GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers, 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They took one of Schmid’s saves away lol. He only faced 47 shots.

Still good enough for .904% on the season (league average currently is .903%) and .922% in the month of November.

The decision makers really have some explaining to do, because even before this game Schmid was blowing away Vanecek’s November performance. Albeit in like a third of the starts.

I couldn’t believe when they flashed his game log of his November games on the screen during the game. That was embarrassing. I think we know the Devils management has no say in them flashing that. They would have told them not to.

Then again, I’m not convinced the people who make the decisions actually know how large of a disparity there is in the two’s play. If they did then they couldn’t justify the other guy playing so much more.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Yeah, something is absolutely up with Siegs and Marino; I don't know how they could be so strong last season but so off this year. Is it something that's changed in the coaching and they're having trouble adjusting? Did having Graves and Severson around allow them to slot into different, more comfortable roles? Is there a chance of injuries involved, given that the rest of the team is hurt in some way, shape, or form?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

Still good enough for .904% on the season (league average currently is .903%) and .922% in the month of November.

The decision makers really have some explaining to do, because even before this game Schmid was blowing away Vanecek’s November performance. Albeit in like a third of the starts.

I couldn’t believe when they flashed his game log of his November games on the screen during the game. That was embarrassing. I think we know the Devils management has no say in them flashing that. They would have told them not to.

Then again, I’m not convinced the people who make the decisions actually know large of a disparity there is in the two’s play. If they did then they couldn’t justify the other guy playing so much more.
We get .900 goaltending, we win lots of games.

TF1970

May 9, 2021

Then again, I’m not convinced the people who make the decisions actually know large of a disparity there is in the two’s play. If they did then they couldn’t justify the other guy playing so much more.

Literally just above that .900 line is all we ask for, am I right?

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
What even is this presser? Get this man a podium FFS.
IMG_8044.jpeg

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Yeah, something is absolutely up with Siegs and Marino; I don't know how they could be so strong last season but so off this year. Is it something that's changed in the coaching and they're having trouble adjusting? Did having Graves and Severson around allow them to slot into different, more comfortable roles? Is there a chance of injuries involved, given that the rest of the team is hurt in some way, shape, or form?

Part of it I think is that last years team was just so much faster and more aggressive defensively which really helped out the D. We lost a lot of team speed and you've got to play at a million miles an hour to play Lindy Ruff hockey to perfection. Last years team had that. This years team doesn't.

Reactions: My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Might be because they are more middle pairing guys being asked to be top pairing shutdown dudes.

This team probably needs all three pairings to play comparable 5v5 minutes but we aren't getting that yet

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Canes just lost in regulation to NYI

we're 3 points back of 2nd in the Metro with a game in hand lmao
End of the day, the uneven start doesn't change the fact that the Canes, Rags, and Devils are the three best teams in the division, and as long as the injury bug doesn't go absolutely insane (I mean, it already kind of has, but you know what I mean) then it's incredibly likely those'll be the top three teams by April.

EDIT: WHY DID YOU JINX IT.

As for how the team played in this game, I get it, there's no way to call a game where they give up 47 shots a strong effort (and, again, the veteran Dmen HAVE to step up more, no clue what's going on there), but Carter Hart was the biggest reason the Devils didn't have five goals potted before the last five minutes of regulation, they had a lot of strong play going on offensively.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I said it last game, it's an issue that a 20 year old Luke Hughes is legitimately our best dman this year. The veterans + Bahl need to get their heads out of their asses

I mean Dougie's been Dougie. The other guys do need to be better but even if they were better Luke would still be better than them. Like even if we got peak Marino and peak Siegs, Luke is still already just better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad