Post-Game Talk: Your 2016 Stanley Cup champions, the Pittsburgh Penguins (Parade 11:30 am WED.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Dumb question.. but I just can't remember and am too busy watching Stanley Cup videos to research. :laugh:

Was Sully given a contract when he was named Pens coach? Or will he receive a new contract?
Pretty sure he got a three-year deal when he was promoted.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Yikes.

Kornheiser trying to talk some sense into him, at least. According to Wilbon's logic, Kirk Maltby was better than Bobby Hull.

PTI is pathetic / the ultimate cliche. Talking head media-tards for sports, in a time slot where entertainment goes to die.
Those two don't know jack **** about hockey. However they know just about enough to fool the average ESPN / PTI fan, wha also know ****-all about the game.

No!

If he doesn't have a hot dog eating contest out of that thing with his family I'll be completely distraught.

I want to see that cup full of wienies.

Hey either way it works. As long as the Toronto media has to eat tofu, it's all good AFAIC.

This season has had a lot of "**** you" to the media going on and I love it.

Indeed. Much deserved and long overdue.

Commodore is a mess. His schtick is tired and boring.

That or he's lost his mind. Soft piglet and gay ground hogs. lol WTF

I had no idea he was one of those tweet guys saying crazy ****. I thought that market was cornered (at least in the hockey world) by Biz Nasty.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
BizNasty is a class clown type guy. Commodore is just like... A sad, bitter alcoholic who flies off the handle and makes a complete fool out of himself all the time.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
BizNasty is a class clown type guy. Commodore is just like... A sad, bitter alcoholic who flies off the handle and makes a complete fool out of himself all the time.

Ah. He's THAT guy. Like a drunken Charles Barkley of hockey. Although in fairness to Chuck he's not bitter generally speaking. But he does say a lot of stupid ****.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Is the NHL shop serious about not shipping the DVD to Canada??

I think they pulled that same ******** in 2009 as well. I remember getting my Cup champions DVD in 2009 on Amazon.ca

But seriously, for $45 Canadian for the DVD/Bluray combo pack, Shop.NHL.com can **** off for that price.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Just noticed that I had the 3 hour NHL Network SCF Media Day coverage on my dvr, burning that to a dvd now, and at the beginning they talk about how Letang wasn't at practice. Now we know why since he had that procedure on the infection in his foot before game 1. There will probably be some interesting stuff in this now with hindsight.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I think they pulled that same ******** in 2009 as well. I remember getting my Cup champions DVD in 2009 on Amazon.ca

But seriously, for $45 Canadian for the DVD/Bluray combo pack, Shop.NHL.com can **** off for that price.

Was debating it when I was getting my shirt and hat, then I switched to Canadian prices and was like screw that.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Just noticed that I had the 3 hour NHL Network SCF Media Day coverage on my dvr, burning that to a dvd now, and at the beginning they talk about how Letang wasn't at practice. Now we know why since he had that procedure on the infection in his foot before game 1. There will probably be some interesting stuff in this now with hindsight.

In light of recent information, I wonder if they were leaning towards keeping Letang out of game one. That morning press conference was pretty strange, you're not going to do that just so a guy can answer throwaway questions he missed the other day.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
How is chicago at the top. A declining Hossa leaves them with one line and yet again they are cap trapped and have 3 defencemen. I might just be ignorant and they could be better off than I think but i feel like those 10.5m contract extensions will really kill them. They got everything they could out of Keith and Hossa's cap circumventing deals.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
1905ottawasilverseven__1307051370_1891-1.jpg

Team picture of the last time the Flyers won the Cup.

Okay, that's just ****ing hilarious. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad