Your Next Coyotes Jersey

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I personally feel a little uncomfortable wearing a hockey jersey in public. Even to games.

At my age, I do every so often flash back to an episode of Scrubs where Dr. Cox's wife is giving him crap for being a 40-something man still wearing a hockey jersey.

Oh, well.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I don't feel uncomfortable wearing a hockey jersey in public, though that's only if we don't mean it in the literal/physical sense. Wearing a hockey jersey in public considering Arizona's typical weather most of the year would indeed be quite uncomfortable.

Granted, I'm only 27.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I don't know any but I take your word for it. Trying to relate... I don't like to wear ties, but I guess I don't mind guys who do. Bola ties though, I don't know anyone who likes to wear a bola tie. Besides Joe Arpaio anyway and I don't know him only know of him.

Maybe guys who don't like to wear jerseys should try wearing a tee shirt under it...? reduce the chaffing? :)

It's actually a big deal in the South even at football games. Men generally wear shirts, pullovers, etc, before jerseys. Personally I wear pullovers to hockey games. I think it's a rink thing for me. Just always have. The only jersey I own are generally memorabilia. Now the ex wife? She had plenty. Everyone she ever bought, the guy would get traded.

It was an interesting poll they had on that show. I was surprised so many guys wouldn't wear a jersey.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
That said, I was leaving work before my second game (maybe LaBarbara's Kings win in April?) and one of the old retirees who comes on base to buy tax-free booze howled at me from across the parking lot.

:facepalm:

Love the enthusiasm, but :facepalm:

That could have been me. Comes a time when you just don't give a crap. I'm 51, so I'm not trying to impress anybody. The wife has been with me for 25 years this December so I'm pretty sure she doesn't mind too much. The kids put up with it too, It's good to be the king.

I also delight in howling in the stairwells after a win at the Job. People always howl back.

I wear a Doan jersey. Can't go wrong with that.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I don't mind the 'having a guy's name on your back' thing. Their status as a pro-athlete rationalizes it in my mind I guess, which definitely wouldn't happen if, for example, I found out the last name of that guy on the light rail and put his name on a jersey.

I only wear my Yotes jersey (sans a name and number, for now) at Yotes games. I've got a couple soccer jerseys as well. Those fit me a lot better, so I'm more likely to wear them casually. Even then though, I'll only wear one of them if the occasion calls for it (i.e. match day in the playoffs), and the other I've only worn while playing on my indoor soccer team. The latter (a white Germany Mesut Ozil jersey) will be pulled out a few extra times next summer during the World Cup.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I don't mind the 'having a guy's name on your back' thing. Their status as a pro-athlete rationalizes it in my mind I guess, which definitely wouldn't happen if, for example, I found out the last name of that guy on the light rail and put his name on a jersey.

I only wear my Yotes jersey (sans a name and number, for now) at Yotes games. I've got a couple soccer jerseys as well. Those fit me a lot better, so I'm more likely to wear them casually. Even then though, I'll only wear one of them if the occasion calls for it (i.e. match day in the playoffs), and the other I've only worn while playing on my indoor soccer team. The latter (a white Germany Mesut Ozil jersey) will be pulled out a few extra times next summer during the World Cup.

I walked into a bar in Amsterdam once and had no idea some World Championship soccer thing was going on. There's all these crazy soccer hooligans in total uniform.. Kleets, shin guards and all. Talk about fandom. I thought the darth raider guy in Oakland was a bit of a fanatic. These guys were nuts.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon

Soccer jerseys were my souvenir of choice while I lived in Germany, so the collection is absurd, and the style of soccer jerseys -- number only on the back, usually short-sleeve -- makes them easy to wear in most social situations. If you ever run into me at a bar, chances are I'll be wearing someone's soccer jersey.

If you think a jersey is strange, what do you think about GOING to hockey games? You're paying money to watch guys skate around. What is THAT?

I walked into a bar in Amsterdam once and had no idea some World Championship soccer thing was going on. There's all these crazy soccer hooligans in total uniform.. Kleets, shin guards and all. Talk about fandom. I thought the darth raider guy in Oakland was a bit of a fanatic. These guys were nuts.
Full Kit ****ers is what they call people in England who walk around town in a full jersey. Soccer shirt and jeans? Cool. Adding soccer shorts? Ehhh .... Adding tall, full-length socks? Dude ... no.

http://richardp1975.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/full-kit-****ers/

Edit: really? ****** is filtered? It's the British slang that rhymes with canker.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Went to the Yotes-Canucks this past March down there, my only visit last season. Had way too many beers, went to the team store for a tshirt and ended up buying the full blown named jersey. Good thing for credit cards. Wife was very happy.

Anyway. Boedker. Hope I don't regret that one. Damn beer.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Added KY3 to the collection tonight ... should be good for the next couple years ...

picture.php

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
How did owning a Moss one come about? Just wondering; he's not exactly winning any fan-favorite contests.
You're telling me ... his name wasn't even on the wall at the end of last season; I had to ask for it like it was a customized jersey with some random name on there. "Yes ... M - O - S - S ..."

I've been an active, engaged, knowledgable* hockey fan for about 13 non-consecutive seasons, and in 12 of them, my team has been coached by either Ken Hitchcock or Dave Tippett. Looking at that list of players, their influence on my hockey brain should be pretty obvious. Sturdy, two-way forwards and slick, puck-moving defensemen are my favorite skaters.

* = debatable

Marian Hossa Thrashers jersey. I like it.
RIP Thrashers :(

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Marian Hossa Thrashers jersey. I like it.

That's a nice pick up.

Hard to even remember him playing for the Thrashers sadly. Seems like he has always been a Hawk. Definitely not the case though.

Matsi

got paws?
Mar 22, 2005
Chiricahua Mountains
I have the following

- alternate (green) Teppo Numminen jersey
- alternate (green) Shane Doan jersey
- alternate (green) blank jersey, with nameplate/number set of Juha Ylonen

would love to have an alternate (leaping coyote) Ray Whitney jersey. Too much bucks right now, though, since I won't be wearing it often enough. Yet I'd still love to have one. :)

BigGumby

Apr 20, 2012
Moon Valley
I have been consistently disappointed after purchasing jerseys of current players recently. It seems that after I purchase them, either the player leaves, gets hurt, or plays terribly. This is why my next jersey will likely be a Doan jersey, possibly a throwback kachina.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Throwback jerseys are always safe bets. And nice nods to the past, as long as player X didn't screw over team X.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad