Your favourite memory of Roman Hamrlik

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
had a cool conversation with his agent - former hab peter svoboda - who had a lot of interesting and pathetic things to say about gainey and gauthier - anyway back to hamerlik. He said roman s marrying a montrealer and will be living in montreal full time.

i can also 10000% confirm that Jagr has wanted to play for the habs the last 3 years and they have said no each and every time. The money wasn't the issue apparently. Svoboda (his agent) would have 0 reason to tell me otherwise. He's an acquaintance

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
had a cool conversation with his agent - former hab peter svoboda - who had a lot of interesting and pathetic things to say about gainey and gauthier - anyway back to hamerlik. He said roman s marrying a montrealer and will be living in montreal full time.

i can also 10000% confirm that Jagr has wanted to play for the habs the last 3 years and they have said no each and every time. The money wasn't the issue apparently. Svoboda (his agent) would have 0 reason to tell me otherwise. He's an acquaintance

Please do share what the agent had to say about Gainey and Goat, we're not usually privy to such insight. I mean, I do defend his hockey moves but I'm well aware that Goat was not an ideal GM.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Please do share what the agent had to say about Gainey and Goat, we're not usually privy to such insight. I mean, I do defend his hockey moves but I'm well aware that Goat was not an ideal GM.

Svoboda felt that gainey had lost it even before his daughter's tragic death. He felt also felt that they basically threw **** against the wall and hoped it stuck the year we had all that UFA money - the gomez, gio, cammy year. He said there were much better choices and ways to structure the team and that the two of them were this insulated duo that was out of touch with pro scouting and outside opinions. he called them the laughing stock and gauthier an excessively strange dude with 0 people skills. he likes what bergevin has been doing but not the moen signing or the briere signing - also thinks habs are still too small

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I too was very happy when he left, but there's 2 things that stick out to me.

1) his ability (like I use to love doing) of hating the brakes about 6 feet from the boards and nail the guy with his back. God I love those hits

2) You were able to to know what kind of game he would have with his very 1st shift. Either he

A) starts out flat and proceeds to suck for 3 periods

B) plays agressive and then looks like a #1 defensmen for the game.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Svoboda felt that gainey had lost it even before his daughter's tragic death. He felt also felt that they basically threw **** against the wall and hoped it stuck the year we had all that UFA money - the gomez, gio, cammy year. He said there were much better choices and ways to structure the team and that the two of them were this insulated duo that was out of touch with pro scouting and outside opinions. he called them the laughing stock and gauthier an excessively strange dude with 0 people skills. he likes what bergevin has been doing but not the moen signing or the briere signing - also thinks habs are still too small

The Gainey bit is equally sad and obvious - the man's image has been hyped beyond recognition, he brought the team up only to break it apart. The Gauthier bit made me laugh and... like him even more? He's just so gangling and awkward, and Dave Stubbs hates him I could never come to dislike the guy. :laugh:

712032_3a.jpg

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
THE TRUTH IS

he ALWAYS made his crappy partner look so good.

hamrlik-brisebois
hamrlik-dandenault

we were riding those combos for long stretches and they were okay.

hamrlik gave us the SECOND PAIR. ALL THE TIME. year after year.

props. things could have been worst if he wasn't around.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
Him and spacek did the job they where hired to do, nothing fancy but good around hockey, too bad people dont watch hockey before they post.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
The Gainey bit is equally sad and obvious - the man's image has been hyped beyond recognition, he brought the team up only to break it apart. The Gauthier bit made me laugh and... like him even more? He's just so gangling and awkward, and Dave Stubbs hates him I could never come to dislike the guy. :laugh:

712032_3a.jpg

lol i actually met gauthier because he constantly ate at this veggie resto called 'bonnies' on notre dame - just south of the bell centre. was a genuinely nice guy. but as many in the media and within org.- a total control freak. the takeaway from svoboda was that these two were in over their head, out of touch, with 0 perspective

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Yeah, Hamrlik was pretty solid for us over time. Yeah, he made the occasional blunder.. but it's no where as bad as Brisebois in his last year or Dandenault or even Bouillon now.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
My favorite moments of hammer were when he'd piss off whiskey seven with his slow but stellar plays.

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
Roman Hamrlik his positives out weight his negatives because of injuries he was used more in minutes then what he was brought in for and definitely did and still does take a lot of flake for this board

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
Hamrlik once said "Ženy jsou pěkné sem a párky v rohlíku chuť velmi dobrá."

That made me laugh cause its true.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

712032_3a.jpg

I have sympathy for Gauthier, because he has a pretty solid hockey mind, he just has zero people skills and is too arrogant to realize it's such a weakness in a head role. But his war on the parasitic media was something I already miss. Not a good GM by any means, but at least he had good ideas.

Gainey...Habs legend, great guy, should have retired from hockey long ago.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
THE TRUTH IS

hamrlik-brisebois
hamrlik-dandenault

Don't forget Harmlik-Spacek and Harmlik-O'byrne.

The guy was able to play a steady game and brough stability. Contrary to what some are saying, he was physical in the first two seasons, then a crazy workload, ice time and slowing down due to age made him softer, but still effective.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Is Svoboda an HF poster, by any chance? I feel like I've heard all that before, many times...:laugh:

number 11

Jan 11, 2008
Montreal
people forget hamrlik was our best defenseman when markov was out of the lineup. played big minutes and was very solid defensively.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
THE TRUTH IS

hamrlik-brisebois
hamrlik-dandenault

This is pretty much it, he wasn't flashy, or very talented, but he knew his job and did it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad