Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Does everyone think that the current Bruins roster is set? Assuming they keep the perfection line together.......my thoughts on the open spots are as follows:

Marchy-Bergy-Pasta
Hall-Coyle-Smith
Debrusk-Haula-Foligno
Frederic-Nosek-Lazar
XXXXX

Forbort-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Reilly-XXXX
XXXXX

Ullmark
Swayman

1. Studnicka, where does he fit if he has a great camp?
2. If Senyshyn has a great camp, is he 13th forward?
3. Is Wagner a guarantee to be waived/Providence bound?
4. Moore, Vaak, Clifton, Zboril all lobbying for 6 and 7th dmen.

My preference would be to try the Recchi effect from 2011 and insert Foligno with Bergy and Marchy. Put Pasta on a line with Hall and watch the magic. That puts less pressure on Coyle being the 2c. I'd prefer to trade Gryz and Debrusk for an Ekholm and slide Forbort down to the 2nd pair with Carlo

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I would love for Perfection to be broken up 5v5 unless in certain situations ( need a late game goal, need to wake the team up, etc etc ) and kept together on the PP.

Pasta with Hall in their very limited time together had puck chemistry and i want to see them explore that again. I think regardless of who the center is on that line, with Hall on one side and Pasta on the right, they'll be just fine.

Hall showed great chemistry with Smith too, so i don't see a losing situation here if they elect to stick with that. I know I'm in the minority on this but i LOVE the flexibility of this forward unit. All the new guys can play multiple positions, Coyle, Pasta, and Smith can flex up and down the lines as needed.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Does everyone think that the current Bruins roster is set? Assuming they keep the perfection line together.......my thoughts on the open spots are as follows:

Marchy-Bergy-Pasta
Hall-Coyle-Smith
Debrusk-Haula-Foligno
Frederic-Nosek-Lazar
XXXXX

Forbort-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Reilly-XXXX
XXXXX

Ullmark
Swayman

My preference would be to try the Recchi effect from 2011 and insert Foligno with Bergy and Marchy. Put Pasta on a line with Hall and watch the magic. That puts less pressure on Coyle being the 2c. I'd prefer to trade Gryz and Debrusk for an Ekholm and slide Forbort down to the 2nd pair with Carlo

Nick Foligno has never been the player Mark Recci was, even at the end of his career, but I still agree with your line of thinking. Foligno has good hands, is extremely tenacious on the puck and nearly impossible to move from the front of the net.

My concern is whether Foligno can give you what Recchi gave that line...or if he will be Backes 2.0.

Reactions: Knox Harrington

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Would love to see them trade Debrusk for a RW.

Marchand Bergie Rackell
Hall Coyle Pasta
Foligno Haula Smith
Nosek Stud Lazar

While Smith did really well last year, I still view him as a 3rd line player and that could give us way more balance.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Would love to see them trade Debrusk for a RW.

Marchand Bergie Rackell
Hall Coyle Pasta
Foligno Haula Smith
Nosek Stud Lazar

While Smith did really well last year, I still view him as a 3rd line player and that could give us way more balance.

I agree. I think Coyle is going to do well at 2C and that we'll actually be looking for a better finisher for the 2RW spot at the deadline.

Reactions: Gordoff

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I agree. I think Coyle is going to do well at 2C and that we'll actually be looking for a better finisher for the 2RW spot at the deadline.

IMO, the bigger concern down the road...could also be addressing our 3rd line center.

Big challenge for Haula even though I like his game.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
IMO, the bigger concern down the road...could also be addressing our 3rd line center.

Big challenge for Haula even though I like his game.

I'm not so worried about 3c down the road with Studnicka, Frederic, Beecher and Hall. Surely one of them can become a competent 3c.

I still think Studnicka has 2c potential, but I would start him on the 3rd line and keep him there until he looks like he's too good for the 3rd line.

My long-term concern is #1c.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I'm not so worried about 3c down the road with Studnicka, Frederic, Beecher and Hall. Surely one of them can become a competent 3c.

I still think Studnicka has 2c potential, but I would start him on the 3rd line and keep him there until he looks like he's too good for the 3rd line.

My long-term concern is #1c.

So for 2021-2022, would you take a chance on Stud being plugged in as your 3C?

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I would love for Perfection to be broken up 5v5 unless in certain situations ( need a late game goal, need to wake the team up, etc etc ) and kept together on the PP.

Pasta with Hall in their very limited time together had puck chemistry and i want to see them explore that again. I think regardless of who the center is on that line, with Hall on one side and Pasta on the right, they'll be just fine.

Hall showed great chemistry with Smith too, so i don't see a losing situation here if they elect to stick with that. I know I'm in the minority on this but i LOVE the flexibility of this forward unit. All the new guys can play multiple positions, Coyle, Pasta, and Smith can flex up and down the lines as needed.
I agree with you, would like to see Smith on the Bergy line and Pasty with Hall and Coyle.
It gives us more balance with the scoring and evens out line one and two.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Marchy-Bergy-Pasta
Hall-Coyle-Smith
Debrusk-Haula-Foligno
Frederic-Nosek-Lazar
XXXXX

Forbort-McAvoy
Gryz-Carlo
Reilly-XXXX
XXXXX

Ullmark
Swayman

move been banging the move pasta to line 2 drum for years now so, ya

wasn’t needed as much in 2019 Cus of our 3rd line but now, definitely

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
move been banging the move pasta to line 2 drum for years now so, ya

wasn’t needed as much in 2019 Cus of our 3rd line but now, definitely
I’m for moving Pasta to line 2.

I’m against moving Foligno to line 1.

Smith in his time last season on the top line played extraordinarily well and clicked. Foligno is much better suited to a depth role.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I keep the top line together, but if we get into December and are having difficulty with scoring depth, I would adjust and pair Pasta and Hall together and give Bergy and Marchand Smith or Foligno or someone on the right.

Reactions: HumBucker

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I keep the top line together, but if we get into December and are having difficulty with scoring depth, I would adjust and pair Pasta and Hall together and give Bergy and Marchand Smith or Foligno or someone on the right.

That makes sense. Let's see if it's broke before we fix it. But that fix may very well give us 2 very good scoring lines, as opposed to one exceptional line and one merely good line (that's not taking full advantage of Taylor Hall's talent).

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Oilers interested in Debrusk and Kailer Yamamoto is still unsigned...wondering if there could be something there. Hall - Coyle - Yamamoto would make an interesting 2nd line with Foligno - Haula - Smith on the 3rd with Stundicka seeing some action throughout.

With the Oilers you have McDavid, Drai and RNH down the middle and Hyman, JP, Archibald and Kassian on the right....with Foegele on the left? Am I missing somebody? Outside of cap, feels like they could use Debrusk to ride somewhere in that top six.

There was interest in Garland so cant see the front office being afraid of Yamamoto

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad