Post-Game Talk: Your 2016 Stanley Cup champions, the Pittsburgh Penguins (Parade 11:30 am WED.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
If 2009 is an indicator, it's probably going to suck anyway.

Sadly your probably right.

I wish we could have a set of these past playoff games on DVD or Blu-Ray commemorating our win included with it.

IIRC, Detroit had something very similar to that billed as a Special Edition available for their 2008 Cup DVD when they beat us.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
I'm sure nostalgia is clouding my memory, but goddamn, I loved those VHS highlights of the 91 and 92 teams with Earl Mann as the narrator. "One from the Heart" and "Against the Odds." Can't imagine how many times I watched them.

And sure, they were laughably melodramatic -- best was the 92 video when the Pens went down 2-1 to the Rangers after Mario and Mullen got knocked out: "It left Penguins fans wondering if there was any justice left in the world." :laugh:

Watching them now, you're waiting for him to say something like, "Truly... there was no God."

But I'll still take that any day over the bland '09 video. Oh well. Guess that's a pretty minor thing to complain about.

Miss Ausguins

Needs moar Vodka
Jul 28, 2010
Straya
1905ottawasilverseven__1307051370_1891-1.jpg

I swear those Goalie pads look like Cricket Pads. Anyone from all the Cricet playing countries will know what I am on about

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Sadly your probably right.

I wish we could have a set of these past playoff games on DVD or Blu-Ray commemorating our win included with it.

IIRC, Detroit had something very similar to that billed as a Special Edition available for their 2008 Cup DVD when they beat us.

I wish the 09 DVD would be converted to bluray atleast. I rewatched my dvd a couple of months ago and was not used to the standard def. The Steelers converted their 09 video on bluray. Not sure why the Pens can't or won't do theirs.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Jul 3, 2013
The parade is at 11am EST today, please keep this thread open a couple more days so we have a chance to post some pictures!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Jul 3, 2013
I'm sure nostalgia is clouding my memory, but goddamn, I loved those VHS highlights of the 91 and 92 teams with Earl Mann as the narrator. "One from the Heart" and "Against the Odds." Can't imagine how many times I watched them.

And sure, they were laughably melodramatic -- best was the 92 video when the Pens went down 2-1 to the Rangers after Mario and Mullen got knocked out: "It left Penguins fans wondering if there was any justice left in the world." :laugh:

Watching them now, you're waiting for him to say something like, "Truly... there was no God."

But I'll still take that any day over the bland '09 video. Oh well. Guess that's a pretty minor thing to complain about.
True true, the series against the Rangers really showed what the team was made of. Their defining moment if you may.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

The music from that Rangers series was great. Straight out of Planet of the Apes.

Miss Ausguins

Needs moar Vodka
Jul 28, 2010
Straya
I wonder what would happen in the unlikely event of a Canadian team actually winning the cup. Would they magically be able to send it up here?

As all my Canadian relatives are all Canucks fans, I don't even think they even cared about the playoffs at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->