Your 5 untouchable?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Sorry, it's just odd to me that some see VO as more untouchable than Reinhart. Sam is and will be a far more effective ES scorer than VO, and it's not like VO is much younger and has a steeper progression in front of him - VO is older than Sam. Anyways, the five most valuable players in the organization right now:

1a. Eichel.
1b. Dahlin

3. Reinhart
4. Jokiharju
5. Cozens

UPL would be my #6.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Sorry, it's just odd to me that some see VO as more untouchable than Reinhart. Sam is and will be a far more effective ES scorer than VO, and it's not like VO is much younger and has a steeper progression in front of him - VO is older than Sam. Anyways, the five most valuable players in the organization right now:

1a. Eichel.
1b. Dahlin

3. Reinhart
4. Jokiharju
5. Cozens

UPL would be my #6.

This matches my list, although I go back and forth between Skinner, Joki, and Cozens for the last two spots. Skinner's combination of even strength goal scoring and ability to draw penalties is such a premium level asset.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

1a. Eichel.
1b. Dahlin

3. Reinhart
4. Jokiharju
5. Cozens

UPL would be my #6.

People love goal scorers.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Eichel
Oloffson
Skinner
Cozens
Pekar

Before people kill me, Dahlin is not on that list because I believe he is the piece that could be moved to solve most of our woes.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
christ, can we once just participate in a thread without going all “meta-contrarian” People complain about this board saying the same things over and over again about the same 4 topics. Then a new “topic” arises and we have to dive into the same crap...

and OP; Eichel, Reinhart, Dahlin, Pilut, UPL.
If someone doesn't believe there are 5 untouchable players on the team, how is it contrarian to say that?

My untouchables would be Eichel and Dahlin. That's it.

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Eichel
Oloffson
Skinner
Cozens
Pekar

Before people kill me, Dahlin is not on that list because I believe he is the piece that could be moved to solve most of our woes.

I'd love a Rantanen, 2 firsts, and take Okposo off of our hands. Jack would put up 170+ points a year if he had a winger like rantanen, instead of the scrubs who still cannot finish the setups he creates every game

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I'd love a Rantanen, 2 firsts, and take Okposo off of our hands. Jack would put up 170+ points a year if he had a winger like rantanen, instead of the scrubs who still cannot finish the setups he creates every game
It would hurt and even more if he was to stay in the East

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Do you want our #1LD to be McCabe for another 10 years? Have mercy. We don’t even need to trade Dahlin or even Reinhart to solve our problems with the roster, we just need another GM to solve these problems. Sakic solved similar problems in one summer. We have something to trade, only Botterill constantly creates some garbage.

Reactions: EmeraldCitySabre

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Do you want our #1LD to be McCabe for another 10 years? Have mercy. We don’t even need to trade Dahlin or even Reinhart to solve our problems with the roster, we just need another GM to solve these problems. Sakic solved similar problems in one summer. We have something to trade, only Botterill constantly creates some garbage.
Ideally..

Pilut - Risto
Top 4 dman acquired in trade - Joki
McCabe - Montour

Then Johnson and Borgen in the wings

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I know the question says 5. Eichel and Dahlin are to me the only 2 slam-dunk "Don't even ask" untouchables. Skinner might be next.....but only because no would would ask about him due to the NMC and his contract.

There are some I'd demand a sky high price for......Cozens, Joker, Reinhart and UPL fall into that category.

But true untouchables? Eichel and Dahlin. That's it.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Eichel
Oloffson
Skinner
Cozens
Pekar

Yes, and trading him creates a problem on the left side which we had when we needed right handed defensemen. Trading a 19-20 year smooth skating defensemen with bite, makes NO SENSE. This is the typical, win now ONLY mentality.

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
Trading Dahlin might be good short term, but would be an epic disaster long term. Let's give the teenager a couple more years before we write him off as a bust. :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad