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Last night I emailed YouTube TV requesting NESN, I was expecting an auto response but to my surprise I received a well written reply.
The short version is they're trying to work something out but they've have nothing to report as of now,they are well aware how dissatisfied Hockey and Baseball fans are with this.
If you haven't reached out to them yet I would recommend so as we are running out of time but I feel we are close to a resolution, one way or another

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
No email will help.
I tried this when ls vue dropped nesn.
Got same response.
Real reason is these streaming services that have all these channels dont make enough profit. Nesn isnt worth it to them when it only gets thems bruins and red sox fans.
Especially now when nobody is really watching.
Nesn should just make a monthly streaming channel for like 5 bucks month.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
No email will help.
I tried this when ls vue dropped nesn.
Got same response.
Real reason is these streaming services that have all these channels dont make enough profit. Nesn isnt worth it to them when it only gets thems bruins and red sox fans.
Especially now when nobody is really watching.
Nesn should just make a monthly streaming channel for like 5 bucks month.

People say NESN should just make their own, but I’m not sure that economically feasible. It’s not cheap to live stream 4K video even after you have the platform built out. There is a reason that there were not a million Netflix copycats right away, and live is that much harder.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I’ve also considered being a bad person and using vpn combined with NHLTV. Ultimately I don’t think I want to live on that side of the law. :/
Mods, I know this may come off as a political statement and of course you may decide to delete it but IMO it needs to be said. So if you delete it, it will sadden me but I "get it."
Maybe I'm an old fart but REALLY? How is that making you a bad person? What happened to freedom in this society? I mean really all of these laws to make it so that you have to bend over for Comcast or whomever is disgusting, and then they make a person like you (or me) feel as though we're "living outside the law!?!? The hold that these media outlets have over this stuff is so stifling, and we just accept it.
Being in business for 28 years I'm seen it across the board, IMO the age of consumerism is dead.
Our rights come in last when it comes to facing down monopoly's etc is disheartening. We can't compete with lobbyists with their corporate bribery.
Where does it end? We can't see this or that because or laws that protect huge companies instead of our right to be able to purchase what we want, when we want, and how we want it? It seems to get worse every year.

Reactions: wintersej

Gary7704

Aug 20, 2020
There is another option for NESN

The webmaster of HF passed on the link

https://www.eyestreamtv.net/channels

I just spent the past two days checking out Eyestream TV. Their cable stations are HD quality and are solid, no freezes with a high speed wired Ethernet connection, the local stations from all over the country are sketchy, sometimes they freeze up. NESN, at least for me with a 600mps connection froze up too many times. Which is too bad, the selection of stations and movie channels was impressive for the price.
If NESN didn’t freeze up and if you were able to record the local channels, it would be a winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad