GDT: Yippee-Kay-Yay: Blackhawks @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I honestly am still in awe of how well this team has played so far.

Leading the division, one of the best in the league, by Christmas. 21 wins. A weird amount of injuries. f***, I'm so excited for not just the rest of the season but the years to come. I was hopeful heading into the season that we'd put up a good fight for a wild card spot but to see the team play this well much earlier than expected. Man. f*** yea!

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Lots of positives tonight. I thought Zacha was excellent. Nothing flashy but he is good in all three zones. If he can become our next Zajac, count me in.

Cory is the man. Too bad Kane beat him because he deserved the shutout tonight.

I thought Vatanen was good. He's looking more and more comfortable in the system. Made some nice defensive plays throughout the game.

If he can eventually play Zajac’s defensive game, I’ll take a young Zajac+ out of him. He has better hands, more athleticism, a better shot, and skates better. He still has plenty of upside.

Maybe our C depth shakes out Hischier-McLeod-Zacha. If all are performing well, I’m fine with that, we’ll have young and talented depth down the middle for years.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I've heard of UGLY CHRISTMAS Sweaters but

UGLY CHRISTMAS SUITS??

Kinky is starting a trend, I see...
They've had them for a while, just they're rarely seen, also more $ then a ugly shirt. Bruins players wore them earlier this week entering the building. I've only seen a handful of people pull off that look at a Christmas party.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
It'a a little less Mr. Furley looking than Rico's haha.
just a little though !
giphy.gif

Reactions: Bleedred

mike30

Jul 17, 2014
New York
did anyone else see the kid on the jumbotron with a customized nj devils jersey with crosby 87 on the back? wtf??

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I bumped the "Devils are exciting" thread on the main board :popcorn:
DOH!

I do think this is an entertaining roster, I just wish we attacked a little bit more when we have a lead. We play fantastic when we're trailing and we're playing a bit better when we're tied. Still would like to play better with a lead. I thought we did a good job in the 3rd. The 2nd looked like our 1st the last time we played Chicago, we just had pretty top notch goaltending. That was as good as you could possibly ask your goalie to play. It looked like nothing was beating him tonight, outside of a fluky goal off a skate or leg or some kind of perfectly executed backdoor goal. I still think Santini's leg got a piece of that puck. Even if it didn't, he definitely screened Cory the same way Greene did when someone from the Panthers scored a goal like that on Cory the last time we played them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad