Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
It's definitely not all on the goalie, Rask in this case. But sometimes goalies reputations can be made by winning the right games or losing the wrong ones.

2 facts here, that are NOT mutually exclusive.
1. Rask was an excellent goalie and one of the statistical best in Bruins history for his duration on the team.
2. Rask was not a starter on a Stanley Cup winning team.

There's no debating either of those facts, but we can argue ad nauseam why either of them are facts.

I wouldn't debate those facts, but I would add 2 more facts related to the bolded sentence:
  1. Reputations are built on more than just facts; also mixed in there are perceptions and biases
  2. Despite what the stats sheets say, goalies usually don't win or lose games; it's a team sport. That's a fact.
I'm all for moving on, turning a page and all that. But if the point comes this season where this team could benefit from adding a good play-making centre and an experienced, elite goalie, and no other options are available (which, besides, would cost assets) I wouldn't want some "turn the page" narrative to stop the team from adding these pieces that could make them a better team.

Side note: Wouldn't it be hilarious if Rask wanted to return to the Bruins, they said no, and he signs with another team, and wins the Cup as a starter for that team.

Last edited:

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
If I remember correctly they were beat up pretty good. Did Pasta break his wrist or something? I was worried about his career if I remember correctly.

I think both Marchand and Pasta were hurt. Marchand got hurt in that stupid scrimmage game they held at Warrior and then Pasta I vaguely remember reading he got hurt in some off ice fall. I could be wrong though

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yep donny did his job bruce blew it with rask and his softies game 7.. Simple as that.

how do people still blame Rask for that series?????

its not based in reality, it’s the #1 thing a Bruin fan can do to make me completely disregard their opinion

Line 1. Line 1 alone. That’s who deserves the blame. Not Cassidy for icing one marginal player over another. Not Rask who was the best player in the entire playoffs that year. It is on the best line in hockey performing an absolute no-show 5 on 5 over 7 games (the bad stretch of playoff 5 on 5 for them was honestly longer than that, but those 7 games are the important focus of this discussion)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Fluto reporting in the Athletic yesterday that the Oilers are still interested in Jake DeBrusk.

Oilers are currently over the cap and will have $900k in space once they LTIR Klefbom with Yamamoto still to sign. Curious to see what rabbit Holland pulls out of his ass to make that work.
I would take a second rounder in 2022 just to clear positional and Cap space

JT Miller my prediction will be coming here in next 10 months

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Fluto reporting in the Athletic yesterday that the Oilers are still interested in Jake DeBrusk.

Oilers are currently over the cap and will have $900k in space once they LTIR Klefbom with Yamamoto still to sign. Curious to see what rabbit Holland pulls out of his ass to make that work.
Jake + $1.500,000. retained for Jesse Pu.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
That's a horrendously bad swap.
That's how little I think of DeBrusk going forward. I can't see Edmonton giving up a pick so take back as little salary as you can and dump DeBrusk. Archibald is a decent bottom six player (who had as many goals as DeBrusk last season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad