Young Stars tournament

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I've liked the play of Mangiapane, Lemieux, and I've seen Harkins make a few good plays.

Mangiapane really interests me, he seems like a very smart hockey player.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
Lemeiux has impressed me most of the game

De Leo, Olson, Harkins and Morrisey have had a few good moments

So far nothing to exciting from my perspective

arsmaster*

Ehlers embellishes every time he's touched. Can't say I'm upset not having him in the system. Kid would have a rep with officials after one game in our sweater.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Lemeiux has impressed me most of the game

De Leo, Olson, Harkins and Morrisey have had a few good moments

So far nothing to exciting from my perspective

They've been pretty meh tbh, also I haven't seen Harkins since the 1st period, he made one good play then got nailed twice in a row.

Whalers has been terrible btw. Him and petan haven't done anything really, no chemistry between the two probably because their too similar of a player.

arsmaster*

They've been pretty meh tbh, also I haven't seen Harkins since the 1st period, he made one good play then got nailed twice in a row.

Whalers has been terrible btw. Him and petan haven't done anything really, no chemistry between the two probably because their too similar of a player.

Ehlers wants to wind it up and go on his own too much.

Got nice and chippy between morrissey and Bennett a dew minutes back.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I only watched the last 5 minutes Was Petan getting pushed around all game or just the end?

Not impressed

Petan is jensen 2.0. I see zero / no chance he becomes a NHL regular. Skill alone won't get him there, extremely weak on the boards, no intensity, floating around.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Petan and Jensen aren't very good compsrables, Jensen is much bigger but a lot less skilled. But I agree with you about him having a tough time making the NHL. I really don't see it at this point.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Yeah Petan and Ehlers are going to get crushed if they actually played against a physical team.

Petan -- Yes, I totally agree with you. He reminds me a lot of Linden Vey.

Ehlers -- I don't think he'll have too much of a problem, but I also don't think he'll be the god that everyone labels him as. The guy is way too skilled to not have Top-6 duties in the NHL.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

Ehlers -- I don't think he'll have too much of a problem, but I also don't think he'll be the god that everyone labels him as. The guy is way too skilled to not have Top-6 duties in the NHL.

Everything I've seen of Ehlers- highlights, last yrs preseason, and this gm has allll consistently suggested he's Baertschi 2.0 with an extra gear to me.

I expect him to take a similar path to the league...

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI

I still fear Ehlers will look even mode soft at the Nhl lvl, i agree i think he will land in the top six. Just feel if he doesnt land on the score board he doesnt bring anything else

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Ehlers had the pick a lot but didn't look overly dominant to me.
As was said earlier seemed to embellish too often.

I'll be surprised if virtanen doesn't look better in this next game. (1 game sample size is enough right?!?!)

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Ehlers had the pick a lot but didn't look overly dominant to me.
As was said earlier seemed to embellish too often.

I'll be surprised if virtanen doesn't look better in this next game. (1 game sample size is enough right?!?!)
Wasn't impressed with too many of the prospects in the first games. Outside of a few bursts of speed even McDavid looks average.

Early days.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad