Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
Have the following
3 white Kachina jerseys with AWA era team sigs on them
Black Kachina authentic jersey with an A Doan
Green 3rd Jersey blank
Black Roenick Kachina Jersey
2 Doan red home jerseys 1 signed and put away for my game room when I win the powerball.
1 authentic signed Ballard jersey, normal jersey to wear these days
Thinking about OEL for a black 3rd. I just want to get the most letters for the kit. I also would like a Smith jersey

I also have a Mustangs jersey, an ICP jersey and a White cheesy whiteout jersey

To the guy with the Swift jersey I would do T Swift. Worst ethical dilemma won Suns suite tickets last year 3 doors down from the Swift Suns mega suite. I got there early and watered the plants so to speak. Saw the ***** later that night too took everything not to go in and mouth off to him. Sadly our suite did not have enough beer to make the Suns interesting or to inspire beer muscles and beer mouth.

Kinda hope he gets hit by a truck..... would just seem fair.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Throwback jerseys are always safe bets. And nice nods to the past, as long as player X didn't screw over team X.
I've always been on the fence about them ... I bought my dad a Red Wings Alex Delvecchio shirt for his birthday a few years ago and he loves it. The shirt is a "throwback," but it's not for him -- it's a hockey player he idolized in his teens and 20's. For ME to wear an Alex Delvecchio shirt though? Ehh ...

To the guy with the Swift jersey I would do T Swift. Worst ethical dilemma won Suns suite tickets last year 3 doors down from the Swift Suns mega suite. I got there early and watered the plants so to speak. Saw the ***** later that night too took everything not to go in and mouth off to him. Sadly our suite did not have enough beer to make the Suns interesting or to inspire beer muscles and beer mouth.

Kinda hope he gets hit by a truck..... would just seem fair.
Dude ... what?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I've always been on the fence about them ... I bought my dad a Red Wings Alex Delvecchio shirt for his birthday a few years ago and he loves it. The shirt is a "throwback," but it's not for him -- it's a hockey player he idolized in his teens and 20's. For ME to wear an Alex Delvecchio shirt though? Ehh ...

Dude ... what?

He's saying that they should've had T SWIFT put on their jersey rather than just SWIFT.

Jerry Moyes owns SWIFT Trucking Co. He used to own the Coyotes. He's the one who went behind the NHL's back and put the team into bankruptcy in order to force a BK sale to RIM front-man Jim Ballsillie, who planned to force the NHL into allowing him to move the team to Copps in Hamilton Ontario by assuming control in BK and breaking the lease with COG. Not only that, but Jerry's terrible and sometimes underhanded business decisions are partially to blame for the Coyotes terrible financial situation around that time. Not only that but the NHL was rumored to have a deal all but struck with Jerry Reinsdorf (Chicago Bulls owner) that would have avoided the entire cluster **** of the last six years, and kept the team local, under stable ownership all of this time. Moyes didn't like his end of the deal and did the cloak and dagger BK action with Mr. Blackberry instead.

As a result, Mr. Moyes and his company SWIFT are not thought of fondly by many Yotes fans. The Snarky one you quoted apparently urinated in the plants outside of a Moyes suite at a Suns game and wishes he'd been drunk enough to tell Jerry all about it.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
He's saying that they should've had T SWIFT put on their jersey rather than just SWIFT.

Jerry Moyes owns SWIFT Trucking Co. He used to own the Coyotes. He's the one who went behind the NHL's back and put the team into bankruptcy in order to force a BK sale to RIM front-man Jim Ballsillie, who planned to force the NHL into allowing him to move the team to Copps in Hamilton Ontario by assuming control in BK and breaking the lease with COG. Not only that, but Jerry's terrible and sometimes underhanded business decisions are partially to blame for the Coyotes terrible financial situation around that time. Not only that but the NHL was rumored to have a deal all but struck with Jerry Reinsdorf (Chicago Bulls owner) that would have avoided the entire cluster **** of the last six years, and kept the team local, under stable ownership all of this time. Moyes didn't like his end of the deal and did the cloak and dagger BK action with Mr. Blackberry instead.

As a result, Mr. Moyes and his company SWIFT are not thought of fondly by many Yotes fans. The Snarky one you quoted apparently urinated in the plants outside of a Moyes suite at a Suns game and wishes he'd been drunk enough to tell Jerry all about it.
Gotcha. Familiar with most of this, but I haven't gotten to "the old owner's other business interests" in my Coyotes research just yet haha.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
Didn't Moyes also rent out from his Swift company a lot of empty warehouses and storages for extremely high prices to the team in order to write it off as team expenses rather than his company's expenses?

JTPoni23

Dec 26, 2012
Barrie, Ontario
Being a relatively new Yotes fan (July 1st, 2011 ;)), currently only have a Smitty home jersey signed by DT, Moss, OEL, Vizzer and Smith. Will be adding a flying coyote jersey this year though, either OEL or Smith. And then will be adding another jersey in 2014-15 if there are any changes. Got some Yotes tees and polos from my trip down there in March though, and I love the reactions from people I get when wearing them in public. Especially when I go to Toronto. :laugh:

Personally I love the throwback tees. Since the Sundin era there is no Leaf that I would actually spend money to get a jersey of other than Grabo, so I have stocked up on the throwbacks. I've got a Keon, Mahovlich, Horton and Salming. They're so awesome!

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Waiting for the potential new jerseys in 14-15 before I buy my next. Doan is a safe bet.
I never understand this. Is the point to be "current" to to have something you know you'll be happy with?

"The new" jersey makes you look like you just got here. I give massive Cool Points to anyone walking around the Job with a Numminen or a Tocchet jersey because they're essentially saying, "yeah, I've been here since 1998" or whatever. And isn't the current jersey associated with the best season in franchise history? Why wouldn't you want the 2012 Doan? We may look back at Shane Doan's 2015 season as one of terminal decline instead of one where he scored 50 points and led the team to the Conference Finals.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Already have the current home red, the kachina, and the old green thirds. Don't see much point in buying a duplicate of our current jersey.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I'm consciously putting Vrbata back at the top of my list for whose name I want on my jersey. Considering his stat line tonight it probably sounds reactionary (maybe it is a little tiny bit), but I've always loved the guy. I'll be happy showing some love for someone other than Doaner, OEL, and Smith... they've got enough jersey representation around.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I'm consciously putting Vrbata back at the top of my list for whose name I want on my jersey. Considering his stat line tonight it probably sounds reactionary (maybe it is a little tiny bit), but I've always loved the guy. I'll be happy showing some love for someone other than Doaner, OEL, and Smith... they've got enough jersey representation around.

Do it buddy, join the club. :cheers:

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio

I wouldn't call getting a Vrbata jersey reactionary. He's one of our best players and this is going to be his 6th year here. He's been at the top of my list along with Boedker for awhile now, but I just cant afford a new jersey at this time. (I want an authentic one.)

Sm4ckSm4sh

This is Atomic Love
Mar 12, 2010
Just bought my first Coyotes jersey. It's gonna be a 3rd jersey with Doan on the back. Super stoked.

Now Doan scores his first of the season! :yo:

Thinking of getting a home/Hanzal or Chipchura next

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I have an alternate Doan, Vrbata and one with my nickname on it. I have a red Yandle, Lombardi (which will have Domi) and an away Upshall. I think it's time I buy a new away, probably going to do Ekman-Larsson or Hanzal.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
I never understand this. Is the point to be "current" to to have something you know you'll be happy with?

"The new" jersey makes you look like you just got here. I give massive Cool Points to anyone walking around the Job with a Numminen or a Tocchet jersey because they're essentially saying, "yeah, I've been here since 1998" or whatever. And isn't the current jersey associated with the best season in franchise history? Why wouldn't you want the 2012 Doan? We may look back at Shane Doan's 2015 season as one of terminal decline instead of one where he scored 50 points and led the team to the Conference Finals.

I want to see what the new design is before I buy another jersey. I already have 10 - 6 old style 4 new style - and alternate wearing them to games. And I'm not counting the #99 one I have that I've never worn, never will wear, and would love to sell to a diehard TGO fan who just has to have another one at an exorbitant price. :)

Anyone else still have any of those cheap mesh Jovo jerseys they gave away a couple years back? I forgot we have 3 of those in the closet somewhere...never worn 'em to a game though...

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I want to see what the new design is before I buy another jersey. I already have 10 - 6 old style 4 new style - and alternate wearing them to games. And I'm not counting the #99 one I have that I've never worn, never will wear, and would love to sell to a diehard TGO fan who just has to have another one at an exorbitant price. :)

Anyone else still have any of those cheap mesh Jovo jerseys they gave away a couple years back? I forgot we have 3 of those in the closet somewhere...never worn 'em to a game though...

Is it kachina or red TGO?

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Is it kachina or red TGO?

It's the red one they gave a few years back to full season account holders for paying for the season. I have a JR autographed hockey stick they gave for the same reason a few years before that. And a watch, and a key fob that lights up (or used to) in other years... seems like the goodies have gotten smaller in recent years.... maybe the BK had something to do with it...

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
It's the red one they gave a few years back to full season account holders for paying for the season. I have a JR autographed hockey stick they gave for the same reason a few years before that. And a watch, and a key fob that lights up (or used to) in other years... seems like the goodies have gotten smaller in recent years.... maybe the BK had something to do with it...

Holy crap that's awesome. I don't even remember receiving anything last year.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Holy crap that's awesome. I don't even remember receiving anything last year.

Yeah I didn't get anything last year or this year but I'm on a payment plan now I don't know if they still do anything for folks who pay up front anymore that was pre-BK days for me when I did that lol (I did get 2 extras for the Oct 22nd game this year - that's something - don't want them to feel I'm ungrateful if they see this lol)

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I never did season tickets, only the Howliday Packs. For two years they gave us a couple autographed pucks (Doan, Lang, Upshall and Carcillo) and one year we got 2 Christmas ornaments with the Coyote head on one side and autographed on the other (Hanzal and Vrbata). Was cool to get something and it was during the NHL owened days. Weird that that is behind us.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Going to order this in 3 weeks:

4QlqB.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->