NESN YouTubeTV Drops NESN

FallsForItEveryYear

Jun 26, 2007
Nesn must be pricing themselves out. Very irritating. Guess I won't be watching this coming season unless they go back to tv soon

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yep I left PSvue when they dropped NESN and now will be dropping YTTV. Where is everyone going now?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
My first thought was, "I guess I have to go to fuboTV now" but, how long will they be there? I'm thinking I may just be done with NESN.

Its to bad they won't just give up the rights to Bruins broadcast. It'd be a 2 for 1 as we'd also probably get rid of the stupid ticker too

Reactions: Gordoff

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Greaaaaaaaat.

Getting closer and closer to just switching back to cable.

The amount of streaming services there are now really almost makes it not worth it.

Reactions: bbfan419

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
If the NHL would just stop with the regional blockouts... people could just get the NHL package straight through the NHL and not worry about the cable TV or jumping through both safe and non-safe hoops to just watch hockey. Cable TV is just an antiquated money grab at this point.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Maybe I'm missing something here? I get NESN on basic cable and I live out in the middle of nowhere. My question is basically why does anyone care?

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
If the NHL would just stop with the regional blockouts... people could just get the NHL package straight through the NHL and not worry about the cable TV or jumping through both safe and non-safe hoops to just watch hockey. Cable TV is just an antiquated money grab at this point.

I agree 150% with what you said I would love to get the NHL package and I just might do that and watch the Bruins on highlights but will there be a season this year???

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Maybe I'm missing something here? I get NESN on basic cable and I live out in the middle of nowhere. My question is basically why does anyone care?
Because most people don't feel like spending a minimum of $150/mo for cable/internet to watch hockey if it's not on streaming.

I literally watch no tv outside of sports, but have to pay for fios because more and more of these streaming services are either getting locked out of regional sports, or are almost as expensive as a cable internet package when you factor in the cost of a higher speed internet to handle the streaming anyways.

Apparently YES Network (Yankees) is pulling the same shit with YT TV as well.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Because most people don't feel like spending a minimum of $150/mo for cable/internet to watch hockey if it's not on streaming.

I literally watch no tv outside of sports, but have to pay for fios because more and more of these streaming services are either getting locked out of regional sports, or are almost as expensive as a cable internet package when you factor in the cost of a higher speed internet to handle the streaming anyways.

Apparently YES Network (Yankees) is pulling the same shit with YT TV as well.
Ok, gotcha. Those fargin baztages. :laugh:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Id love to be able to just watch the Bruins plus every other game.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
A lot of people don't both with cable anymore. People outside of New England especially might care.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad