Post-Game Talk: Your 2016 Stanley Cup champions, the Pittsburgh Penguins (Parade 11:30 am WED.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
Love everything about this.

Ck9C-V3UUAEOpSS.jpg:large

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I paid US$25 in shipping costs for my only just acquired Penguins haul but it was so worth it

It's probably not as bad as Australian prices, but shipping to Canada is ridiculous, especially considering we're attached to where a lot of our orders are originating.

I remember wanting to order a build a bear outfit and the shipping being more than the outfit (shipping was over $15)

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Boy do I disagree. I understand what you are trying to say, and you are going to try to apply science to it, but hockey works differently. When you see movement in hockey it opens up space. Levels of defense in limited space is what prevents any offensive movement. If they keep the puck outside, layer two has more space. If they try to cut off layer two, I think you see where this is going.

It creates a lot more of cutting lanes, which opens space in hockey. That's just my thinking.

I'm sure you've played on the Olympic ice at Neville, and every game I've ever played there has basically unfolded exactly how Big has said.

It depends how bigger ice is structured. If it's all width, I'm not sure how much it helps. I think you'd see defense structures change to not chasing those guys. If you add length in the offensive zone, I think it could help some. More space to cut through seems in front of the goalie.

Backing up the blue lines a bit could be something that is worth exploring, as it doesn't change the game that much.

I guess we know why Cassius hasn't been around

Hard to pat yourself on the back over that one

Welcome to HF. He has been that way since he started posting here. He will come back, proclaim how he was correct, and then make some other ridiculous prediction, which will be wrong. Cassius blocked me because I used to do exactly what you just did. He didn't like it.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Just noticed that I had the 3 hour NHL Network SCF Media Day coverage on my dvr, burning that to a dvd now, and at the beginning they talk about how Letang wasn't at practice. Now we know why since he had that procedure on the infection in his foot before game 1. There will probably be some interesting stuff in this now with hindsight.

I'm going to have to figure out how to do this. I have the game & a bunch of post-game stuff plus the parade today that I'm going to want to keep.

How is chicago at the top. A declining Hossa leaves them with one line and yet again they are cap trapped and have 3 defencemen. I might just be ignorant and they could be better off than I think but i feel like those 10.5m contract extensions will really kill them. They got everything they could out of Keith and Hossa's cap circumventing deals.

Recency bias is my guess. They're still a good team but I don't see any reason for them to be the favorites for the Cup next year aside from having won it so much recently (and weren't those all before the new Kane/Toews contracts kicked in?). Honestly if I had to pick a team out of the WC I'd be tempted to say Dallas, assuming they address their situation in goal.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm sure you've played on the Olympic ice at Neville, and every game I've ever played there has basically unfolded exactly how Big has said.

Welcome to HF. He has been that way since he started posting here. He will come back, proclaim how he was correct, and then make some other ridiculous prediction, which will be wrong. Cassius blocked me because I used to do exactly what you just did. He didn't like it.

1) :laugh: No... my hockey career extends past Neville. I do love that rink, though. My favorite in Pittsburgh, though, is the UPMC rink in Cranberry. Ice is beautiful.

2) You are lucky because that user has not shown his face since we won. The only time he did show his face was to say we were going to choke after Game 5 ECF.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just remove offside

Whether you are being sarcastic or not, I did have a bet with my brother that in our lifetime we would see offside extended to the red line for each team. Do I agree with it at all? No. :laugh: But I know the game will eventually have to evolve in some way.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Whether you are being sarcastic or not, I did have a bet with my brother that in our lifetime we would see offside extended to the red line for each team. Do I agree with it at all? No. :laugh: But I know the game will eventually have to evolve in some way.

Not serious and not sarcastic, really. Something will change eventually, and I think getting rid of offside is the least offensive, most simple change, compared to ice or net sizes, etc...

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
God, remember when two line passes were considered offsides? Doing away with that rule was supposed to be the big change that would really increase scoring.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
God, remember when two line passes were considered offsides? Doing away with that rule was supposed to be the big change that would really increase scoring.

be patient.

First we eliminate the two line pass.

Then we eliminate offside.

Then we eliminate the ice.

Scoring will be fine in no time

XanderCrews34

Mar 28, 2014
Does dump and chase open up or close the ice? Maybe dumping from NZ to behind the goal line becomes "offsides"? Or no icing on the PK. Or minor penalties last a full allotted 2 or 4 minutes no matter how many times the PP scores.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
Yesterday I read a funny story about Sid and Gary Roberts.

A few years ago, Sid stayed at Gary's house to train for a few days. Roberts made Sid a sort of yogurt granola dish before bed.

Sid stayed up most of the night in the bathroom apparently :laugh:

I vaguely remember reading something like this, that when Sid first came into the league his diet was straight garbage, eating weird old unidentifiable leftovers... I bet he's more of a kale guy these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad