Your Next Coyotes Jersey

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Anybody going to get a Ribeiro? Still can't believe how stoked I am on him.
With that said, I am torn between Boedker and Ekman-Larsson, and I don't know whether to wait and see if we make any minor alterations to our current jerseys (speaking of which, I think this is the obvious end of our awesome PHX shoulder patch :(. )

So far I have a:
Kachina Tkachuk dark jersey
Shane Done pre-Reebok edge red home jersey
Signed authentic Keith Ballard pre-Reebok edge away jersey
Game worn, off the back signed Reebok edge Peter Mueller jersey that I still haven't been able to sell :(
Reebok Edge home Kyle Turris jersey :shakehead
and a blank Reebok Edge Alternate jersey.

I really like the look of our road jerseys, so I'm thinking my next one will probably be a road Ekman-Larsson jersey.

Also, I am thinking about getting my first non-Coyote jersey sometime soon. I have always followed the Canadiens since I started watching hockey. I like their team/history, and I love their jerseys.

What will your next be?

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I haven't had one since I was a kid, and I'm still trying to decided between a Hanzal or OEL jersey. :shakehead

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'm kind of ashamed of myself for not actually having a Doan jersey, it just doesn't seem right. I don't have anyone else either though, all my jerseys are non-personalized.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I can't really see myself buying one. If I did, I'd ONLY consider a Doan jersey, though. There's just no way he'd ever piss me off. If I bought a D-Backs, it'd be Johnson. If I bought a Cards it'd be A Dub. If I bought a Suns, it'd be KJ. I would be pretty upset to spend a fortune on a jersey and end up hating the player. If I were to buy, I'd only buy legends.

RABBIT

I'm kind of ashamed of myself for not actually having a Doan jersey, it just doesn't seem right. I don't have anyone else either though, all my jerseys are non-personalized.

I can't really see myself buying one. If I did, I'd ONLY consider a Doan jersey, though. There's just no way he'd ever piss me off. If I bought a D-Backs, it'd be Johnson. If I bought a Cards it'd be A Dub. If I bought a Suns, it'd be KJ. I would be pretty upset to spend a fortune on a jersey and end up hating the player. If I were to buy, I'd only buy legends.

I was an idiot with my Doan jersey. I got the Decade in the Desert patch, and I took it to a meet and greet and had the whole team sign it. Mind you this was years ago, so I have signatures like Nagy, Johnson, Saprykin, Comrie, Laraque etc. :laugh:

I want to get an authentic Doan home jersey, and have him sign it then frame it. It will be my prize possession.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I have the current alt jersey that I wear to games. It hasn't got a name/number on it yet, but I've been planning on getting the OEL kit when I have some cash to throw away.

Eventually I want to get a Doan jersey to put up on a wall... or somewhere else; haven't got a mind to wear it around.

The issue with these plans is that I love soccer more than hockey, and those jerseys are much cheaper.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Completely agree with the sentiment--twenty minutes after I heard he'd been traded to PIT, I bought a Morrow Stars jersey ... the book is written, etc.

Along that vein, he'll (presumably) never catch up with Doan, but how long until Yandle reaches legend status? Because I'm adding the home red to the alt black here in the next month or so and I'm leaning toward #3 ...

RABBIT

Completely agree with the sentiment--twenty minutes after I heard he'd been traded to PIT, I bought a Morrow Stars jersey ... the book is written, etc.

Along that vein, he'll (presumably) never catch up with Doan, but how long until Yandle reaches legend status? Because I'm adding the home red to the alt black here in the next month or so and I'm leaning toward #3 ...

I would wait another year or so. I think after we figure out what to do with all these defensemen, we'll have a better idea of if Yandle will be a lifer. I hope he is, I think he'll be our future captain, but I would imagine we will see his name jn trade rumors for at least another year or two until his fate is decided.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
My next one I really don't know. I own a home Yandle, alternate Doan, alternate personalized, away Wolski (ugh), Home Lombardi (ugh).

I'm going to wait until next year to see what the uniforms look like. I'll be picking up a Doan one for sure.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Went with a Yandle away jersey for my first one in years. I'm leaning towards a Vrbata jersey for my next one. Just have to decide which one. Probably home red because I don't have a current home jersey. In fact, the only home jersey I have ever owned is a pre-reebok red Nagy jersey. But the current away white is by far the best jersey we have had IMO. I might just end up with another.

I also want a Hanzal, Boedker, and Smith. I would like an OEL jersey if I didn't hate the number 23 so much.

rt

May 13, 2004
Now that I actually think about it...

I have a youth replica jersey from 1997. A black road Kachina from back when darks were roadies. My mom bought it for me. It was my 12th birthday present. Later she took me to the Coyote family carnival. I got it signed by Keith Tkachuk, Benoit Hogue, Stanislav Neckar, Trevor Letowski, Louie DeBrusk, etc.

Total random recall.

Thanks mom.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Now that I actually think about it...

I have a youth replica jersey from 1997. A black road Kachina from back when darks were roadies. My mom bought it for me. It was my 12th birthday present. Later she took me to the Coyote family carnival. I got it signed by Keith Tkachuk, Benoit Hogue, Stanislav Neckar, Trevor Letowski, Louie DeBrusk, etc.

Total random recall.

Thanks mom.
Oh man that totally reminds me of the time I went to one of those Coyote carnival events (or something like it) down by Tempe lake. I ended up getting a picture taken of myself and Danny Briere. It was hilarious because if you didn't know better it looks like he's taking his picture with me because of the sheer size difference. My big stupid grin kinda gives it away though. I should see if I can find it, I'm sure my fellow HF'ers would get a kick out of it.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I have three jerseys (red, dark kachina, and the old green alternate), but none with a name. As many have stated above, if I were to get a nameplate I'd want assurance that it's a long-term player, like Doan. Even if he were to leave, everyone associates Doan with the Coyotes, so it's a safe bet. Other than that, I've always really liked JR, and wouldn't mind getting a Roenick kachina jersey.

For jerseys in general though, I'd only really wear it to the arena. I've always found them to be a bit awkward and uncomfortable to wear. They make for some expensive wall-art though. In the last few years I've really become a fan of the t-shirt style jerseys, like shown below. More comfortable, accessible, affordable, and if the player moves on, it's not a big loss, just another t-shirt.

4AgDI7c.jpg

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I plan on buying one this season. You guys will probably make fun of the three options I'm considering, though:

1) McMillan, 42
2) Swift, 13
3) Rundblad, 2 (or whatever number he ends up being this season)

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
No more fun than you'll make of me for asking moosemeister and rabbit what they want for their Wolski and Mueller jerseys ...

But why 42 and 13?

If I ever see "Sinurgy" or "Andrew Donut" or "rt" or something on a jersey at the Job, boffo ... your beers for the evening are on me.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
No more fun than you'll make of me for asking moosemeister and rabbit what they want for their Wolski and Mueller jerseys ...

But why 42 and 13?

If I ever see "Sinurgy" or "Andrew Donut" or "rt" or something on a jersey at the Job, boffo ... your beers for the evening are on me.

42 is the answer to the ultimate question about life, the universe, and everything according to the book that my username is from.

13 is Taylor Swift's favorite number, i.e. her Twitter is @taylorswift13.

So, both would go along with the name.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I used to want a Vrbata jersey. Might still look into that one day, I like the guy. Gordon made my shortlist too, but that's out the window now. I'll give Korpi an honorable mention.

Cheers. I don't drink though, so I'd hand it to whoever I'm at the game with.
(Also, I can't ever imagine putting any variation of my name on a jersey, but eh.)

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I plan on buying one this season. You guys will probably make fun of the three options I'm considering, though:

1) McMillan, 42
2) Swift, 13
3) Rundblad, 2 (or whatever number he ends up being this season)
Swift 13...please don't. Please.

Will it count if it's clearly been hand written in white paint? :D

rt

May 13, 2004
For jerseys in general though, I'd only really wear it to the arena. I've always found them to be a bit awkward and uncomfortable to wear.

Agreed. I wear a basketball jersey about once a year when one of my knuckle head buddies informs me it's "jersey day", which is a day when a bunch of us out of shape, ridiculously pale dudes, approaching thirty years old put on basketball jerseys and go on a mid day pub crawl across the light rail path. We drink way too much, act way too stupid, and pretty much just humiliate ourselves. Too old to be that dumb. I’ve got one buddy who’s got two jerseys so he either lets me wear his Larry Bird Dream Team jersey or Steve Nash’s Santa Clara college jersey. Both are pretty cool. I’m going to buy a Kevin Johnson Dream Team II jersey as soon as I find one of the cheap Chinese knock offs that come in white. I’ve only been able to find them in blue. If anyone knows where I can get a white one, let me know.

I’ll also wear baseball jerseys if we are either going to the baseball game or going to a bar to watch a baseball game.

I’m not much of a football fan.

Hockey jerseys, though. Eh. I just kind of feel like a weirdo when I wear one in public. Oddly, I’ll wear them at home when I’m watching games, sometimes. I even make my wife put one on if it’s a playoff game. Haha.

Feb 12, 2003
My top pick would be a OEL jersey, and my runner up would be either Domi or Boedker. After watching those draft videos I've gotten very excited about Domi. It's one thing to draft a talented player, but the video they captured of him and his apparent interest in the team was something that bonds you to a player. If he wants to be here I want him to be here, especially after our Mueller's, Turris', and Wheeler's.

TheMurdocktor

102, Row K, Seat 4
Jul 11, 2010
Glendale, AZ
I want to do an OEL, but get the lettering and numbering on one of the old green jerseys.

Anybody got any hook-ups or knowledge on that info?

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
My top pick would be a OEL jersey, and my runner up would be either Domi or Boedker. After watching those draft videos I've gotten very excited about Domi. It's one thing to draft a talented player, but the video they captured of him and his apparent interest in the team was something that bonds you to a player. If he wants to be here I want him to be here, especially after our Mueller's, Turris', and Wheeler's.
Agreed on the Domi part. He wasn't my first choice, or even second choice, on who I was hoping we would draft. But after everything I have seen or read about his interest in playing for Phoenix I am completely behind this player now. Very excited to have him in our prospect pool. I'd wait to get his jersey until we find out his number though. He is apparently using 15 now, but if Klesla gets traded I fully expect him to switch to 16.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad