Your 5 untouchable?

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Nobody is untouchable. For a stupid overpayment.

But guys you would need brain damage to be intentionally trying to trade today.

Eichel, obvious, but because O'reilly was not fir many, he plays the hardest position in NHL hockey. And perhaps more importantly the hardest position to find capable replacements of. And he is a proven producer.

Dahlin, second hardest position and second hardest by a thread to replace. Already is a borderline elite ofensive producer, has the tools and the will to be elite defensively as well. Both pieces carry top 10-15 value in the league.

Reinhart, least valuable position, most proven player behind Eichel. Despite some posters concern, any long term deal for Reinhart will likely be a steal with in a year or two for a 65+ point forward who has shown two way game throughout his career.

Joker, team control, love his upside, love his defense and transition already. I have high hopes he could be the Vlasic to Dahlin's Burns, minus some differences.

VO, team control, great shot and multi-dimensional offensive skills. I think VO is likely a better player tham Skinner with Jack and would love to see that with Reinhart and Skinner on a second line.

Upl and cozens are prospects and your nuts to think they carry more value than young proven nhlers.

Skinner's contract will be brutal soon. I think its our best offensive piece to move and receive value if he was willing.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
1. Eichel
2. Dahlin
3. Olofsson
4. Jokiharju
5a. Cozens
5b. Pekar

Couldn't pick between Cozens & Pekar - I'm not letting either go anywhere...

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Nobody should ever be untouchable. Any GM that considers someone untouchable should immediately be fired.

Everyone is available for the right price

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
You can only name 5 players in this organization as untouchable.Who are you choosing?
Mine are.
1 Eichel
2 Dahlin
3 6K
4 Cozens
5 Oloffson

My list would be the same as this but I kind of assume Cozens and UPL would be untouchables. I don't think players that have never played in the AHL or NHL have much value.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Eichel, Dahlin - actually untouchable.

Reinhart, Jokiharju - practically untouchable. You want to trade Nathan MacKinnon? Okay, sure, Reino can be in that package deal. But that's just never happening, so let's not argue semantics over what "untouchable" means. As for Jokiharju, it's wild that he's only 20. But, generally, when you find players as good as these guys, do not trade them.

Cozens. I don't think its fair to put Cozens on this list, but I did it anyway because I really like his style of play plus his production in junior (production being the key there). Both of those things together give me hope that he can be a valuable NHL player. It was either him or Larsson.

I'll be kicked out of the union for this, but no goalie should ever be considered untouchable unless/until they start putting up consistent Hasek numbers in the NHL. If anyone wants your best goalie prospect in a trade, make that trade. Even the best goalies, with the exception of Lundqvist, generally have wild fluctuations in performance and struggle to maintain success from year to year. Then Matt Murray walks in and wins two Cups, and goes back to being bad again. It's a very hard position to play well, let alone play well consistently.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Eichel Dahlin Jokiharju Cozens 6K

Everyone else has a price. Oloffson an untradeably high one

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Eichel
Eichel
Eichel
Dahlin
Dahlin

This is the only correct answer.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Eichel
Eichel
Eichel
Dahlin
Dahlin

This is the only correct answer.

I agree.

Eichel and Dahlin are the only untouchables.

Anybody else can be had for the right deal.

Half of the roster can go for any deal

VO, Joker and Cozens are the next tier of guys for me if I have to put down 5.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm hanging up the phone as soon as his name is mentioned: Dahlin

We're never getting good value for him: Eichel

There is no realistic trade that improves us: Reinhart, Skinner, Jokiharju

I agree with this assessment, I’d just change the Eichel line to “you don’t trade MVP caliber players who are also the leader of your team”

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I only have 2: Eichel and Dahlin. Nobody else is untouchable.

There are a few other guys I have a very difficult time imagining us moving (any of our few good forwards + Cozens + Jokiharju), but I wouldn't say any of them was above being traded if the right deal came along.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I agree with this assessment, I’d just change the Eichel line to “you don’t have MVP caliber players who are also the leader of your team”
It's tough to gauge leadership on a bad team from the outside. If I was actually in charge and had a better idea I might have Jack in the first tier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad