Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That first powerplay unit will kill all of the rest of the nhl... Hard.

Marchand - Bergeron - Hall
Pasternak - Grzelnyk

There's not many better. Maybe colorado and even toronto if they can make it work again. Edmonton.
I’m borrowing this from a friend but the BERGERON line with MCAVOY & GRZELCYK power play looked like the Harlem Globetrotters

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
The deal would likely be Studnicka or Beecher a first and DeBrusk

0.0 Lysell in it - they wouldn’t even ask

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak/Smith
Hall-Hertl-Pastrnak/Smith
Foligno-Haula- Coyle

Frederic-Nosek-Lazar/Sensyshyn/Wagner

Get the Duck Boats ready if they are still in business
I would add a 2nd or 3rd round pick with Beecher in order to hold onto Studnicka. I like that Stud is available now and personally I think he still has the brighter future despite Beecher’s size and skill profile.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
I think they keep Hall on the 2nd unit and go for a net front presence in the spot you have Hall.

Marchand is probably their best net front guy. He's very good at controlling pucks in tight spaces and tipping them in. It's also useful to have multiple guys that can confidently skate the puck into the zone. In the last few years Bruins 2nd unit has mostly existed only as a way to give the 1st unit a breather.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The deal would likely be Studnicka or Beecher a first and DeBrusk

0.0 Lysell in it - they wouldn’t even ask

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak/Smith
Hall-Hertl-Pastrnak/Smith
Foligno-Haula- Coyle

Frederic-Nosek-Lazar/Sensyshyn/Wagner

Get the Duck Boats ready if they are still in business

I agree on the Hertl price and it's what I suggested in the trade thread. DeBrusk seems like a no-brainer to help fit salaries. A 1st is obligatory and a good center prospect would be reasonable to ask, seeing as the Sharks are giving up a top center in the process.

Reactions: HustleB and Gordoff

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Marchand is probably their best net front guy. He's very good at controlling pucks in tight spaces and tipping them in. It's also useful to have multiple guys that can confidently skate the puck into the zone. In the last few years Bruins 2nd unit has mostly existed only as a way to give the 1st unit a breather.

I have no doubts he can ( and has in spots ) succeed in that role because he is magic everywhere in the offensive zone. However, he's at his best ( and also the team's best ) when creating along the half wall on the PP. He's like Marc Savard out there with his vision and passing ability.

Reactions: Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
By late February so many things would have happened the answers would be to issues not yet known

Who a year ago could have foreseen Krejci In Europe and Hall here - Swayman & Ullmark goalies

It will surely be things we never expected
Love your optimism Lol :laugh:. I really do !

But let me ask you this, who do u feel the Bruins need more a Hertl type or an Ekholm type or realistically both ? Which one do you feel would give this Bruins team a better chance at even thinking of starting up the duck-boats?

Id be targeting Flip Forsberg who is also entering his UFA year and openly wasn't to happy with management after they traded arvidsson away, you bring him in along with Ekholm and you not only get the boats ready you plan the route. :naughty:

Id be giving up a combination of Lysell, Debrusk, Beecher, Studs, picks whoever else in a deal, pretty much any package that wasn't Crazy over pay, but Id want Forsberg to come with an extension, and I feel they need both but a top 4 defenseman more than anything.

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I think they keep Hall on the 2nd unit and go for a net front presence in the spot you have Hall.

The triggers are Pasta and Bergy and the facilitators are Marchand and Grz on the first unit.

Hall is to gifted to play on a second unit PP, to me you need to find room for him on the first but I have a feeling your more than likely right, and that's exactly what they will do.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Love your optimism Lol :laugh:. I really do !

But let me ask you this, who do u feel the Bruins need more a Hertl type or an Ekholm type or realistically both ? Which one do you feel would give this Bruins team a better chance at even thinking of starting up the duck-boats?

Id be targeting Flip Forsberg who is also entering his UFA year and openly wasn't to happy with management after they traded arvidsson away, you bring him in along with Ekholm and you not only get the boats ready you plan the route. :naughty:

Id be giving up a combination of Lysell, Debrusk, Beecher, Studs, picks whoever else in a deal, pretty much any package that wasn't Crazy over pay, but Id want Forsberg to come with an extension, because I feel they need both but a top 4 defenseman more than anything.

I think FF would be out the Bruins price range. I'm also pretty sure he primarily plays left wing, despite being a right hand shot.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I agree on the Hertl price and it's what I suggested in the trade thread. DeBrusk seems like a no-brainer to help fit salaries. A 1st is obligatory and a good center prospect would be reasonable to ask, seeing as the Sharks are giving up a top center in the process.
I think 100% Kane is in deep trouble and DeBrusk is a LW like Kane and would be a low risk high reward

Hertl one year to FA

I’m only speaking for self

I offer Hertl the Couturier deal if San Jose want to keep him but you pay him 7 years in 30’s - ouch

I rebuild like Kings & Ducks who have had 2 year jump on you

me ? I do 2022 or 2023 (deeper) draft and DeBrusk & Studnicka

no brainer

DeBrusk issues all a change in mindset

he’s worth it if I’m Sharks

Studnicka a very solid prospect who should be a good 200 foot high character

I jump on it if Sharks
I jump on it if Boston

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Do you really want Marchand standing in front of the net for 82 games + playoffs?

I think that's your best lineup but the marginal improvement with Marchand as the net-front guy isn't worth the risk of losing your best player.

Reactions: TCB

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I think 100% Kane is in deep trouble and DeBrusk is a LW like Kane and would be a low risk high reward

Hertl one year to FA

I’m only speaking for self

I offer Hertl the Couturier deal if San Jose want to keep him but you pay him 7 years in 30’s - ouch

I rebuild like Kings & Ducks who have had 2 year jump on you

me ? I do 2022 or 2023 (deeper) draft and DeBrusk & Studnicka

no brainer

DeBrusk issues all a change in mindset

he’s worth it if I’m Sharks

Studnicka a very solid prospect who should be a good 200 foot high character

I jump on it if Sharks
I jump on it if Boston

It really depends on what Studnicka brings this year. He doesn't necessarily need to play in Boston but he needs to tear it up in Providence if not.

Because if he's just mediocre in Prov, I suspect his value falls to near-zero.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It really depends on what Studnicka brings this year. He doesn't necessarily need to play in Boston but he needs to tear it up in Providence if not.

Because if he's just mediocre in Prov, I suspect his value falls to near-zero.
Agree

he was really good - the word I would use ‘pleasurable’ to watch in Providence two years ago

The issue is he shouldn’t be in Providence

To me Studnicka in AHL a waste

DeBrusk is a waste here and Studnicka a waste in AHL

why I package them both for Hertl - I believe in both but not here for two different reasons

I really like the Haula signing but it screws Studnicka

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Agree

he was really good - the word I would use ‘pleasurable’ to watch in Providence two years ago

The issue is he shouldn’t be in Providence

To me Studnicka in AHL a waste

DeBrusk is a waste here and Studnicka a waste in AHL

why I package them both for Hertl - I believe in both but not here for two different reasons

I really like the Haula signing but it screws Studnicka

They can still fit Stud into the lineup if he looks great in camp, but it'll slip Frederic on the bench waiting to get in.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Smith

Hall -- Coyle -- Pasta

DeBrusk -- Stud -- Foligno

Haula -- Nosek -- Lazar

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They can still fit Stud into the lineup if he looks great in camp, but it'll slip Frederic on the bench waiting to get in.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Smith

Hall -- Coyle -- Pasta

DeBrusk -- Stud -- Foligno

Haula -- Nosek -- Lazar
I like it but we both know Cassidy will have a photo of Haula in his wallet with his family members- he won’t be on 4th line

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I like it but we both know Cassidy will have a photo of Haula in his wallet with his family members- he won’t be on 4th line

I hope so, but as of right now he shouldn't be there.

Haula is just a couple of Covid restricted seasons away from a 29 goal year. He's not a top six but he will be a very good third line Center. If Stud steps up and proves his worth and beats Haula out or anyone else out on the top 3 lines, that's only good news, but there's no way entering camp anyone can pencil Stud into a top 9 role on this team.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I hope so, as of right now he shouldn't be there.

Haula is just a couple of Covid restricted seasons away from a 29 goal year. He's not a top six but he will be a very good third line Center. If Stud steps up and proves his worth and beats Haula out or anyone else out on the top 3 lines, that's only good news, but there's no way entering camp anyone can pencil Stud into a top 9 role on this team.
I’m good if they start with this team and see how evolves and unfolds and address

but the bottom line is if Donny is reading this ‘I want Tomas ******* Hertl’

get it done !!!!! It’s not rocket science

give him number 84 and watch the magic happen

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

If I have one main gripe about Cassidy this is it: young players generally have to do twice as much as what is expected out of a veteran in order to get ice time with him (unless he has run out of options). He kept wheeling Kuraly out there game after game last season even though most nights he brought very little to the table except decent penalty killing. Stud/Fred could have taken that spot and even if they had growing pains it could hardly have been any worse.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
If I have one main gripe about Cassidy this is it: young players generally have to do twice as much as what is expected out of a veteran in order to get ice time with him (unless he has run out of options). He kept wheeling Kuraly out there game after game last season even though most nights he brought very little to the table except decent penalty killing. Stud/Fred could have taken that spot and even if they had growing pains it could hardly have been any worse.
When Cassidy took over after Clode he looked to open things up and try new ideas to a certain extent. Now, he seems to have embraced "Julienism" and has narrowed his vision to only want to trust veterans in most situations. It's worked out fine in terms of keeping the status-quo and continuing the success that started back when. Making the playoffs and winning the Presidents trophy is great but there also needs to be way more/better development of the young forwards in the pipeline. Can't keep trying to plug holes every year at the TDL by giving up on prospects and picks. By not giving young guys legit chances at succeeding here they also discourage the next wave of young players. While I don't like what the Bruins have done in general in the draft (pretty much until this year) I still don't think that they've gotten the most out of most of them either. Something needs to be done about how they develop these young forwards.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
When Cassidy took over after Clode he looked to open things up and try new ideas to a certain extent. Now, he seems to have embraced "Julienism" and has narrowed his vision to only want to trust veterans in most situations. It's worked out fine in terms of keeping the status-quo and continuing the success that started back when. Making the playoffs and winning the Presidents trophy is great but there also needs to be way more/better development of the young forwards n the pipeline. Can't keep trying to plug holes every year at the TDL by giving up on prospects and picks. By not giving young guys legit chances at succeeding here they also discourage the next wave of young players. While I don't like what the Bruins have done in general in the draft (pretty much until this year) I still don't think that they haven't gotten the most out of most of them either. Something needs to be done about how they develop these young forwards.

Just about every coach falls into this trap after a few seasons into their tenure with a team and I'd say it applies to every contending team's coach since a contending team is more concerned about winning and less so with developing at the main club level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad