Tribute Your 20 game report card/evaluation of the 23-24 Toronto Maple Leafs

If you could give them a letter grade what would it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Insane a team can be playing so mediocre and if they win their two games in hand this week they would actually be 3rd in the Eastern Conference.

I don't know what to make of the record amount of OT games 20 games into a season.

It is an anomoly, and you could make a case they are tough to beat in regulation, but a case could be made they can't win in regulation.

Reactions: OddyOh and Buds17

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
About where I thought they'd be with questionable goaltending/d-core and a clear step backwards with the offseason moves: a playoff bubble team. I don't see it getting any better if they commit to both Nylander and Marner for big paydays. Glad I don't have Treliving's job tbh because I think he's going to be painted as a villain no matter what he does in the next several months. Too bad the days of blockbuster trades are gone like the Blue Jays exchanging their key guys with the Padres leading to their first WS because I fear that's what's needed at this point. Not tweaks, a true overhaul. Otherwise it's rebuild time again.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Gave em a B, probably should be a C but I get them a benefit of the doubt. They have looked better the past 5 games, but to date so far, they don't excel at anything, not offensively, not defensively and not in goal.

I get they are missing 3 main d-man (hard to put Klingberg in here) but the d-core isn't even close to being put into the catagory of cup contender.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Against expectations B so far. Probably a B+ if M&M didn't suffer cold streaks in the first quarter.

Hard to make much of a determination though as eleven games stopped at 60 minutes so we don't know who the winner was when it matters (playoff format) for half of the games played.

Should trend upwards as we keep fixing things.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
easy now. I’d put them at 80-20. An injury they can’t overcome would sway it the other direction.
80-20 are odds.
Every team has a '100% chance' to make the playoffs, just like every team has a '100% chance' to not make the playoffs.
They either will or they won't.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
But, what pronoun would he/she/we/they use 🤣

Actually, on today's team the Most important player, maybe even MVP, is Reilly. If we lost him for extended time frame, we are toast.
If someone doesn’t step up, yes. It could be Woll.

That’s why I said in September that there is a path to missing the playoffs.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad