Post-Game Talk: Your 2016 Stanley Cup champions, the Pittsburgh Penguins (Parade 11:30 am WED.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
CkzgdoTWkAAvj_M.jpg

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Phil Kessel needs to take a selfie with him holding a hotdog next to the Stanley Cup and send it to Steve Simmons and the rest of the Toronto media.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Where is my new sad Joe Thornton gif?

I thought you got to see what Thornton could really do this series even if he didn't have the help. Pavelski was a no show and Thornton just isn't much of a shooter. He always knows what to do with the puck though and fends guys off down low very well. Might not have been a great series for him, but I got a good long glimpse of why he has so many points in his career. Incredible vision, great passer, and good size and strength to boot.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
biggest takeaway from this season:

Sharks fans legitimately do not understand the icing rule. It's really amazing. You're on the internet, people, pull up a wiki page or something.

ADDENDUM: Gary Bettman has no hand in the Conn Smythe process.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hilarious request, but any shots with Lovejoy and the cup?

Didn't notice him with it in on the nbc coverage.

I saw it but don't have a clip.. He seemed like one of the later guys to get it, but skated with it for a while and looked even more thrilled than most of the other guys.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
biggest takeaway from this season:

Sharks fans legitimately do not understand the icing rule. It's really amazing. You're on the internet, people, pull up a wiki page or something.

Ye the fans in the stadium had no clue how it works
Had to explain how the icing rule works to my friend I was watching the game with.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I have to say, Madden is trolling hard and I'm enjoying it. He's taking shots at the Flyers, Ovie, and now saying Sid cheats... at roller hockey.

:D

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The whole icing thing... the refs weren't falling for the SJ guys trying to buy icings all game long. That's the bottom line. The fans were clueless. But that's not a fight I care to fight.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The artist formerly known as Jaded approves.

It was why I was so positive this year, it was obvious that this team was different than other Pens' teams, but it became so hard to believe that they could actually go all the way.

Not only a great team but one of the most likable local sports team in my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad