Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
It wasn't meant to suggest anyone is coming back. It was meant to answer all he questions surrounding how they could possibly do it when it comes o the cap and waivers. That's what I tried to accomplish. Hope it helped at least one person understand because there is a lot of misinformation out there.
Sorry Dom. Not directed at you. I read your article and I understand what you’re doing. Those who think it’s impossible from a cap perspective, you’re showing how it could work.

Tuukka and Krejci are two of my favourite Bruins ever, but personally I’m moving on. I’m still holding out hope that something happens with DeBrusk.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
2 years 10m for Rask seems odd. With Ullmark signed at 5m I just don’t see it happening. Unless Ullmark completely implodes (and he very well may as he’s never played 40 games in a season). I’d hate to go into 2022-23 season with 10m cap hit in goaltending with Rask & Ullmark (and Swayman in Providence). I feel it’s time to move on from Rask

Dom’s analysis wasnt a proposal but a working example as to how it could happen in a Cap world. Since there is so much misinformation and misunderstanding out there.

btw….I agree with time to move from Rask unless there is an implosion.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Rask had the chance to shut the door in 2019 and he did not.

I love Rask and appreciate everything he’s done, he’s come up huge in big moments to either give us a chance or help us get there, but when it came down to it, he just couldn’t bring that elite level he is capable of. The collapse in 2013, the loss in 2019, the end of season clunker cop out, the bail to Europe etc.

I’m sure he had valid reasons for the latter, and everyone gets sick, but looking at the entire body of work and evidence - it’s just time to move on.

Rask would have won MVP if the skaters wouldnt have sucked and won this game 7. There wasnt even any sense about this series going to game 7 but the refs played a big part in that ..

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
the above deal for eichel may work if it's :
debrusk, coyle, gryzlyck, moore, & wagner for eichel
i would offer coyle as opposed to studnicka if i was bruins brass. (allows centre's to stay younger for the future )

This deal works if Peter Chiarelli was the Sabres GM...

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
bruins will certainly have a clear vision of rask's impact on there fortunes this season. How much he will be missed or not missed ?
will goaltending become a big concern for the first 5-6 months of season will certainly play out in front of there eyes. Time will tell.

Reactions: bbfan419

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
This Tuuka and Krejci talk is getting old especially with people holding onto the hope either one returns. You dont run a NHL team half the season with the hope that 2 older veterans return. It is not like Krejci is Kucherov and coming into the playoffs guns a blazing. Hell even Kucherov was supposedly a big question mark. Nevermind your veteran goaltender returning from hip surgery, this is not finger surgery or lasic surgery its his hip for crying out loud. Rask may recover fine, but are we depending no him in 2022? No way in hell, same with Krejci. These two were awesome Bruins and I enjoyed watching them but time to move on regardless of what Front Office is hinting at its a distractionary tactic to keep the discussion off the holes in the roster that have not been filled properly.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Studnicka couldn't crack our line up and now we have posters saying he is going to be our #2
Coyle has not been good as a Bruin other than three playoffs ago. Now he's going to slide into our 2c

We have lost Miller, Tinordi, Ritchie, Lauzon and brought in who? Foligno? The team was already getting bullied and now we have got softer.

18 million in cap space pissed away by DS and if anything, we have regressed from last season.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
That game 7 loss at home is the ultimate dagger. Cup in building and choke job. Kinda blame bruce should have put backes in game 7. Inspiration for the team to win it for him.

If they need to be inspired to get up for a game 7 they have bigger problems. Outside of game 2 vs Toronto, Backes was not good in the playoffs. The Bruins didn't cash in on all those chances in the 1st period and STL took advantage of their very few chances. f***ing sucks and I will never be able to rewatch that 1st period.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
This Tuuka and Krejci talk is getting old especially with people holding onto the hope either one returns. You dont run a NHL team half the season with the hope that 2 older veterans return. It is not like Krejci is Kucherov and coming into the playoffs guns a blazing. Hell even Kucherov was supposedly a big question mark. Nevermind your veteran goaltender returning from hip surgery, this is not finger surgery or lasic surgery its his hip for crying out loud. Rask may recover fine, but are we depending no him in 2022? No way in hell, same with Krejci. These two were awesome Bruins and I enjoyed watching them but time to move on regardless of what Front Office is hinting at its a distractionary tactic to keep the discussion off the holes in the roster that have not been filled properly.
I dont think anyone is "depending" on rask or krejci to come back and save the team, but it's hard to argue that adding these guys for free to the current roster wouldn't make the team stronger. Hell, even if Rask is the backup to Ullmark that would give us an amazing strong tandem in the playoffs.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Rask had the chance to shut the door in 2019 and he did not.

I love Rask and appreciate everything he’s done, he’s come up huge in big moments to either give us a chance or help us get there, but when it came down to it, he just couldn’t bring that elite level he is capable of. The collapse in 2013, the loss in 2019, the end of season clunker cop out, the bail to Europe etc.

I’m sure he had valid reasons for the latter, and everyone gets sick, but looking at the entire body of work and evidence - it’s just time to move on.
I'm so sick of these disgusting takes on him choking. Why is it we can find thousands of posts about how Rask choked but no one is saying shit like "its time to move on from Bergeron, Marchand and Krejci, 2019 was yet another example of these guys choking in a game 7 and failing to score more than a goal"

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I'm so sick of these disgusting takes on him choking. Why is it we can find thousands of posts about how Rask choked but no one is saying shit like "its time to move on from Bergeron, Marchand and Krejci, 2019 was yet another example of these guys choking in a game 7 and failing to score more than a goal"

100%. QFT

Reactions: BBBruins

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
My point is even with Krejci they already were a team that got bounced in the 2nd round the last two seasons... Why would that be different? The team needs to start officially finding his replacement, not hang onto the past, even if it means we suck.

This is strange reasoning. Replace "Krejci" above with Bergeron, Marchand, McAvoy or Pasta, and it's equally true. Also true, this team doesn't get to game 7 of the SCF 2 years ago without Krejci.

Without replacing Krejci with a better player, his return to the team would obviously and logically make the team better. Not the "saviour" to lead us to a Cup - no one's saying that. But who do you replace him with who's a better 2C, that would make Krejci's return unwelcome?

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I'm glad to know the Bruins are such a great team that they can turn down the services of an experienced, elite, Vezina-calibre goaltender should he be back in good health. Guaranteed Cup year for sure!!

Reactions: NDiesel

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
It wasn't meant to suggest anyone is coming back. It was meant to answer all he questions surrounding how they could possibly do it when it comes o the cap and waivers. That's what I tried to accomplish. Hope it helped at least one person understand because there is a lot of misinformation out there.
for what it's worth I think I basically nailed it a couple weeks ago with this post:
Former Bruins - Thank You, David Krejci: Returning To Czech Republic

sharing for no other reason than to pat myself on the back and because nobody replied at the time so it's nice to get some validation in the form of your post about it.

Reactions: NDiesel

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
This is strange reasoning. Replace "Krejci" above with Bergeron, Marchand, McAvoy or Pasta, and it's equally true. Also true, this team doesn't get to game 7 of the SCF 2 years ago without Krejci.

Without replacing Krejci with a better player, his return to the team would obviously and logically make the team better. Not the "saviour" to lead us to a Cup - no one's saying that. But who do you replace him with who's a better 2C, that would make Krejci's return unwelcome?

Why strange?

I didn't say Krejci's contributions weren't seen. He's just two years older than then. And we've had 2 very disappointing playoff showcases since then. The difference between Bergeron, Marchand, McAvoy , and Pasta? They are contracted and on this team. We aren't hypothetically talking about bringing them back. As for any of them, I'd trade any of them if it made the TEAM better, although I don't see a realistic trade there from another perspective. With Krejci, he's gone. Time to think ahead, not behind.

While it's 100% not all on Krejci, he ultimately wasn't the answer then, so I'm just suggesting that maybe, while he's still a good player, isn't going to be the answer now. He's off the team as of now, so it's not like we are talking hypotheticals now, we should be looking for his replacement, long term. Whether we make a trade, or we suck and draft one. I think Krejci at most makes our team as good as it was last year... which ultimately, just wasn't enough.

Organizationally, for better or worse has made many decisions (via trades/drafting) on the C position with the idea that Bergeron/Krejci were cemented in their spots for over a decade. We've had success with it, but there's a time to move on. And we hit that point.

Time to move forward. We've thanked Krejci for his time, he even officially told everyone his intentions, so there should be no ill-will.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I’d say it’s almost impossible to add anything substantial at this time. Bruins probably just roll with what they have and try and add a second line centre at the trade deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad