Your team's underrated prospect

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Absolutely agree on the idea that Ikonen is underrated! Seen him play for a few years here in Kingston and he's the kind of player that you win with. Fantastic along the boards, using the cycle effectively to sustain offensive pressure. Strong playmaking skills and a quality finisher around the net. His offensive upside may not be high a the NHL level but he's the type of player that makes his line better by playing a 200 foot game while chipping in offensively. Tampa has a great prospect!

You know the last Lightning prospect to get the exact same scouting Report?
It's Ondrej Palat.
I mean it's highly unlikly that Ikonen will develop the way Palat did, as this was almost unheard of, but you never know and I will dream about it until I know different ;)

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Tough one between Duclair and Skjei, but I'm gonna go with Brady Skjei out of the University of Minnesota.

Developing much like McDonagh did at Wisconsin. Similar players too.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
You know the last Lightning prospect to get the exact same scouting Report?
It's Ondrej Palat.
I mean it's highly unlikly that Ikonen will develop the way Palat did, as this was almost unheard of, but you never know and I will dream about it until I know different ;)

I honestly think Murray's done it again. Can't wait to see this guy next season in Syracuse.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
tampa has to be henri ikonen is just lighting it up 5th round pick this year he is gonna move up drastically on our boards if continues to shine like has so far. 21 points like 9 games.

for detroit I would say mattias backman very smooth late blooming defensemen super smooth no real weaknesses or nylen janmark. In SEL both playing super well this year. Nylen lighting it up expect both in ahl next year and maybe str8 call ups to detroit after one year in ahl which just doesnt happen for detroit guys!!

Oct of last year said this so got a little lucky as others said love wilcox and peca too cant believe people dont know who they are though.

Another sleeper for tampa now is paquette and maybe people know him a bit cause came up like last four games and playoffs and did a good job. Got 44 points I think in AHL last year and that is more than expected.

If we were not so deep an talented with centers and young offensive guys think he could have earned a shot up to even third line player which is to me at least a surprise. Doubt a lot of people had believed he would even be an NHL guy.

He is really rounding out his game and see him as our future fourth line center worst case scenario if dont move him at some point. He has shown he can actually score more than was expected and has really improved in all areas whether is face offs, shooting, skating etc..

Very happy for the kid obviously he is working his tail off as 101st pick and shocking a lot since he went undrafted the year before when was first eligible.

We seem to keep having these stories in tampa though IE: Johnson not drafted or JT Brown same thing or palat overlooked first draft eligible year than became 7th rounder.

Feel good stories for sure.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Jeremy Gregoire for the Habs.

If he was born 10 days later, he would have been eligible for this year's draft.

He had 35 goals, 69 pts in 65 games in the Q and also led the way with 23 pts in 22 playoffs games.

He could have been an early second round pick if he was selected this year.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Martin Marincin. Unlike Ference, he can win a puck battle along the boards and make an outlet pass. He's also tall, and pretty good skater. Definitely an NHL D-man.

Klefbom + Nurse are overhyped.

Hope Bringer

Jan 6, 2010
Sam Carrick for the Leafs

not on anyone's radar before the season, and Spott even said that when he took the job he assumed Sam would be in the ECHL. but he gained the trust of the staff and worked his way up even getting first line time with the Marlies.

I see a good future for him as a utility player that gets plugged wherever he's needed in the lineup, kills penalty, and drops the mitts occasionally

NHLPaul

Jun 4, 2014
You know... Around
For the Flyers: Valeri Vasiliev and Mark Alt and Taylor Leier.
I believe Alt will play next year. Former 2nd rd pick that just took a while to click for him. Got size and ability. Could be a very solid 2nd pairing player.
Vasiliev has been fantastic since being drafted. Has 2nd/3rd pairing shut down/big hitter written all over him.
Leier has been improving terrifically. Good leadership as well. Likely will end up a 3rd liner but does have potential for much more than that.

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
The Flames have a pretty lengthy list of underrated prospects.

Max Reinhart held the record for points in a season for the Abbotsford Heat in his sophomore year as a pro.

Bill Arnold will one day make a pretty great 3rd-4th line centerman.

Jon Gillies is the future of our goaltending outside of Joni Ortio.

Patrick Sieloff will be a top 4 shutdown player in a couple years. Not to mention Wotherspoon did pretty well in the 14 games he played for us.

Markus Granlund had the most goals for a rookie player in the AHL this year. Had a pretty good six game stint with the flames getting three points (2G, 1A). I say six because he got injured at the very beginning of his seventh game.

Michael Ferland will make a damn good 3rd-4th line power forward once he gets over his injury problems.

Mark Jankowski didn't have a very good point total this year and it was apparently because his coach wanted him to work solely on his defensive play (which it's said he has gotten quite good at).

Ryan Culkin and Brett Kulak are the same type of players. Reliable two-way defencemen with leadership qualities. They both have a strong chance of being bottom pairing defencemen in the NHL.

Other than that the Flames have a lot of LW talent and no true RWers. Emile Poirier has played RW, but he shoots left. Regardless of that I don't think Emile is underrated after the season he had.

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
He isn't really a "prospect" anymore but Mattias Ekholm is going places. He has improved exponentially, if it wasn't for Josi, Jones, and Ellis this guy would be the talk of the Preds minus Weber.

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Anton Forsberg. Look for a few solid seasons in Springfield and then he'll be seeing some NHL time.

johnnystormcgy

May 26, 2007
The Flames have a pretty lengthy list of underrated prospects.

Max Reinhart held the record for points in a season for the Abbotsford Heat in his sophomore year as a pro.

Bill Arnold will one day make a pretty great 3rd-4th line centerman.

Jon Gillies is the future of our goaltending outside of Joni Ortio.

Patrick Sieloff will be a top 4 shutdown player in a couple years. Not to mention Wotherspoon did pretty well in the 14 games he played for us.

Markus Granlund had the most goals for a rookie player in the AHL this year. Had a pretty good six game stint with the flames getting three points (2G, 1A). I say six because he got injured at the very beginning of his seventh game.

Michael Ferland will make a damn good 3rd-4th line power forward once he gets over his injury problems.

Mark Jankowski didn't have a very good point total this year and it was apparently because his coach wanted him to work solely on his defensive play (which it's said he has gotten quite good at).

Ryan Culkin and Brett Kulak are the same type of players. Reliable two-way defencemen with leadership qualities. They both have a strong chance of being bottom pairing defencemen in the NHL.

Other than that the Flames have a lot of LW talent and no true RWers. Emile Poirier has played RW, but he shoots left. Regardless of that I don't think Emile is underrated after the season he had.

The "prospect" I would have picked would probably be Ferland. I don't think any of those forwards you mentioned are underrated, maybe Djanko but only ironically.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Jensen for the Wings

even most Wings fans seem to view him as a total afterthought

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Can think of a few for the Canes, but the one I'd have to go with that stands out the most to me is Daniel Altshuller.

He was already a good goalie when he was drafted but he just got progressively better since then. The past two years he's been one of the best goalies in the OHL and he absolutely took over during the playoffs en-route to the conference finals with Oshawa.

Would include Pesce, Slavin, and Carrick as solid futures that are underrated.

richardsequalscup*

Connor Allen for the Rangers. He could start in the top 4 for at least 15 teams on defense.

dougie1107

Jul 6, 2012
Memphis
Miikka Salomaki for the Preds. He just finished his first season in North America and lead the Admirals in scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad