Your team's underrated prospect

jimslob

Dec 9, 2008
For the Canucks I would say Frankie Corrado, also Liberati, McEneny, McNally and Cederholm all later round picks that are starting to look like steals.

Of course not all of them are going to make the show and definately not all on the Canucks since they are all defencmen and we have no room rxcept for one or two but the others could become good trade bait.

I think we see Frankie up this year and he will claim a full time slot next year, not bad for a 5th round pick that earned a spot on the world junior team last year. Damn you Sprot!

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
For the Isles, I would have said Ville Pokka but it does sound like he is starting to turn heads this season. So I'll go with Andrei Pedan. Big russian defenseman with a mean streak, and good offensive instincts. Some discipline issues though, but it can be worked on.

Not that he's underrated by any stretch of the imagination, but I really think the Isles have a gem in Ryan Pulock. If Griffin Reinhart were not on the team, Pulock would have gotten the 9 game look.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
As far as HF is concerned for Dallas it's John Klingberg who has become one of the best defenseman in Sweden.

As far as who Stars fans underrate...Alex Guptill. He's had his issues with the Michigan coach but when measuring pure talent he's the next Alex Chiasson.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
The leafs have a few players who have been slaughtering their respective leagues in terms of points but I havent seen them much live so no comment (Verhaeghe, Brown, Johnson).

For the leafs, probably percy. Type of player you love when watching him live but are left wanting more when you watch the highlight reel (because he isnt there). Very un-sexy prospect but he has that rare ability to give leaf fans calm when hes on the ice. Doesnt screw up with or without the puck. Easy top 4 upside.

MacWilliam is a guy many have not heard of. Mean player who understands how to play defense.

And I dont know if this counts but Brennan? Has scored 60% of the marlies goals this season as a defenseman is pretty much the only reason we are 4-1 to start. 8g 4 assists in 5 games. The definition of someone forcing management to play him in the NHL.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
The Leafs prospect depth on D is pretty impressive.

After Rielly, Finn and Percy we still have Granberg, Nilsson, Loov, MacWilliam and Knodel that all NHL potential.

PLUS we have Gardiner, Brennan and Holzer on top of that!!

Wouldn't be surprised to see the leafs trade a defense man or two this season..

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
:wild

Tyler Graovac, Erik Haula, or Dylan Labbe

Graovac and Haula were both 7th rounders. Graovac finally broke out last year while Haula was productive during all of his year with the Gophers and continues to be in the AHL.

Labbe plays on a terrible Shawinigan team so he flies under the radar.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Xavier Ouellet for the Wings and it's not even because he played very well in his first NHL game tonight against the Sharks. Not flashy at all, but he plays a very steady and solid game. Looking more and more likely that he will round into a good all-around top-4 defenseman.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Ill say Gillies for the Flames. Hopefully he gets a chance to show off at the WJC.

I think he will be our top prospect at the end of the year... (with Monahan and Baertschi graduating)

1. Gillies
2. Gaudreau
3. Poirer

I think he was HUGE #1G upside

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
JT Compher- Big Ten Freshman of the Year
Nick Baptiste- 45 goals and 89 points in OHL after being drafted in 3rd round just last year. (Projects as Power Forward)
Linus Ullmark- SHL Goalie of the year at 20 years old

Kovacs

Jul 22, 2013
Alberta
Greg Chase for Edmonton, 7th round last year.

Put up 35-50-85, 9 pts in 6 playoff games as well as a marked pest in The Dub.

Spade

Resident Tool
Mar 12, 2014
Digging a Hole
Throw in a vote for Morgan Klimchuk. Guy doesn't get talked about as one of our core guys (Monahan, Baertschi, Gaudreau, Poirier, Gillies etc.) OR as one of our sleeper guys (Arnold, Wotherspoon, Ortio, Ramage, Ferland etc.). Dude is as unnoticeable as they come.

I happen to really like the guy. Great skater, very smart all-around, gets to scoring areas, and has character and tenacity. He's the kind of player who maybe won't blow someone away at first glance through his physical traits or his personality on the ice, but you realize at the end of the day he got 2 assists and a +2.

He's the type of player that takes a lot of looks to appreciate what he brings. I think he could be a high-end 2nd liner and maybe even higher.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
William Karlsson

The guy is gonna be a stud for the Ducks.

He's at least well known among Swedish posters. I think kerdiles is the guy who's flying under the radar the most right now. Lot's of talent in that kid. And a great physical toolbox.

BoDacious Horvat

Sep 1, 2013
Vancouver
Ben Hutton, lead all NCAA dmen with 15 goals this year, in 30 games. 29 points total. 9 of them on the PP. Set a university of Maine record this year for goals by a dman. Not bad for a 5th round pick (2012) that was passed over in 2011.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
:wings Teemu Pulkkinen guy is built like a truck for being 5'10" has a booming shot and plays a 200ft game. I see him being better than Tatar. He also posted 59 pts (31 goals) in Grand Rapids being his first full season on NA ice.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Underrated among others?

Brock McGinn.

Complete player with skill. Guelph's MVP after this huge year for them.

Among fans of the team?

Trevor Carrick.

jhoops89

R.I.P. Thrashers
Mar 14, 2012
Not my team but Matthew Peca for the Lightning. Just you wait, Bolts fans. He has a game meant for Steven Stamkos.

I'm a bolts fan but I don't know much about this guy other than his name and position , what does he project to be?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Dillon Simpson- one of the best college D this season. Led his team to a final four beth when they had no business being there. Often called one of the smartest and well positioned D in college hockey. Could make the NHL very soon depending on skating

or

Greg Chase- Unreal year in the WHL for a 7th rounder. Good size, plays a pest game, but puts up big points

Biggest riser come next year: Jujhar Khaira. Good freshman season in NCAA, came to the WHL but had to play extremely tough defensive minutes, put up PPG in 1st line duties. Played in the AHL to end the season and was one of the best two way players on the team. Extremely good defensively, and will emerge offensively with better minutes

I think it was Marincin last year. But after his NHL season I think people realize hes legit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad