Your Next Coyotes Jersey

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
If it said "Taylor Swift" on the back, it'd be weird. But it says "Swift" ... I don't see the issue?

It's no more obnoxious than people who get their own names on their jersey -- it's one of many things I wouldn't do myself, but whatever.

I'm totally cool with people getting their own name put on a jersey. Chances are, you'll never get traded. lol

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Its fine until someone decides it stands for Swift Transportation and blindsides you...

krepitch

Coyote Fan
Jul 15, 2009
Phoenix
If it said "Taylor Swift" on the back, it'd be weird. But it says "Swift" ... I don't see the issue?

It's no more obnoxious than people who get their own names on their jersey -- it's one of many things I wouldn't do myself, but whatever.

If I saw it, I would just assume the person's name was Swift.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Its fine until someone decides it stands for Swift Transportation and blindsides you...

Haha, this is the first thing I thought of when I saw the jersey. I cringe every time I see a swift transportation truck on the road. And I see no problem liking Taylor Swift, or buying a Taylor Swift jersey.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Him getting a taylor swift jersey is not a big deal. Most people are probably going to assume it's just his last name anyways. If he wants to spend money on merchandise from our team, which needs every penny it can get, I say good on him.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Yep, If I saw him around the Job my first thought wouldn't be T Swift. I'd just think it's his last name.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Leave him alone guys. He's helping us out can't you see? Los Angeles has a "Quick"....the Ducks have a "Fasth"....the Coyotes now have a "Swift" :sarcasm:

Seriously though, why is it such a big deal that he has a Swift jersey? So he's fanboy, at least he bought a jersey, a customized/more expensive one at that. More than some of you can say.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Leave him alone guys. He's helping us out can't you see? Los Angeles has a "Quick"....the Ducks have a "Fasth"....the Coyotes now have a "Swift" :sarcasm:

Seriously though, why is it such a big deal that he has a Swift jersey? So he's fanboy, at least he bought a jersey, a customized/more expensive one at that. More than some of you can say.

Think we'll see any Gosbee jerseys this season?

Personalized is one way to go - confuse the noobs who'll come out...

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'm not sure where you're getting the "big deal" from as it's most certainly not a big deal. He posted it and now people are making comments on it. Sure some of it is not positive press but this isn't a daily affirmation site. If someone doesn't want opinions on the decisions they make, they don't post those decisions on a message board. However he did so now he's hearing people's opinions on it, that's all. :nod:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yep, If I saw him around the Job my first thought wouldn't be T Swift. I'd just think it's his last name.

If I see him around the Job in that Jersey I'm gonna say "HEY TRICIA" while pointing and people are gonna look at me weird.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I'm not sure where you're getting the "big deal" from as it's most certainly not a big deal. He posted it and now people are making comments on it. Sure some of it is not positive press but this isn't a daily affirmation site. If someone doesn't want opinions on the decisions they make, they don't post those decisions on a message board. However he did so now he's hearing people's opinions on it, that's all. :nod:

I'm not being serious, I thought people would gather that from the post. I'm giving people a hard time because they are giving him one. That's allll folks!

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
Only jersey I have is a Zigomanis one I bought back years ago when I had money to drop on jerseys. I know he wasn't a superstar or even a long term player but I liked the way he played. To me getting one with his name was just a nod to all the guys on the rest of the team that grind it out every day and don't get the recognition or respect of someone like Doan.

If I were to get one now I'd probably pick up a Korpikoski or Stone jersey. It would be nice to own a Doan one at some point too.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
With ownership finally settled, totally getting my first jersey now: a Doan alternate. Would like to pick up OEL and Yandle jerseys too sometime down the line.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
This thread kind of reminds me of an old radio argument that went on about 10 years ago at a sports show in Toronto.

Do you just wear blank jerseys with no name or number?
The number of your favorite historical player with no name?
The number with both name and player?
Or just choose to wear pullovers, etc..

Personally I've always worn pullovers or jerseys with just a number. There's just something about wearing a jersey with another man's name on the back of it that just sounds wrong... That's why the good old RedSox #9, RedWings #9, Bruins #4, etc... Always seemed a better deal.. Historical types..

So getting to my question.. Do you guys feel odd wearing a jersey with another dude's name on the back of it? I dunno. Maybe Im old school. I just think it's odd. I just always though jerseys were for kids or puck bunnies and the worst would be a guy running around in a Raffi Torres, Darcy Tucker or Kirk Maltby jersey...

no offense if you own one of those...

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
So getting to my question.. Do you guys feel odd wearing a jersey with another dude's name on the back of it?

I did that one time. Kurt Warner. 6 months later he was no longer a Ram and became a Giant. Decided I would never buy a jersey with anyone's name but my own on the back (even after Warner ended up here in AZ of all places).

What's funny is, there is a fairly prominent NHL player with whom I share a surname - I kinda hope he ends up here someday but it'll probably never happen (his name did come up in a thread on here once, though)

MP

Feb 8, 2008
I just always though jerseys were for kids or puck bunnies
This. I wore a blank jersey to games for years, but as I got older I started to feel a little bit silly. Not that you can't or shouldn't do silly **** at hockey games.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I personally feel a little uncomfortable wearing a hockey jersey in public. Even to games. Still, I don't think anyone else looks weird. I have never, ever judged anyone else for wearing a Yotes jersey to a Yotes game. I just feel a little...insecure(?) when I personally wear one out. Even though I'm more than happy to wear one at home when watching a game with buddies. I don't know what my problem is.

I've got a zip up hoodie that my wife sewed a Coyotes patch to the front of. I wear it with a Coyotes shirt visible underneath it. That's my support the team in public get up. Hoodie and t-shirt is enough support for me, while still feeling like me. Haha.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
I personally feel a little uncomfortable wearing a hockey jersey in public. Even to games. Still, I don't think anyone else looks weird. I have never, ever judged anyone else for wearing a Yotes jersey to a Yotes game. I just feel a little...insecure(?) when I personally wear one out. Even though I'm more than happy to wear one at home when watching a game with buddies. I don't know what my problem is.

I've got a zip up hoodie that my wife sewed a Coyotes patch to the front of. I wear it with a Coyotes shirt visible underneath it. That's my support the team in public get up. Hoodie and t-shirt is enough support for me, while still feeling like me. Haha.

I think I might guess at your problem. You obviously have jerseys in your closet, and you like to wear them in front of your buddies at home, but not in public. In your own time, but the sooner the better, you need to come out, and declare yourself proud to be a Coyotes fan, instead of hiding in the home. There is nothing to be ashamed about. Are your buddies jerseys also in the closet or are they comfortable being Coyotes in public?

Sure, not every man is a Coyotes fan, and some insecure, Coyote-phobic men might jeer you for being one, but hell man, its the 21st Century, into the second decade. If you can't walk the streets of Phoenix, and say out loud, "I am a COYOTES fan, and PROUD to be one!" then there is no help for you, and you're beyond hope.

Come on, man. COME OUT. Declare yourself with PRIDE.

Maybe what we need to do is organize a COYOTES PRIDE parade this fall; to encourage all the men hiding their coyotes jerseys behind closed doors and draped windows... to join us in the street and declare their orientation to the world.

Don't be ashamed to admit your Coyotesuality, rt!

and yes, my tongue is firmly planted in cheek... in my mouth.

Get your minds out of the gutter, fellas! :naughty:

COYOTES PROUD, IS COYOTES LOUD!
(PS I do not think the current home uniform is too flamboyant...the one with the flying Coyote on the chest though... maybe)

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

It's weird really but there's a lot of guys who feel that way.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
It's weird really but there's a lot of guys who feel that way.

I don't know any but I take your word for it. Trying to relate... I don't like to wear ties, but I guess I don't mind guys who do. Bola ties though, I don't know anyone who likes to wear a bola tie. Besides Joe Arpaio anyway and I don't know him only know of him.

Maybe guys who don't like to wear jerseys should try wearing a tee shirt under it...? reduce the chaffing? :)

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Maybe guys who don't like to wear jerseys should try wearing a tee shirt under it...? reduce the chaffing?
I always go long-sleeve, polyester athletic shirt (gym shirt) under jersey with flip flops. Those shirts breathe well enough to not be super-hot while waiting for your Chipotle steak bowl but they help a little bit if it's cold in the building.
Come on, man. COME OUT. Declare yourself with PRIDE.

Don't be ashamed to admit your Coyotesuality, rt!

COYOTES PROUD, IS COYOTES LOUD!
(PS I do not think the current home uniform is too flamboyant...the one with the flying Coyote on the chest though... maybe)
The home reds sold out at the end of the year and the road whites were only available in S and XXXL, so I'm rocking the #18 flying Coyote. I feel like it's a lot LESS flamboyant than the giant, howling Coyote head. That said, I was leaving work before my second game (maybe LaBarbara's Kings win in April?) and one of the old retirees who comes on base to buy tax-free booze howled at me from across the parking lot.

:facepalm:

Love the enthusiasm, but :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad