Your team's underrated prospect

BacklundtoBartschi*

Markus Granlund for the flames is always viewed as the crappier Granlund, but he put up 46 points in 52 AHL games and showed off his NHL caliber shot.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Bill Arnold in Calgary I think will surprise some people. Can't wait to see what he does in the AHL this year

Ace88*

Carter Verhaeghe (Toronto) is ridiculously underrated. Look for 95+ points next season out of him, maybe even more. Good all around forward who battles hard and has some real nice vision and puck skills. Getting him in the 3rd round was a coup

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
For Montreal, it begins and end with Greg Pateryn. 23 years old, big D, rocket of a slapper, and imho more than ready for the big league.

Most overrated has to be Tinordi.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Carter Verhaeghe (Toronto) is ridiculously underrated. Look for 95+ points next season out of him, maybe even more. Good all around forward who battles hard and has some real nice vision and puck skills. Getting him in the 3rd round was a coup

And the overrating of another leafs prospect begins....

Why can't you just say he's doing well and looks promising? No, it was a "coup" getting him in the third.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Jensen for the Wings

even most Wings fans seem to view him as a total afterthought

Only because it seems like he has a lot of players to leapfrog before he gets a chance in the NHL. Sproul, Ouellet, Marchenko, and Backman all seem to have the upper hand as far as pecking order. Maybe even Almquist.

I like Jenson, and I hope he gets a chance soon.

Marchenko gets my vote for Detroit. More 7th round magic. The guy is as steady as they come defensively, but I hope he can stay healthy.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
Mark Pysyk for Buffalo. If he were on a team with less depth, he could easily be a teams top prospect.

Why can't you just say he's doing well and looks promising? No, it was a "coup" getting him in the third.

Don't single out Leafs fans, all fan bases overrate their prospects. The above post about Mark Pysyk contains much more homerism. Pysyk is a solid 'spect but wouldn't be any team's top prospect.

Then there's the post about Conor Allen already being a top-4 d-man on half the teams in the league.

Iridescent*

Jensen has looked real good. Very interested to see if he makes the team next year.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
For the Isles, Ville Pokka. He was drafted in the early second round of the 2012 NHL draft. He hasn't playe in North America yet (he is probably coming over to Bridgeport this year), but what he did in Finland was outstanding. This past season, he helped lead his team Kärpät to win the finish league, and at only 20 years old, he came in I think 3rd in voting for the league's best defenseman in a man's league.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
By Leafs management: Jerry D'Amigo. Kid has all the skills to be an effective 3rd liner, exceptional 4th line PKer.

Tom Nilsson is the other one that comes to mind.

Ace88*

Considering it was a reach at the time and half the hockey world scratched their heads and said, "who?" Yes it was a coup. Calm your pants and don't be so uptight, it's not like I made some ridiculous proclamation about the surety of his future as a top 6 scorer. Sheesh, anything else you want to jump down my throat for while we're at it? Talk about an inferiority complex. RAH RAH RAH TORONTO OVERRATES THEIR PROSPECTS COS THIS GUY SAID SOMETHING TOTALLY REASONABLE RAH RAH RAH

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
For the wild I was going to say Eric haula due to the fact he was drafted in the 7th round.

Now I want to say Gustav olofsson. Left CC tigers after his freshman yr, and did pretty well with Iowa. Scored a goal in his first game. He also had a good wjc and played a lot for team Sweden on defense

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Markus Granlund for the flames is always viewed as the crappier Granlund, but he put up 46 points in 52 AHL games and showed off his NHL caliber shot.

He is over rated in calgary. Under rated by the rest of the league.
i like him. Glad we drafted him, but people rate him above Sven and some of our other top prospects, and he just doesnt have that type of potential.

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto

dude a poster just named 11 of his teams prospects as underrated. i think this guys post is tame in comparison

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Arturri Lehkonen. I actually think he will be a top six forward one day, him and Andrighetto are the only forward prospects I'm positive will be good nhl forwards.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
:edmonton

Underrated by HF:

1) Martin Marincin
2) Martin Gernat
3) Dillon Simpson

Underrated/Under-appreciated by Oilers Fans:

1) Jujhar Khaira
2) Travis Ewanyk