Your pick for worst team in the league this season?

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
Wonder what the odds of Vegas finishing 31st are? Would that be as surprising as them getting to the final?

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
The Rangers have actively said they are rebuilding and their fire sale was particularly aggressive last year. No reason to think they won't continue to blow the team up. I think they are a sleeper for last place.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
I mean, it has to be right?

With all the other bad teams in the east it's the only possible outcome. They're not even the worst team, but with Detroit, Ottawa, Rangers, montreal etc splitting points with each other Van doesn't have a lot of competition out west, although i'm not as high on the Coyotes as a lot of people.

This pretty much sums it up.Which western conference teams are we going to get points from,never mind beat outright? Every other team has upgraded in the off-season or made lateral moves to stay competitive,while we lost 3 of our top 5 scorers and replaced them with overpaid 4th liners and left our putrid defense as-is.Our best player in pre-season was a 19 y/o rookie,after that we have one decent line and the rest are probably 4th liners or waiver material on a good team.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
It is certainly going to be a team north of the border.

Take your pick from Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa. They are all putrid.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Vegas is my sleeper pick, their best d-man got caught popping vitamins followed by a lot of bottom pairing d-man. Flower is due of his usual slow season.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Vancouver or Ottawa. I don't think either have much talent past maybe 3 or 4 players, and they don't have the reliable goaltending to bail them out. Montreal atleast has that. Arizona might have that and has more depth than either team. Sabres are a true wild card, they have played below their expected talent level and lost ROR but added Dahlin, and I have no idea if Hutton or Ulmark can be a competent starter.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I feel there are too many bad teams this season specially in the east

Ottawa
Habs
Detroit
Vancouver
NYI
NYR

Potentially Buffalo, Phoenix and an ageing Anaheim

Is everyone assuming Edmonton is somehow going to be much better?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ottawa, Vancouver or Detroit. They simply don't have quality goaltending that will steam them wins like you will get occasionally with Montreal, Arizona and the Rangers.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Montreal isn't good, but they're not even remotely close to being the worst in the NHL.

Wouldn't surprise me if the rags bottomed out completely, but we'll see.

Like many, I'm inclined to say Ottawa will be worst due to the last 3 months of their tire fire being out of control, but I look at the rosters &, pound for pound, Vancouver are still worse and their tire fire is still quietly blazing. Vancouver's front office is just as big of a mess and their owner is just Melnyk with money. The way they unceremoniously cut Linden is a harbinger of things to come.

This year Vancouver are pinning everything on Pettersson, Horvat & Boeser, but Boeser doesn't look the same and still looks like he's recovering. He had an awful pre-season and he's going from playing with guys like Henrik & Daniel who commanded the opposition's attention to now everyone will go at him with out any worry. The lose of the Sedins is going to be bigger than some are thinking (and they were trash last year WITH them. Now imagine them without and they replaced them with nothing), This is going to be an absolutely terrible hockey team especially if/when Tanev goes down.

Last edited:

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Tough to fathom how Ottawa and Vancouver won't both finish at the bottom of the league. Not sure which one will finish dead last, but I'd guess the Sens because then they'll have the best shot at first overall in the draft, and we all know that Vancouver never gets first overall in the draft. Simply does not happen.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad