Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Why would we be surprised that we are in on Eichel? 25 yo franchise center who has been buried in a Buffalo grave yard. We need a number one guy. He is signed for his best 5 years. He is our best chance to help win a cup in the next two years. Bergeron plays 2nd line the next 3 years. Now shore up the D.
No rebuild
Swayman
MacAvoy/Carlo
Pasta/Eichel
Young and talented

You really think you’re getting Eichel and not giving up any of the above?

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Why would we be surprised that we are in on Eichel? 25 yo franchise center who has been buried in a Buffalo grave yard. We need a number one guy. He is signed for his best 5 years. He is our best chance to help win a cup in the next two years. Bergeron plays 2nd line the next 3 years. Now shore up the D.
No rebuild
Swayman
MacAvoy/Carlo
Pasta/Eichel
Young and talented

1-10M Cap hit
2-Price to acquire
3-Buf wanting even more to move him to Bos

Won’t happen.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Austin Watson has done his time with the league suspension and mandatory programs as well as with the law.

Since all of that went down, he's shown growth as a player and a person from all of the stories I have seen.

I have no issue with him coming here.

Nate Schmidt took a banned substance and got a hefty suspension. He learned his lesson. I'd take him here.

Taylor Hall's reputation was that he was a me first, lazy player. Turns out, all he needed was a place where there was stability and a place where he didn't have the weight of an entire franchise and fanbase on his back. I was wrong about him and from the sounds of it he has stuck to his word about wanting to be here in Boston.

What I don't want here are guys like Ryan Suter who are apparently an issue in the locker room as well as with the coaching staff. Going over guys heads directly to ownership is not cool. Also, hanging up on your GM and acting unprofessionally is also not cool.

At the end of the day, I am just a fan and if I want to support my team then I have to find a way to accept the move and give the person a chance to change a la Marc Savard and Taylor Hall.
It’s such an odd situation. Stories that Suter is a dink, yet someone posted a vid here recently of Bruce Boudreau basically slobbering all over Suter & Parise. One would think if anyone would know if he’s a d*** to his coaches it would be his former coach

Reactions: Alicat

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Hey David, this is Don Sweeney. Great news. We have signed Hallsy.

We would love to have you back as our assistant captain and core piece taking a shot at another Cup.

We are paying Taylor 6M per and Coyle $5.25 M and actually have the cap space but we want you to take $4 M

if I’m Krejci ‘go F yourself’

If they're asking him to take $4M, I'd be asking what they're going to do with the rest of the money. If it means getting a better LD or RW via signing or trade, you can probably sell him on it.

Reactions: Fenian24

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
If we can somehow get a deal done with the Coyotes without giving our first that would be great. They’re probably pushing hard for the first without their own this year.

I’d rather give up an extra prospect or two from our current prospects rather than the first. Gotta get in some new good bodies in our farm system, I think tonight’s pick is important to keep

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
It’s such an odd situation. Stories that Suter is a dink, yet someone posted a vid here recently of Bruce Boudreau basically slobbering all over Suter & Parise. One would think if anyone would know if he’s a d*** to his coaches it would be his former coach
Boudreau doesn't strike me as a guy who will speak ill of anyone in public especially if he still wants a job back in the league.

I do agree that it is an odd situation.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Agree, Ristolainen blows. Fans get caught up in name hype

He is not horrible

Sabres are

Risto is physical/edgy. Good size, skating

Put him on a better team and I bet it looks better

Its the same with Dahlin. He doesnt look like a 1st pick overall pick most of the time. Hall was peasant to cinderella when he played for Sabres vs Bruins. Its like there is a constant black cloud above their team

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
He is not horrible

Sabres are

Its the same with Dahlin. He doesnt look like a 1st pick overall pick most of the time. Hall was peasant to cinderella when he played for Sabres vs Bruins. Its like there is a constant black cloud above their team
He is absolute garbage. Even his facial hair is garbage.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
He is not horrible

Sabres are

Every game I watched of the Sabres, Dahlin still looked real good - basically, all I ever noticed was how him and Reinhart basically carried the team (I also really liked what I saw from Asplund). Yes, Risto could look better over in Philly, but I'm with a lot of people here who see him as a poorly skilled defender who's big and can hit.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I would trade Gryz for Garland

Then sign Suter, Yandle, and Martinez

Let Mac run the first PP with either Sutter or Yandle then have the other two on the second PP. The young D we have aren’t going to cut it.

Mccavoy-Martinez
Carlo- Suter
Yandle- Clifton

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If they're asking him to take $4M, I'd be asking what they're going to do with the rest of the money. If it means getting a better LD or RW via signing or trade, you can probably sell him on it.
Agree, if you can get some kind of guarantee from Sweeney that the money Krejci is leaving on the table isn't going for another pool for one of Monty Burns' mansion I would think he would take it.

Carolina has shown they have no desire to spend money which is the only other team I think he would be interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad