Young Stars tournament

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
I'm predicting at least one Virtanen hit that results in a fight. Every time I watch him he seems to rock somebody.

or they were just getting in his way :yo:

im excited for the defensive corp
3 really interesting offensive guys..possibly 4 in Subban, Hutton Brisbe, and Neil
always enjoyed watching McEneny and some new guys in Sautner...
sure these names dont appear to b like shiny new toys like Nurse or something but this is till a pretty good depth me thinks anyway

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
So what are fights we are likely to see... Every yr there are a few solid fights...

Who are the potential knuckle chuckers this weekend?

Canucks
Stewart, Martin, Cederholm?

Flames
Proulx may be a safe bet : a 6'5 4pt, 77 PIM invite, Soustal, 6'3 0.28PPG 50 PIM invite.

Oilers and Jets.. i don't know...

I know nothing about Proulx but he had 4 points last year so I think it's safe to say he will do some fightin. Definitely expect Stewart to get into a tussle. If the Flames still have Hunter Smith and Kanzig coming I bet both get into some scraps.

Don't know much about the Oilers or Jets scrappers but looking at the Oilers roster they don't have anyone that has an absurdly low points total so I'm not sure if they brought a dedicated scrapper. Maybe Moroz or Nurse (although I don't think I would like Nurse fighting if I was an Oilers fan). Looks like a few Jets dmen might be into some fights (I'm basing this entirely on size and points total, not an exact science by any means). Holy moly didn't realize Axel Blomqvist is 6'7 now. I remember watching him for a few years with the Royals.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I'm predicting at least one Virtanen hit that results in a fight. Every time I watch him he seems to rock somebody.

I really, really don't want Virtanen to fight. I want him to be 110% healthy for training camp. If he re-injured his shoulder doing something pointless like fighting in an exhibition game ... ohhh boy.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
I know nothing about Proulx but he had 4 points last year so I think it's safe to say he will do some fightin. Definitely expect Stewart to get into a tussle. If the Flames still have Hunter Smith and Kanzig coming I bet both get into some scraps.

Don't know much about the Oilers or Jets scrappers but looking at the Oilers roster they don't have anyone that has an absurdly low points total so I'm not sure if they brought a dedicated scrapper. Maybe Moroz or Nurse (although I don't think I would like Nurse fighting if I was an Oilers fan). Looks like a few Jets dmen might be into some fights (I'm basing this entirely on size and points total, not an exact science by any means). Holy moly didn't realize Axel Blomqvist is 6'7 now. I remember watching him for a few years with the Royals.

Kanzig is a noted goon, with 6 goals and 39 points total in 5 WHL regular seasons. He's 6'6" and 242 lbs i(or so). The Flames drafted him in the 3rd round, much earlier than his low final ranking. More to the point, Kanzig and Stewart had two fights last season, with Stewart maybe edging Kanzig by landing more punches. Also Kanzig fell down, ending their final fight, although it isn't clear if he just slipped or if it was due to a big punch by Stewart. I'd say they're tied in fighting ability, and given their history, it's a sure bet they'll drop the gloves at Young Stars.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I really, really don't want Virtanen to fight. I want him to be 110% healthy for training camp. If he re-injured his shoulder doing something pointless like fighting in an exhibition game ... ohhh boy.

Yeah, let the no name scrubs who are trying to make a name for themselves do the fighting.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Will there be any streams where I can watch these games or will they be showing it on TV

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Oilers have Moroz, Betker and Nurse. Moroz is nothing to worry about, but can sometimes be tough. Nurse is tough but agree, dont want him to fight. Betker is 6`6 and can fight but not his main role. So Oilers dont have any enforcers, but they got some guys that can fight if need be

Really excited to see cassels. One of my favourite prospects (love his style), even though hes on a rival. I probaly have higher thought of him than Nucks fans do (has 2c uspide). Hopefully he gets it going with Mcdavid and both motivate eachother to be better

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
So excited for this! My buddy came down from Ontario to watch this, we're leaving in an hour!!! Who else is going? Maybe I'll see some of you there! :yo:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Title should be updated to show upcoming games or we should make GDTs. I almost forgot about this.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Just caught the last 6 minutes of the first period of the Flames-Jets game...

Anyone else watching it?

I'm liking Lemieux.. at least till he plays the Canucks.

disappointed to not see Ehlers at all in the last 6 mins (jets PKing for most of it)..

Watching this game, I've quickly remembered the speed difference between Jr and pro hockey... that Flames PP with some horrendously slow mov't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad