Your team's underrated prospect

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
The Red Wings top 4 D prospects in Ryan Sproul, Xavier Ouellet, Mattias Backman, and Alexei Marchenko. While none look like future stud #1's, they all appear to have bright NHL futures.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Shayne Gostisbehere. He has a chance to be special. Yet he doesn't get the usual hype because he was an unknown from Florida, played at non traditional college program, and wasn't a 1st round pick.

Efactor

Dec 10, 2002
hfboards.mandatory.com
Christian Djoos for the Washington Caps. Was huge for Sweden at the WJC last year. Two full SEL season and a game in a third already. Will stay one more year, but as a 7th round selection is a steal.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Shayne Gostisbehere. He has a chance to be special. Yet he doesn't get the usual hype because he was an unknown from Florida, played at non traditional college program, and wasn't a 1st round pick.

Coming into the year it was but I don't think that's the case anymore after the Frozen Four.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Coming into the year it was but I don't think that's the case anymore after the Frozen Four.

He didn't make this sites top 50 prospect list, he was honorable mention. He never gets mentioned in any re-draft lists for 2012, although he would clearly be a 1st rounder. Yes, the hype machine has started rolling especially if you watched the Frozen Four. But really the only current NCAA'er with full recognition is Gaudreau from BC. Ghost went to Union. That is a big difference. The ECAC doesn't get that much publicity. Most people probably have only seen him at the WJC's a year and a half ago and on ESPN last month.

NBjet

May 24, 2014
For the Jets I'm going to go with Scott Kosmachuk... It's not like he isn't on anyone's radar; he had over 100 points in the OHL regular season and 28 in the playoffs, but I think that his game is going to translate to the pros better than people anticipate. He's got a nice combination of skill and grit, and if he can add a few pounds this off season and find some decent line mates with the Ice Caps next year, it wouldn't surprise me if he finds himself on a point-a-game pace by mid-season. I think his hockey sense and compete will have him exceeding people's expectations significantly next year, especially for a 3rd rounder (70)... time, of course, will tell.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He didn't make this sites top 50 prospect list, he was honorable mention. He never gets mentioned in any re-draft lists for 2012, although he would clearly be a 1st rounder.

The list was made before the tournament. I don't really care about the re-draft things on here because they're pretty damn pointless unless it's like 5 years out.

Yes, the hype machine has started rolling especially if you watched the Frozen Four. But really the only current NCAA'er with full recognition is Gaudreau from BC. Ghost went to Union. That is a big difference. The ECAC doesn't get that much publicity.

Gaudreau gets the recognition because he absolutely tore up the NCAA & WJC's in the last two years. The other two often talked about prospects on here are Drouin & Mantha who like Gaudreau tore up their respective leagues & the WJC's in the same time frame.

Gostisbehere had a very good year but it wasn't on par with those guys.

Most people probably have only seen him at the WJC's a year and a half ago and on ESPN last month.

That's basically about the only viewings of him most Flyers fans had as well.

I'm sorry but I'm not really seeing how he's underrated anymore.

Analyzer*

No one, because if they ever do anything of importance you hear about it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
TB has two levels. People are sort of aware of Vlad Namestnikov, but because he's not Drouin, he gets overlooked a bit. He's developing into a high quality two-way center. But to anyone who's paying attention, I think it's pretty clear that he has a very high ceiling.

But below that there are guys like Henri Ikonen and Matt Peca. I'll go with Adam Wilcox though, who looks like a great goalie prospect in Minnesota, and he gets overlooked a lot because of Vasi and Gudlevski.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Have to agree with the other Wings' fan and say Teemu Pulkkinen. He elevated his game really well in his first season in North America, had a good playoffs, and is committed to working on the parts of his games that aren't polished.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Justin Bailey and Nick Baptiste both are very underrated for the Sabres

I personally think Justin Bailey is overrated due to him being from Buffalo. That big jump many were expecting last season in the OHL never happened. I mean hopefully he improves this coming season, but the rate he is going now, don't expect much from him in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad