HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Coaches buyouts don't impact the cap these guys are making bank. Keefe is gonna make more than 98% of players.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Horrible twitter post. Now let's see the same map for Dallas/NYR/Florida.
Dallas has around 11 Canadians players.
Panthers only have 8 Canadian players, but only 2 Americans.
Rangers have about 5 Canadians.

FYI, Toronto has 10 Canadians players. Nash has like 9. Islanders about 8. Avs, TBL, Jets and Caps around 7. Kings and Boston have like 5. Vegas had 11.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
That was a terrible draft year and Chucky went where projected. I'm gonna give the Habs a pass on that one
Where they don't get a pass is the vetting process. During the interviews I am convinced there were visible red flags regarding his family and how they controlled things. That's why interviewing is so important. Galchenyuk was mishandled by both the Habs and his meddling father.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki time soon.
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Down to the final four,been pretty much a yawner till now. Would not object to seeing a new playoff format.
These playoffs have illumined some players for the good and some for the worst.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki time soon.
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
everywhere Nicokeshkin
Yup! all players do smelling salts and who knew that El Chapo produced some:doh:

Screen_Shot_2017_10_19_at_8.48.17_AM.jpg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Let say JK is bought out.....maybe...just maybe....he's worth it on a 4th line salary?

He would be but he won't come back here and he shouldn't, the fans take on the poor kid for doing what was right for him is insane.. the fact they still drag on him and follow his failure around like a victory lap is just awful.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016

It's interesting reading this and thinking back to Marner's gods comment. Gotta think their locker room is cliquey.

It's awful enough working at a job where you do more than your fair share of the hard work, imagine making 1/10th of the salary of the lazy guy at work who gets all the glory and compares themselves to a god.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He would be but he won't come back here and he shouldn't, the fans take on the poor kid for doing what was right for him is insane.. the fact they still drag on him and follow his failure around like a victory lap is just awful.
I still wonder what he could with limited expectations.....I still feel he could be serviceable on a bottom 6. I hope they buy him out. And he does out west somewhere. We might be surprise.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I still wonder what he could with limited expectations.....I still feel he could be serviceable on a bottom 6. I hope they buy him out. And he does out west somewhere. We might be surprise.
I'm sure he could bounce back somewhere, maybe Chicago/San Jose. I don't really want him back because he seems very entitled, doesn't work hard enough to improve, and can't take criticism well.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Down to the final four,been pretty much a yawner till now. Would not object to seeing a new playoff format.
These playoffs have illumined some players for the good and some for the worst.
The reason it's been underwhelming is because too many teams are allowed into the playoffs. It will only get worse if they expand the playoffs. This year there were, as usual, 16 teams in the post-season. But some of them were so fraudulent they really had no business being there at all. The Isles, the Preds, the Caps and the Kings were all frauds. Not one of them stood any chance of winning the Cup. They could have just cut those teams out of the mix entirely and nothing would suffer.

Were it up to me, I'd go to a quicker and more brutal format. 12 teams make the playoff. Only 12 teams. The four 1st place division winners get a bye while the remaining 8 teams (2 seed vs 3 seed) play a best-of-5 series, with 4 games in 5 nights. Even if a series goes the full 5 games it only takes 7 calendar days to get done. The winners of those series play the division winners in a best-of-7 followed by a best-of-7 conference final and a best-of-7 final.

Having more than that isn't good, it's simply "more".

I realize that the NHL will never do this. In fact, I expect them to do the opposite and actually add teams to the playoffs. All that's going to do is make the playoffs drag on even longer and it will be just as tedious. But allowing more teams in generates more revenue by keeping fraud teams relevant.

• Wow
Reactions: dgeezus and Shred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad