GDT: Yippee-Kay-Yay: Blackhawks @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Excellent third period, took it to them. Good job by hynes to dust them off after that second period. But Jesus what's the deal with Boyle & palmieri..... Thought the defensive corps as a whole were superb, even in that second I thought the forwards were the ones who were the big cause of the issues. Vatanen's best game as a devil? He was solid all night. And anyone else love how Moore looked like he was shot out of a f***ing cannon when he caught up to kane when it looked like he was gone? And then vatanen made a nice play to break up Kane's attempted pass to the trailer.

Edit: oh yeah, and schneider was kinda good tonight. Maybe just a little bit good, I suppose?

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Did you seriously get giraffes? Nice! I don't know many people who have them as pets!

I disagree on Schneider though. He flopped a few times when he shouldn't have, the D bailed him out on those ones.

Kinkaid will be better if he ever gets the chance.

Notice how one certain poster is conspicuously missing from tonight's GDT? I figured he'd for sure be mad with that goal Cory allowed, which is usually a screen or the D's fault when Ryan Miller or Keith Kinkaid allows it, but a really soft goal when Schneider allows it.
Well technically they’re in my Xbox. But yea he is missing. Interesting. Maybe Avery should be wondering about his rooting interests instead of mine but hey, that’s none of my business.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Love that third period. Absolutely love it. THAT's how you bounce back.

Hope Cory gets the jacket and gets laid tonight
I don't know about laid.

Tonight seems like one of those ''Not tonight. I have a headache babe!'' nights, after what Cory did in this game.:laugh:

Cory's probably back there eating a whole pizza after this one, with how many calories he used tonight.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
According to TSN, there are at least 50 players in the NHL that are better than Taylor Hall.

gKqNY.gif

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Finally answered the trivia question, figured there'd be one outlier - it was Henrique and Doug Brown. Poor Dano must have taken one too many knocks to the head guessing Gomez lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I got trivia half right.

Doug Brown and Adam Henrique.

I thought it was Madden and Henrique.

Now I know Madden had shorthanded goals in his rookie season, even Dano thought so. Why isn't he on that list? All the rookie who've scored at least 1 shorty in their rookie season on the team had one.

Reactions: nugg

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Quick, we need a crappy version of Boyle and Palms...

I have just what you need. Step into my office and let me introduce you to Mr. Hayes and Mr. Stafford.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Lots of positives tonight. I thought Zacha was excellent. Nothing flashy but he is good in all three zones. If he can become our next Zajac, count me in.

Cory is the man. Too bad Kane beat him because he deserved the shutout tonight.

I thought Vatanen was good. He's looking more and more comfortable in the system. Made some nice defensive plays throughout the game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I got trivia half right.

Doug Brown and Adam Henrique.

I thought it was Madden and Henrique.

Now I know Madden had shorthanded goals in his rookie season, even Dano thought so. Why isn't he on that list? All the rookie who've scored at least 1 shorty in their rookie season on the team had one.

It's confusing me now cause according to this Madden had 6 SH goals his rookie year (and Henrique four in his)

John Madden Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

Brown and Henrique had four, so the answer should actually be Madden by himself.

Reactions: Bleedred

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Was at the game and there was much rejoicing

Seeing Crawford chased out of the net by us again is like Christmas cheer... or something

Reactions: glenwo2

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's confusing me now cause according to this Madden had 6 SH goals his rookie year (and Henrique four in his)

John Madden Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

Brown and Henrique had four, so the answer should actually be Madden by himself.
Someone who has twitter needs to tweet this at the MSG production or Dano, Steve, Sal or whoever is on twitter. Dano can't believe this either.

It's like they erased John Madden from team history haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad