GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers, 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You just can’t take on the contract. Hamstrings you for years even at 50%. I’m all for riding Schmid for a bit and finding whatever goalie is having a hot year without a lot of term.
I don’t understand how people wanna blame the defense and Ruff’s system for the goalies here, then think Gibson is a possible solution.

Do people really think Gibson won’t play poorly here because we’re not as bad as Anaheim?

Gibson is about as much of a question mark in 2024 as Cory Schneider was in 2020. Cory Schneider played 1 more NHL game after 2020 and was signed to be nothing more than third string goalie/AHL goalie after being bought out here.

Gibson is right on the same path, only he’s 4 years younger than Schneider was in 2020.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
You don't think they're making the playoffs? Not sure I got your post.

No I do, I'm saying this year was an obvious step back already with the defense incorporating younger guys + division slightly getting better but insane injuries to 50% of the top 6, the defense being shredded to from it + Vitek being a pumpkin + Lindy's love for Smith+ Marino/Bahl/Siegs not touching last year's level/playoff level were things no one could've expected being issues this early on and they're still clawing their way that maybe it's better for them in the long run than just steamrolling the regular season like last year.

Camille the Eel

I don’t understand how people wanna blame the defense and Ruff’s system for the goalies here, then think Gibson is a possible solution.

Do people really think Gibson won’t play poorly here because we’re not as bad as Anaheim?

Gibson is about as much of a question mark in 2024 as Cory Schneider was in 2020. Cory Schneider played 1 more NHL game after 2020 and was signed to be nothing more than third string goalie/AHL goalie after being bought out here.

Gibson is right on the same path, only he’s 4 years younger than Schneider was in 2020.
Watching Schmid, I think he has it in him to be a No. 1 goalie in the league. One of Ruff’s jobs this season is to develop him properly, just like he’s developing Luke and brought Jack along.

Who developed Miller in Buffalo? Did he emerge on Lindy’s watch?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Watching Schmid, I think he has it in him to be a No. 1 goalie in the league. One of Ruff’s jobs this season is to develop him properly, just like he’s developing Luke and brought Jack along.

Who developed Miller in Buffalo? Did he emerge on Lindy’s watch?
I can’t say for sure who the goalie coach was there at the time he came up, but Ruff was there from the time Miller was drafted up until about a year before Miller left the team.

He definitely emerged while Ruff was the head coach there. Marty Biron was the guy between Hasek and him, but then he became expendable, both because his ceiling wasn’t as high as Miller’s and he was also close to 30 years old and Miller was only 25-26.

Miller didn’t come to the NHL full time until he was 25, but probably would have been up the year before if not for the lockout. He got some games the two seasons before the lockout though.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
This would be the play but the question is has there have been a contender who got a goalie at the deadline who became a starter for them come playoffs?
I mean it’s happened. Roloson going to the Oilers in ‘06 stands out (also then him going to Tampa in ‘11). Dubnyk for the Wild also come to mind (although they ran into Chicago in the playoffs).

I can’t say for sure who the goalie coach was there at the time he came up, but Ruff was there from the time Miller was drafted up until about a year before Miller left the team.

He definitely emerged while Ruff was the head coach there. Marty Biron was the guy between Hasek and him, but then he became expendable, both because his ceiling wasn’t as high as Miller’s and he was also close to 30 years old and Miller was only 25-26.

Miller didn’t come to the NHL full time until he was 25, but probably would have been up the year before if not for the lockout. He got some games the two seasons before the lockout though.
Buffalo’s goalie coach was Jim Corsi at the time.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I mean it’s happened. Roloson going to the Oilers in ‘06 stands out (also then him going to Tampa in ‘11). Dubnyk for the Wild also come to mind (although they ran into Chicago in the playoffs).

Yeah, I was more so asking than more so saying it's a bad idea due to time. I wouldn't mind it at all, would love a goalie who excels at 5v5 and stopping rush chances in a trade because playing in this system is hell for most goalies.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Sheltered isn't good enough. He needs to go to the AHL first to prove himself. He's not going to be ready for the NHL

If only there was some precedent of a highly touted, early pick defenseman spending two successful years in NCAA and then stepping straight into the NHL without any issues. As far as I know this has never happened, so no one could have seen this coming.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They either renovated the visiting locker room in Philly or built a new one.

The old one was dumpy and doubled as the Villanova basketball home locker room.

Reactions: My3Sons

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
The Farabee episode is why I hate Torts in a nutshell. He has some weird problem with Farabee, a guy so nice he literally worked the door all night for his teammates when he didn't get to play, then a reporter asks him about it and "he didn't listen" which is a contemptuous "f*** you, who do you think you are" answer to a reporter. "None of your business".

I liked when Brooks went at him a little bit with the Rangers, but I don't think he ever really got the best of him.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I wanna see McLeod drop that shoulder and drive the net more like he did tonight. He has enough speed to pull that off with teams napping on him. Even if you just flip the puck up in the air and pray it's a solid move for his skill level. Dude has lunch pail work ethic. Like a Holik/McKay throwback rock liner at times without the hitting. Make the most of your chances and keep the puck in their zone.

So glad Luke was ok and came back to not just play but win the game. Clutch.

With how Jack was fired up for Luke's injury makes me just wanna see Quinn complete the package all the more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad