Your team's underrated prospect

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Mikael Wikstrand.

Broke OEL's goal scoring record last year and is over PPG in scoring this year dominating it.

Was instrumental piece and Sweden's best defender in WJC's after 3 of their best defenders went down he stepped up.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Hard to say for Buffalo. A few years ago it was Pysyk, two years ago Catenacci, and last year probably Logan Nelson. Now it's probably Pysyk again.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I just seen first page and apparently Wikstrand is out there...

I'll also add McCormick. Speedy and gritty NCAA forward. Good hands and hockey sense. Impressed me a lot at development camp.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Tom Nilsson.

He's not going to get his name on the scoreboard a lot but he's going to make his presence felt on the ice. He's a huge hitter, and could very well be the Leafs version of Kronwall.

Nilsson has impressed in his first season in the SHL already. He's going to be a guy you start hearing about sooner rather than lter. He'll be the Leafs long term answer to the RH'd defensive dman IMO.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Colin Smith for the Avs. 7th round pick put up over 100 points in the WHL last season. First year in the AHL now. Great playmaker. Gets overlooked because of his small size but very talented. Could really surprise a few years down the line.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
As always, for the Sens the answer is Mark Stone. All he has done since being drafted is produce - has the resume of a 1st round pick:

245 points in two WHL seasons after being drafted
7 goals, 10 points at the World Juniors (best on team)
41 points in 57GP in his first AHL season (best on team)

All the guy does is produce. Only thing stopping him from being regarded as a top prospect is draft position (which is ridiculous) and his skating ability, which has greatly improved since being drafted, to the point where it can be considered average by pro standards. Look for him to break out huge when a spot opens up for him on the big club.

Agreed. He'll develop into a great bottom 6 center that's a beast on the penalty kill.

His skating is not NHL average. Bottom 20% still. Easily.

But as an Ottawa fan I hope he pans out.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
There's really a ton of candidates for the Ducks, given that depth, so I wouldn't really mention Andersen. Welinski is a good call. I'd add Keaton Thompson and Antoine Laganiere (as one of the bigger college-FA signings, he's sure flying under the radar with us).

WildFinn*

Tyler Graovac is one of our "sleepers, 2011, 7th round, 191st.

nolongeramember

Oct 20, 2013
another one for me would be Troy Vance in Dallas a big shut down defense man, a leader and works hard game in game out, he was a fourth round pick i believe in 2011, currently playing for the Charlottetown Islanders on the top D pair wearing an A

Primetimey*

another one for me would be Troy Vance in Dallas a big shut down defense man, a leader and works hard game in game out, he was a fourth round pick i believe in 2011, currently playing for the Charlottetown Islanders on the top D pair wearing an A

Playing his overage year in the Q.. meh..

If you want a sleeper in Dallas Google Jyrki Jokipakka

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Jujhar Khaira.. size, nastiness, IQ.. he had a great showing at the rookie tournament and training camp this year.

When is the Parade

Grand Marshall
Nov 30, 2008
104th Avenue NW
Kenny Agostino seems to foot the bill. A skilled agitator that loves to show up in big games. I could also throw out Morgan Klimchuk. He slipped under the radar this summer because of an abdominal injury and seems to be the forgotten man on the Flames depth charts.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Not underrated (since he was just drafted), but I really think Vincent Dunn will turn out to be a great player for Ottawa down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad