Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
SNAPSHOTS: Ottawa Senators rookies knock off the Montreal Canadiens 4-3 | Ottawa Sun

Logan Brown days maybe numbered in Ottawa. He's a guy Sweeney should be watching, depending on the price of course.

He has been skating in St. Louis with winger Brady Tkachuk, the Senators’ remaining unsigned restricted free agent, while waiting to see if a deal might come along. In the last couple of weeks, Brown has come to the realization he has no value on the trade market, and, since he qualifies for waivers, he may get picked up at the end of camp if the Senators try to send him down to Belleville.

Brown has indeed asked to be traded and changed agents in hopes of facilitating a deal, but the Senators have insisted they’re not going to give him away.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We won’t have to hear anymore Studnicka is to skinny

he looks every bit 6’2 and 190 +

perfect hockey body - not like a top the way Randy Wood was - Studnicka has a huge trunk

He should be 4th line center and top 4 PK

he’s got balls he will block shots was phenomenal PK in Providence

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I 100% agree they need to add a legit top pairing guy with McAvoy. His argument that there is no depth is just absurd. They almost have too much depth and need to take a few pieces and combine them in a trade.

In 2018-19, the following D all played for the big club.
McAvoy
Chara
Krug
Grzelcyk
Carlo
Moore
Miller
Kampfer
Lauzon
Clifton
Zboril
Vaakanainan

Going into 2021-22, this is the D depth chart (D with at least 1 NHL game)...
McAvoy
Grzelcyk
Carlo
Reilly
Forbort
Clifton
Moore
Urho
Zboril
Ahcan
Lewington

I suppose one can add Lyle to the list if you want.

I don't see how they have TOO much depth. Perhaps you meant they have too many replacement level D and not enough top 6 talent?

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If the Bruins bottom 6 played Tampa 82 games I would be suprised if Tampa got 20 points out of a possible 164

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
He has missed 18 playoff games and played in 37 games before last year. So just a little over 32%. Then total he has missed 21 games and played in 45 for a little over 31%.

Considering what you bolded you answered the wrong question. Going into last season Carlo had missed the entire playoff run two out of his first four years.

So now he has not been available at the end of the season three out of five times.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
If we were able to acquire former MVP Hall without giving up a first we should be able to do the same with Hertl. No first. No Lysell. Don't care.
completely different players & situations. Hall was older and his stock was pretty low due to his production having dipped a lot and having a rough go of it in Buffalo. He also held all the cards and was essentially able to force a trade to Boston specifically.

Hertl is younger so his next UFA deal will be buying prime years and he just came off a year where he scored on a 30 goal, 70 point pace so there really aren't question marks about his productivity at this point. He has also been a pretty productive playoff performer in his relatively young career, whereas Hall had very little playoff experience.

The two aren't really comparable in terms of trade value & Hertl definitely won't be had for a 2nd like Hall was

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
completely different players & situations. Hall was older and his stock was pretty low due to his production having dipped a lot and having a rough go of it in Buffalo. He also held all the cards and was essentially able to force a trade to Boston specifically.

Hertl is younger so his next UFA deal will be buying prime years and he just came off a year where he scored on a 30 goal, 70 point pace so there really aren't question marks about his productivity at this point. He has also been a pretty productive playoff performer in his relatively young career, whereas Hall had very little playoff experience.

The two aren't really comparable in terms of trade value & Hertl definitely won't be had for a 2nd like Hall was

I can't disagree with any of this because its fact. I concur. However...

What is also a fact is over the last four years Hall is at 0.947 PPG (28th) and Hertl is at 0.783 (62nd). Hertl is 28 on Nov. 12th and Hall is 30 on Nov. 14th. Most observers have always held Hall is higher regard. He's a former 1st overall player.

Hertl's knee equals out any age advantage IMO. That risk is significant.

My point was based upon the player's reputation - most would pick Hall.

To me a 1st and a player like Lysell is just too much and I wouldn't touch it.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Is there any world in which we get Hertl and Studnicka is not part of the deal. I imagine it would be Stud/Lysell/Lohrei Plus a 1st plus a second player like Steen/Zboril/Lyle.

So I am thinking maybe, but I am not giving up Lohrei or Lysell, so Studnicka it apears would have to be the primary prospect. If it were just Lauko, a 1st Steen/Asselin, and Zboril/Lyle I would jump for joy.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Is there any world in which we get Hertl and Studnicka is not part of the deal. I imagine it would be Stud/Lysell/Lohrei Plus a 1st plus a second player like Steen/Zboril/Lyle.

So I am thinking maybe, but I am not giving up Lohrei or Lysell, so Studnicka it apears would have to be the primary prospect. If it were just Lauko, a 1st Steen/Asselin, and Zboril/Lyle I would jump for joy.
The deal would likely be Studnicka or Beecher a first and DeBrusk

0.0 Lysell in it - they wouldn’t even ask

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak/Smith
Hall-Hertl-Pastrnak/Smith
Foligno-Haula- Coyle

Frederic-Nosek-Lazar/Sensyshyn/Wagner

Get the Duck Boats ready if they are still in business

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The deal would likely be Studnicka or Beecher a first and DeBrusk

0.0 Lysell in it - they wouldn’t even ask

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak/Smith
Hall-Hertl-Pastrnak/Smith
Foligno-Haula- Coyle

Frederic-Nosek-Lazar/Sensyshyn/Wagner

Get the Duck Boats ready if they are still in business

Those lines would be great with outstanding depth but who's going to log big meaningful minutes come playoff time on defense, outside of McAvoy. The bruins just aren't built behind the Blueline to go on a long championship run.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
That first powerplay unit will kill all of the rest of the nhl... Hard.

Marchand - Bergeron - Hall
Pasternak - Grzelnyk

There's not many better. Maybe colorado and even toronto if they can make it work again. Edmonton.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Those lines would be great with outstanding depth but who's going to log big meaningful minutes come playoff time on defense, outside of McAvoy. The bruins just aren't built behind the Blueline to go on a long championship run.
By late February so many things would have happened the answers would be to issues not yet known

Who a year ago could have foreseen Krejci In Europe and Hall here - Swayman & Ullmark goalies

It will surely be things we never expected

Reactions: Dr Hook and HustleB

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
That first powerplay unit will kill all of the rest of the nhl... Hard.

Marchand - Bergeron - Hall
Pasternak - Grzelnyk

There's not many better. Maybe colorado and even toronto if they can make it work again. Edmonton.

I think they keep Hall on the 2nd unit and go for a net front presence in the spot you have Hall.

The triggers are Pasta and Bergy and the facilitators are Marchand and Grz on the first unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad