Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I like it but we both know Cassidy will have a photo of Haula in his wallet with his family members- he won’t be on 4th line

I feel the same way.

Regardless how well Stud does in the pre-season, I only see him starting on the 4th line...he's struggled in the past and IMO, Cassidy will role the vets first

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
When Cassidy took over after Clode he looked to open things up and try new ideas to a certain extent. Now, he seems to have embraced "Julienism" and has narrowed his vision to only want to trust veterans in most situations. It's worked out fine in terms of keeping the status-quo and continuing the success that started back when. Making the playoffs and winning the Presidents trophy is great but there also needs to be way more/better development of the young forwards n the pipeline. Can't keep trying to plug holes every year at the TDL by giving up on prospects and picks. By not giving young guys legit chances at succeeding here they also discourage the next wave of young players. While I don't like what the Bruins have done in general in the draft (pretty much until this year) I still don't think that they haven't gotten the most out of most of them either. Something needs to be done about how they develop these young forwards.

I'm not convinced they don't give them legit chances, but still a good point. Find out what they do well, and place them in a position to succeed. If they don't succeed move along with no regrets; they had their chance. The challenges here being accurately determining what they do well, and realizing someone else probably already occupies that position.

Reactions: Gordoff and Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Just about every coach falls into this trap after a few seasons into their tenure with a team and I'd say it applies to every contending team's coach since a contending team is more concerned about winning and less so with developing at the main club level.

Their jobs depend on it, and it is hard to blame them even though we do. You are right, unless a team has committed to a rebuild, and especially teams like the Bruins that are used to a level of success, and an owner that demands playoff gate revenues, this is going to happen. I don't know what you do about it, I wouldn't expect Bruce to risk coaching himself out of a job, but unless they are willing to bring along the next generation of players and accept that it might be a little rough at times, they are going to end up rebuilding anyway.

Reactions: Gordoff and PB37

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I am going to make a really unpopular prediction - we go into the '22 draft with two first round and two second round picks.

Do tell lol
2dzu.gif

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
With so many depth/grinder/bottom six types signed, is there a chance Lazar doesn't make the opening night roster? Or is he a sure bet being a right-shot C/RW?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
With so many depth/grinder/bottom six types signed, is there a chance Lazar doesn't make the opening night roster? Or is he a sure bet being a right-shot C/RW?

I think 9 guys are locks. The kids need to beat out Debrusk, Lazar, or Frederic to get in. This assumes Wagner is not in, and Nosek is a lock (and I think he is).

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
I liked Lazar and thought he played well, I can't see him being beat out of a spot.

I just want the season to start already, I am excited to see the chemistry of the new guys and to see how well Ullmark and Swayman do.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I’m not concerned what side they play I’m all about top 3 talent wise
For Tampa to protect Cernak over all those forwards them must love him (as do I ) add in Rutta and Bogosian that is a great bottom three come playoff time.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
For Tampa to protect Cernak over all those forwards them must love him (as do I ) add in Rutta and Bogosian that is a great bottom three come playoff time.

All what forwards? Yanni Gourde? Why would Tampa not protect a top 4 d over a third - fourth line player.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think they are the 1997 Dallas Cowboys - top heavy with no depth

they got 4 good to very good defenseman

I’m not impressed with how they won last two years

they came in third with an 80 M cap

Montreal plays them in finals with same cap the Canadiens beat them so that’s one good thing about being 18+ M over

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I think they are the 1997 Dallas Cowboys - top heavy with no depth

they got 4 good to very good defenseman

I’m not impressed with how they won last two years

they came in third with an 80 M cap

Montreal plays them in finals with same cap the Canadiens beat them so that’s one good thing about being 18+ M over
Sorry couldn’t disagree more. Best 4 Dmen in the league for me. Hedman might be the best player in the world come playoff time. For me it’s just like deflated balls and spy gate, I don’t care my team won that’s all I care about. But that’s me.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sorry couldn’t disagree more. Best 4 Dmen in the league for me. Hedman might be the best player in the world come playoff time. For me it’s just like deflated balls and spy gate, I don’t care my team won that’s all I care about. But that’s me.
Yeh we never agreed on much so no worries we don’t here as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad