You Get To Be Kyle Dubas

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
We traded away Kadri, Grundstrom and a 1st round pick and we still don't have a defensive RHD

That's your opinion.

Barrie + Ceci >>> Hainsey (LHD) + Zaitsev

Ceci's your defensive RHD. I don't think he should be on the top-pairing at all, but he's a 2nd pair defensive RHD.

Barrie has been surprisingly good defensively for me. Expecting more offensively though.

Reactions: TopCheese

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Dubas needs to look in the mirror with regards to this D-core. In fact he has been year for 5 years and the same problem still exists, yet he is not fixing the issue. Leafs do not have any muscle on the back end who can defend the forecheck and cycle game. He goes out and gets Barrie, someone they do not need. They dont need a puck mover on the backend, they need a big body who can bang in the corners. Muzzin is the only guy that provides some muscle, but his skating is very average.

If Im Dubas, I am moving Tyson Barrie for the polar opposite of what he is. A big bodied, right shot Dman who can skate and separate man from puck down low. Win battles, make forecheckers pay a price.
Nice bump...

But who has an abundance of big body D that can skate , win battles etc

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I'd bring in retained pk subban to play with rielly and nick ritchie would be a start.
Dont think ritchie costs much

Have you seen how much Leaf fans have trashed Barrie and Muzzin? Bringing in Doughty or Subban wouldn't help anything lol, they'd get run out of town.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Pk has a back bone, not afraid of contact and strong personality. Maybe kick these kids buts in place

As a Leafs fan, I'd love for Subban to come here.

But as a Subban fan as well, I would never want him to come to the Leafs.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
1.) consider if barrie is what we need here. If he is happy here. If he is. Then great. The only trade I would do is savard at 50 percent for kappy.

mango Matty. Willy
Hyman. Tavares. Marner.
Soup. Kerfoot. Moore
Timo. Goat. Spezza

rielly. Savard
Muzz. Barrie
Dermot. Ceci.

If Barrie isn’t happy or whatever here. Look for another option for change of scenery.

Ie. subban with retention. They can flip Barrie for picks.

Barrie for Brodie.
Heck. Wayyy off the wall but. Barrie plus for petro If he isn’t signed. He would fit into the salary structure for the blues.

Most likely keep Barrie and get savard

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Coaching change. It's time.

Any roster changes would be small, if any.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I would like to see how they react to a different coach first but it is a bit concerning how our core have no drive in them.

I guess to answer the question fire Babcock.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I get to be Kyle Dubas?

Here's my first move....."Mike, come to my office for a quick chat."

cannon.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad