Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Kilorn had a broken leg and you are not protecting a stiff like Palat over a top 4 anything
Kind of funny Tampa wins two cups in a row and they don’t have depth and fantastic players. Best defence and goalie in the world to go along with a great forward group.

Reactions: Gordoff

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Kind of funny Tampa wins two cups in a row and they don’t have depth and fantastic players. Best defence and goalie in the world to go along with a great forward group.

Lets convince Tampa to sit this year out and give the rest of us a chance.

Reactions: Grimey

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Do tell lol
2dzu.gif

You can probably guess where I'm going. I hate to go there. If the '15 draft wasn't botched I wouldn't be saying it. But you know who I'm talking about.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
skeptic view :
bergeron made a point of not discussing his future with team before season begins. Will not talk about an extension or if he plans on retirement etc...
during the season. it will be put off until end of season so not to be a distraction. Wants to concentrate on trying to win a stanley cup. if things go well
i could see him staying for 3 more years if he see's a downward trend with team performance it is his right to go to free agency and being underpaid the
past 6 seasons for bruins. they will have to anty up if they want to keep bergeron or he will test the free agent market.
opinion only ( thinking he did not appreciate how management handled Chara situation and will not allow that to happen to him )
bergeron wants to hold all the cards thus allowing his contract to expire and let bruins management decide if they want to keep him at his price
at the end of the year.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
For the next season, on who Bruins need to rely for toughness, enforcers...Frederick? Foligno? Who can protect guys like Pasta?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
skeptic view :
bergeron made a point of not discussing his future with team before season begins. Will not talk about an extension or if he plans on retirement etc...
during the season. it will be put off until end of season so not to be a distraction. Wants to concentrate on trying to win a stanley cup. if things go well
i could see him staying for 3 more years if he see's a downward trend with team performance it is his right to go to free agency and being underpaid the
past 6 seasons for bruins. they will have to anty up if they want to keep bergeron or he will test the free agent market.
opinion only ( thinking he did not appreciate how management handled Chara situation and will not allow that to happen to him )
bergeron wants to hold all the cards thus allowing his contract to expire and let bruins management decide if they want to keep him at his price
at the end of the year.

Smart move by Bergy for a lot of reasons

- might force the Bruins hand in looking for an heir to the Bergeron throne ( potential Hertl trade )

- players will be more motivated to " win it for Bergy " if they feel it's his last season

- motivate himself to elevate his play, thinking that this might be it

- voters might give him the Lidstrom treatment and he'll get his 5th Selke that's been rightly his for a couple of years now

I think he'll play for another three years as well and do the Bruins a solid by taking team friendly, veteran deals.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I am going to make a really unpopular prediction - we go into the '22 draft with two first round and two second round picks.

We lose McAvoy to an offer sheet is my guess.

And Bingo was his name.

I guess I'll be the 'Well Actually' guy. Objectively speaking, this isn't the way it'd work. You don't get offer sheet compensation until the following year, so they'd get picks in 2023, not 2022.

From a real life standpoint, the Bruins would likely match any offer up to the 4 1sts threshold, so you're not getting a 1st and 2nd for him in the same draft, you're getting 4 1sts over 4 drafts, if it were to happen, which it won't.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
skeptic view :
at the end of the year.
I don't think the cost is going up. The man seems modest form afar even if I generally not to pretend I know the character of these men. I think retirement is a very real possibility. If my wife came calling and said "Hey Dude you have climbed the mountain, the kids are young come home and hang with us." How could I say no. Unfortunately my wife is like "we got damn bills to pay you better work Saturday and Sunday this week!"

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Who knows what considerations Bergy ( and frankly any player) is weighing...start with the physical wear and tear, add kids growing up without him and aging parents who life in Quebec

then factor in the recent Krejci decision and the Hayes tragedy

I truly hope he play another 4 years but can also understand if he is thinking it will soon be time to hang up his skates

Reactions: PB37 and Gordoff

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
The ghosts of Christmas past...Wilson's gonna run through this team like he did the Rags last year. :(

When has having enforcers on the team ever stopped anyone from getting run and injured? We used to have Chara, Lucic, S Thornton, Quader, etc. Didn't prevent injuries to Savard and Bergeron, to name just two. Doesn't stop the Wilsons of the world from doing what they do.

That doesn't mean it isn't good to have our own bulldozers, but this idea that it prevents anything is just a myth.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I don't think the cost is going up. The man seems modest form afar even if I generally not to pretend I know the character of these men. I think retirement is a very real possibility. If my wife came calling and said "Hey Dude you have climbed the mountain, the kids are young come home and hang with us." How could I say no. Unfortunately my wife is like "we got damn bills to pay you better work Saturday and Sunday this week!"

I tend to think any hockey spouse would understand the desire to keep playing if their spouse is still effective, and there are still opportunities to reach that mountain top again. Hockey is his life.

Bergeron is 36. Even if he plays 3 more years, he'd still be under 40 if he then retired. Lots of years left to hang with the kids. Why would she pressure him to retire before he felt he was ready? That would be a horrible thing to do.

Reactions: HustleB

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I tend to think any hockey spouse would understand the desire to keep playing if their spouse is still effective, and there are still opportunities to reach that mountain top again. Hockey is his life.

Bergeron is 36. Even if he plays 3 more years, he'd still be under 40 if he then retired. Lots of years left to hang with the kids. Why would she pressure him to retire before he felt he was ready? That would be a horrible thing to do.

Sounds like someone who isn’t married…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad